Hot Deals

[Staples] Fitbit Inspire 2 Fitness $89.99 (also at Best Buy, Amazon.ca))

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2021 10:48 am
[OP]
Jun 4, 2007
36 posts
27 upvotes

[Staples] Fitbit Inspire 2 Fitness $89.99 (also at Best Buy, Amazon.ca))

My kid is looking for this Fitbit. The new price drop make it a deal better than before.
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 3rd, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
20 replies
Dec 1, 2011
294 posts
73 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up. The wife and I were planning on buying something like this for each other for Valentine's Day so I grabbed 2!
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2001
1450 posts
141 upvotes
I literally just bought one from Amazon two days ago. Too bad they don't do price adjustments.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4681 posts
436 upvotes
Vancity
daner90 wrote: Thanks for the heads up. The wife and I were planning on buying something like this for each other for Valentine's Day so I grabbed 2!
Test out that heart rate monitor Valentines Night, amirite Smiling Face With Sunglasses?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5331 posts
1437 upvotes
Kanata
and everywhere that sells fitbit it seems
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Jan 4, 2014
377 posts
464 upvotes
Paris
I bought the Inspire 2 last Black Friday, but wished I had gone for the Charge 4.
The Inspire 2 has all the features I need and the Charge 4 was going to be over-kill. but...
The Inspire 2 has a plastic body (cannot verify if the display is Gorilla Glass or not) where-as the Charge 4 is aluminum and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 display.
Inspire 2 has a "connected" GPS and the Charge 4 has NFC for contactless payment and a built-in GPS.
The Inspire 2 does hold the charge longer 10 days compared to 7 for the Charge 4 (marketing???).
So it's a judgement call on how active you are (plastic vs aluminum body), your needs and the price points.
I enjoy mine and it's a step up from the original Fitbit Charge HR I had before. Wear it daily and miss it the odd day when I forget.
Nov 10, 2003
632 posts
182 upvotes
Richmond
xla4life wrote: I literally just bought one from Amazon two days ago. Too bad they don't do price adjustments.
refund and buy it again.
Nov 10, 2003
632 posts
182 upvotes
Richmond
I have a Fitbit before their bluetooth connectivity was horrible, while I was searching for solution I found it was a pretty common issue.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15036 posts
2966 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Sunmax wrote: I have a Fitbit before their bluetooth connectivity was horrible, while I was searching for solution I found it was a pretty common issue.
+1, I enjoy Garmin Vivosmart 4 so much more (specially as it goes beyond basic metrics due to advanced sensors) and their app is well designed as well.
Feb 6, 2017
177 posts
291 upvotes
kanezuo wrote: My kid is looking for this Fitbit. The new price drop make it a deal better than before.
FYI, don't forget Google now owns Fitbit and will monetize your health data.
Last edited by stwan001 on Feb 3rd, 2021 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 20, 2019
24 posts
3 upvotes
Does this one allow for glucose monitoring? Or any Fitbit for that matter?
May 13, 2015
19 posts
8 upvotes
I have the Fitbit Inspire and it’s perfect. I had the Versa but prefer the basic lightweight Inspire. I found the Versa and Apple Watch too clunky, and overkill for my needs. The battery lasts at least seven days between charges. There’s something for everyone and this is great for the basics and it’s lightness is a big plus. I hardly notice it on my wrist.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1068 posts
402 upvotes
Vancouver
I have a long history with the Charge HR and now Inspire HR. These are great as long as you know what you are buying, a lightweight/slim watch/tracker. Yes, you'll notice micro scratches on the screen over time and I really only expect these devices to last 2-3 years. I'm okay with that.

Bluetooth was terrible on my Charge HR. But on my inspire HR, no issues.

I think Fitbit has been very accurate in terms of their battery life estimates. Mine was always rated for 5 days, lasted 5 days.
Nov 22, 2013
196 posts
192 upvotes
thefeebster wrote: I have a long history with the Charge HR and now Inspire HR. These are great as long as you know what you are buying, a lightweight/slim watch/tracker. Yes, you'll notice micro scratches on the screen over time and I really only expect these devices to last 2-3 years. I'm okay with that.

Bluetooth was terrible on my Charge HR. But on my inspire HR, no issues.

I think Fitbit has been very accurate in terms of their battery life estimates. Mine was always rated for 5 days, lasted 5 days.
There are details on how to reduce micro scratches on the internet. Hint, it involves toothpaste. If you follow the directions you can get pretty good results.
Feb 4, 2021
4 posts
It looks like this is the same price at most retailers. Is there a best place to buy it? (eg, if a retailer's gift cards are discounted, etc).

It's too bad fitbit is excluded from Sportchek's friends and family sale.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9211 posts
4503 upvotes
Markham
How's Fitbit quality? I read some reviews and seems a lot problems
Oct 29, 2007
222 posts
40 upvotes
Can anyone tell me if you can extract your heart rate data over the course of a set time frame? For example, can you look at the data for the entire week or something like that?
Jan 4, 2019
363 posts
141 upvotes
It's a great product. If you want it to show you texts and do some basic control like spotify from your phone it's got that but it's barebones. Which is what I love about it. I use mine to track sleep, heart rate, calories and steps. Not sure on its accuracies but paired with the app it's a great tool for a lot of things. Add the long over due waterproofing and large battery like it's a great help to stay fit. Would recommend. Upvoted