• Jun 21st, 2016 11:42 am
Tags:
None
14 replies
Dec 11, 2014
20 posts
20 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Perfect timing! Our old set's barely holding a charge these days and replacing them for $33 all in is crazy. Thanks OP!
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14659 posts
4769 upvotes
Montreal
I can only assume these are cheap because they use non-AAA batteries that cost more than the phones....

that's why I always buy panasonic - the higher price = better quality, longer life and the ability to use eneloops/duraloops when the first pair burns out.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Aug 9, 2012
357 posts
424 upvotes
BC
nearly out.

I recall it was free shipping last time, but you'd still be saving money even with the +$5 shipping
Feb 18, 2010
900 posts
370 upvotes
Greely
JackWhyte wrote: that's why I always buy panasonic - the higher price = better quality, longer life and the ability to use eneloops/duraloops when the first pair burns out.
+1
I'm still running my Panny DECT phones from 2008 and I can't find a reason to replace them. One handset still has the original batteries!
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14659 posts
4769 upvotes
Montreal
old sparks wrote: +1
I'm still running my Panny DECT phones from 2008 and I can't find a reason to replace them. One handset still has the original batteries!
yeah, the only way they break is if you drop/thrown them. :lol:

btw, can someone confirm these use non-AA-standard batteries (i.e. you need to go to the source and get reamed), which is why they're so cheap? if they're AA, then I would be interested.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2496 posts
431 upvotes
I have had my old vtech's for 5 years, and they finally need to be replaced. I would go through Panasonics every 2-3 years because the batteries would go. My last vtech is going strong for 5 years but I dropped one in the toilet so for $33 all in I might as well replace it . I bought the last set and will only buy vtech over panasonic.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14659 posts
4769 upvotes
Montreal
mtlboy wrote: I would go through Panasonics every 2-3 years because the batteries would go.
huh? why not just replace them with AA rechargeables?

I have duraloops in all mine and they run perfectly.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2496 posts
431 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote: huh? why not just replace them with AA rechargeables?

At the time they didn't have them, but I like Vtech quality, no complaints from me.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9370 posts
12857 upvotes
GT-EH
JackWhyte wrote: huh? why not just replace them with AA rechargeables?

Not all cordless phones use AA or AAA... some use proprietary ones which really suck.

I think most of the newer panasonic ones use AAA.
What's the best credit card for...
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14659 posts
4769 upvotes
Montreal
GiOBoY wrote: Not all cordless phones use AA or AAA... some use proprietary ones which really suck.

I think most of the newer panasonic ones use AAA.
we've been buying panasonic dect's for well over a decade and they *all* have AAA rechargeables, so the OP must have had ancient models from the 90's or something.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4345 posts
1172 upvotes
Charlottetown
JackWhyte wrote: we've been buying panasonic dect's for well over a decade and they *all* have AAA rechargeables, so the OP must have had ancient models from the 90's or something.
i've had my Panasonic phones for about 5 years now, still working well except for a few buttons you have to push hard. my batteries look like 3 AAA's, but they're in a sort of plastic enclosure/case with two contacts on the bottom of the case, can i just replace the batteries in the case with three AAA Eneloops when the time comes?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2719 posts
540 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
damn missed it, our vtechs at home are finally crapping out after 5+ years of abuse.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2498 posts
2835 upvotes
Fredericton
JackWhyte wrote: we've been buying panasonic dect's for well over a decade and they *all* have AAA rechargeables, so the OP must have had ancient models from the 90's or something.
I worked at Staples ~8 years ago, and there were numerous models of Panasonic phones sold that still used a proprietary battery pack. They were available more recently then you think.