Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Fitbit up to $55 off Alta/Alta HR/Charge2/Ionic/Flex2

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2018 1:17 pm
Jan 8, 2010
176 posts
291 upvotes
ineedmoneypls wrote: Do you think more than justifies the cost? Also, do you find yourself taking it off from time to time due to the way it looks?
I really like mine but I don't think it's worth the full price. I got the Alta HR for around $120 on Black Friday but I still think that's still kind of pricey for what it is. That being said, I would gladly buy it again.

I only take mine off to shower. I use the default silicone band when working out, and I have a third-party rose gold band that makes the Alta look like a fancy bracelet for other occasions.

I bought the Fitbit to see my heart rate when I work out. It hasn't fully met my expectations in that aspect, since I do a lot of HIIT and wrist-based monitors like Fitbits aren't the best for tracking rapid changes in heart rate during HIIT. It's great at tracking heart rate for running and cardio machines though. I agree with the other posters that it hasn't made me more active but it's good for stats. I know some people who find the Fitbit challenges motivating (when you can compete against friends).

Some unexpected benefits that I didn't realize I would value so much:
- Silent alarm that vibrates to wake you up...it's a much more gentle way to wake up rather than being interrupted by the sound of an alarm
- Sleep tracking...it's very interesting to be able to see my sleep patterns and has motivated me to sleep earlier. Also interesting to see that I'm more groggy when I wake up during REM sleep.
- Syncs to other apps I was already using such as Carrot, Mindbody, and MyFitnessPal so the stats of my workout are automatically shared between the apps
- Syncs to my phone so it vibrates when I get a call,..this has helped me avoid missing calls when my phone is on silent
Jul 30, 2012
195 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ineedmoneypls wrote: Do you think more than justifies the cost? Also, do you find yourself taking it off from time to time due to the way it looks?
When I originally purchased the Charge 2 I got a preorder discount. For the Versa I also used a coupon so as much as I wanted the item, I'd purchase it on sale/discounted price.

I take the watch off when I sleep so I don't use the sleep tracking feature. I like the look of the Versa and big screen can show messages from different apps. Its also very light weight despite the bigger size versus the other fitness bands.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)