Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 21, 2004
524 posts
9 upvotes
Cranbrook

Staples Extended Warranty

Somebody said that Staples had a really good extended warranty but I can't find any info about it on their site. I want the warranty for a digital camera--can anybody help me find out any info on what their extended warranty covers.
8 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22204 posts
3032 upvotes
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! NOOOOOooooooooOOOOOooooooooo

Staple's warrenty suck.

You buy it, and it starts when the orginal warreny expiers. So if your cammer breaks in one year, and it isent overed in the orginal warranty you have to wait for the orginal one to expier

They hassle you like crazy. You want something done, they dont do it. I called theior head office, they were trying to said "Your own your own. We have your miney and thats all we care about!"

As soon as you get your replacment the warenty is voided. It is no longer in effect even if you still have 2 years left. Its a wast!

I like Future Shop the best. They do the exact oposite of what I said above. I had an mp3 player with a 3 year warrnty. The orginal warreny wasent expiered yet, but they still repaced it NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
Feb 16, 2005
426 posts
38 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Kasakato wrote:Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! NOOOOOooooooooOOOOOooooooooo

Staple's warrenty suck.

You buy it, and it starts when the orginal warreny expiers. So if your cammer breaks in one year, and it isent overed in the orginal warranty you have to wait for the orginal one to expier

They hassle you like crazy. You want something done, they dont do it. I called theior head office, they were trying to said "Your own your own. We have your miney and thats all we care about!"

As soon as you get your replacment the warenty is voided. It is no longer in effect even if you still have 2 years left. Its a wast!

I like Future Shop the best. They do the exact oposite of what I said above. I had an mp3 player with a 3 year warrnty. The orginal warreny wasent expiered yet, but they still repaced it NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
Wow, someone needs to retake English... may i suggest.. E.S.L.?

Yes, that's right Staples warranty takes effect after your manufacturer warranty expires. For your digital camera if the purchase price is under... 199.99 then you can buy a replacement plan. So in the second year you either get the same camera replaced or you get store credit to purchases a new camera!

COST OF ITEM | COST OF WARRANTY
$0-49.99 | $6.99
$50-99.99 | $9.99
$100-149.99 | $19.99
$150-199.99 | $29.99
Replacement plans are ONLY for ONE year. It is a complete REPLACEMENT your item is NOT repaired

Anything over $200 is served under the repair plan
I don't remember the exact pricing but It will cover against a lot of things for example if you crack your PDA screen that IS covered for ONE time. Most things that happen to a camera are covered: break the screen, the lens, etc..

CONSUMABLES are not covered under this warranty! ie. Batteries, Ink Cartridges and Toners.

That's all I can really think of.

Also, you can ONLY buy the warranties IN STORE.

I know at the store I work at, we pay for your shipping to the manufacturer during your manufacturer warranty period.

ALSO... STAPLES warranty does not use a third party company, all STAPLES warranties are thru staples.

CLAIMS PROCESS.. simply call the 1-800 #, you get a case #, bring your product to a store and we'll ship it for you, for free.... If it is a replacement we'll give you store credit, or an exchange for the same item (this rarely happens as items get discontinued -so you most likely gonna get credit)
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22204 posts
3032 upvotes
Sorry I was in a rush. I just wanted to help before I left. BTW: Its NOT that easy.
[OP]
Nov 21, 2004
524 posts
9 upvotes
Cranbrook
Stooples employee--Do you have a link to the prices and legal yada yada of the Staples warranty? I'd like to read up on it.
Apr 11, 2005
528 posts
98 upvotes
Kasakato wrote: As soon as you get your replacment the warenty is voided. It is no longer in effect even if you still have 2 years left. Its a wast!

The extended warranty at FS works the exact same way as Stooples. My cell phone was replaced under the extended warranty at FS, but even though I still had a year left on it, they said I would have to buy a new extended warranty for the new phone (in other words, the year I still had on the extended warranty was about as good as my dead phone). I was not impressed. :twisted:

Needless to say, I recently bought the extended warranty at Stooples for my new digital camera. I wanted some peace of mind "just in case" something happens after the manufacturers warranty runs out.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1803 posts
69 upvotes
Vancouver
Stooples employee, what percentage of digital cameras get brought in for repair/replacement?

I want to buy a camera online (using $20/$30 off coupon) but you say there's no extended warrentee offered?
Mar 12, 2005
211 posts
Edmonton
at my store with the everything under $200 replacement plan, it gets dealt with 9/10 without any problems, the only time there's usually problems is when the people don't bring the reciept or everything back. The ones for items over $200 get kinda sticky though except on computers and laptops, they usually get dealt with quite well.
[OP]
Nov 21, 2004
524 posts
9 upvotes
Cranbrook
So if the camera I want costs about $650 then I'm going to have a bunch of trouble getting them to do anything?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)