Hot Deals

Staples

Epson EcoTank ET-4850 $500 (minus $50 trade-in)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2022 12:10 am
[OP]
Sep 10, 2004
42 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto

[Staples] Epson EcoTank ET-4850 $500 (minus $50 trade-in)

Pretty descent deal on an Epson EcoTank printer. Regular price is $650.00, it's currently selling everywhere at $500 including BestBuy, Amazon and Epson.ca. What makes the staples deal better is that there is currently a printer trade in promo for this printer. Trade in your old printer and SAVE $50 (Offer valid in-store only.) If you have an old printer lying around, that's an additional $50 off.

There is also currently a promo for Staples email subscribers - spend $500 in store or online and receive a $100 Staples gift card. You can also combine it with the Shopper's gift card promo. Buy two gift cards for $250 each in two separate transactions and receive 30 K Optimum points. They don't have Staples specific gift cards but you can buy the "One4all" gift card which you can use at Staples.

I have this printer at the office and have been waiting for a deal to purchase a second one. It's a great printer if you do a lot of printing...it does save money over the traditional non-refillable/toner printers. If you only print occasionally, then you can stick with a regular printer for much less money.

In the end, I purchased an additional $50.01 worth of office supplies (to get the email promo), cash layout was $500 + tax. Received a $100 Staples gift card and 30K Optimum points. That's not bad for a printer that rarely goes on sale.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
1697 posts
3234 upvotes
Vancouver
Is it too late to get the staples subscriber coupon?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1781 posts
560 upvotes
Toronto
My only worry about these EcoTank / MegaTank type printers is, how do you clean out the reservoir if they get dirty or the ink dries up in them?
How I try to save money: Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $68 150 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp
How I try to make money: Amex Cobalt / GCR / Rakuten / Paymi / Ampli / Wealthsimple Mastercard
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1997 posts
3933 upvotes
Correct me if I'm wrong but... didn't Epson just discontinue these?
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
[OP]
Sep 10, 2004
42 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
quanta wrote: My only worry about these EcoTank / MegaTank type printers is, how do you clean out the reservoir if they get dirty or the ink dries up in them?
There is a self cleaning function that basically uses ink to flush out the lines. There is no reservoir to clean out but it does have something called an ink maintenance box where the ink used in the flushing process ends up. I've never had problems with the ink "drying" up as the printer is used on a daily basis. As I've said, this printer is ideal if you do a lot of printing. If you only print once in a while, the non-megatank printers are much more cost effective. We print or receive more than 100 pages per day. We were replacing laser toners every 2-3 months. at a cost of $70 per toner It is a lot less expensive to refill the tank with ink and it lasts a lot longer. The printer is a slower than the Brother printers that we've had in the past but the trade off in terms of operating cost is well worth it, in my opinion.