Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Epson Home Cinema 760HD $424

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2020 10:22 am
Jul 22, 2006
86 posts
31 upvotes
My advice to anyone buying a projector home theater is: Don't do it. I bought something like this 10 years ago and it is still in the box. It's right up there with the tape camcorder.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
637 upvotes
I have a dedicated room for my home theatre with a high end projector and sound. We use it almost every weekend for family movie night.

Now I'm looking for a cheap 1080p projector for my bedroom so no clue what you're talking about...
mtmy wrote: My advice to anyone buying a projector home theater is: Don't do it. I bought something like this 10 years ago and it is still in the box. It's right up there with the tape camcorder.
Sep 12, 2019
53 posts
103 upvotes
mtmy wrote: My advice to anyone buying a projector home theater is: Don't do it. I bought something like this 10 years ago and it is still in the box. It's right up there with the tape camcorder.
Realllly.... I've had a 1080p projector for years now, with made by me, 130 inch screen. It's been awesome for watching movies, sports, etc., and anybody that has seen it has loved it.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2384 posts
2875 upvotes
Edmonton
Lol pro tips
Sep 12, 2019
53 posts
103 upvotes
Atillathepun wrote: Is it any good? Those rando amazon projectors gets lots of bad reviews on reddit etc
I'm not an expert but from what I've read they are decent, for the price. For $280 having a screen as big as you want can not be beat. Having a decent surround system for the sound will complete the experience.
Sep 8, 2004
960 posts
99 upvotes
Been using a 720p projector for many years and have been happy with the quality (on a 100" screen), but perhaps I'm the only one! :)
Mar 16, 2006
241 posts
176 upvotes
I’ve been using an Epson 720p for years and it’s been mostly great.
Playing Mario Karts at 110 inches makes it a lot easier to spot secret entrances.

However in 2020 at the price point of the OP, and depending on projection size, I would definitely get a refurb Epson 1080p (from Epson) over a new 720p.
110 is stretching it a lot for BBC documentaries but fine (for me) for movies. Of course I may have just gotten use to it as my options for placement forced the projection size.
Jan 28, 2014
591 posts
217 upvotes
OP wants to project a 70 inch image in a bedroom.

I'd suggest finding a cheap 65 inch TV (some go on sale for around 500 that will usually blow away most projectors for the price range you are looking at).
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
3674 posts
1039 upvotes
Montreal
KravenHead wrote: Looks like I hit a nerve eh? What's next "my house is bigger than your house"...

Point is not everybody has an unlimited amount of disposable income..and an extra 150$ might be more than what the OP wants to spend.
"Unlimited amount of disposable income" ??? We are talking about a projector right?

4k is better...
Apr 30, 2017
322 posts
491 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
KravenHead wrote: Don't forget lumens, throw distance, aspect ratio, lense shift, digital keystone, inputs and replacement lamp cost just to name a few.... Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Mic drop! Amazing.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2384 posts
2875 upvotes
Edmonton
cheapbastage wrote: Dont snub 720p for watching broadcast content. Major Canadian and US broadcasters are using 1080i and 720p and they will for the foreseeable future. Sports channels like Espn are still pushing out 720p.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-de ... ted_States

If you are watching bluray or gaming, it's a different story.
Everyone watches at least some Netflix, etc now.