Expired Hot Deals

Staples

Get 25/50 BAM When You Use 95 Cash Miles For $10 Towards Your Purchase (In-Store Only) - Sep 08 to 14, 2021 - Targetted?

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2021 2:25 pm
Moderator
User avatar
Mar 23, 2004
46168 posts
12028 upvotes
Markham
trystee wrote: A few links showing that Staples now allows AM Cash Miles redemption:

https://www.staples.ca/a/content/airmiles (scroll down to the third banner, left-hand side)

https://rewards.airmiles.ca/cashrewards/in-store/94844

Note: under the Airmiles site link above in the Regions section, they do have the standard "Available at participating locations" disclaimer.

First time I redeemed at Staples I got the same pushback. Asked to speak to a manager (also clueless) who spoke to another manager who knew about it and helped with the transaction. I advised the helpful manager that perhaps some training is required for the staff. Went back a week later, no issues then and none since.



The T&C's indicate "Maximum amount of 50 Miles to be awarded per transaction" and not per AM account. Unless they've changed things and, based on some of the DPs in the previous thread, you should be able to make multiple transactions and get multiple BAM.
Uh oh, looks like i may have a hard time redeeming it...hoping it will be smooth tmr.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3883 posts
10330 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Posted this in the other Staples coupon thread, confirming that the coupon and AM redemption worked in-store (plus a PM):
Able to get MS 365 Personal for $52.99 OOP this morning in-store plus 50 future bonus Air Miles:

  • $79.99 - $5.00 = $74.99 (PM Memory Express)
  • $74.99 - $15.00 = $59.99 ($15 off $50 coupon)
  • $59.99 + $3.00 GST = $62.99 (I'm in AB, only GST)
  • $62.99 - $10 Air Miles Cash Miles redemption = $52.99 (50 BAM to come later thanks to the targetted AM offer)

Thanks to OP @Spiritualx for the thread, @BertL67369 for the coupon code, @mystery & @tobalolox for confirming that the code works in-store and the Staples employee that worked with me to get the deal completed as I figured it would. :)
Just a friendly reminder for those that did not do the promo last time, the 50 BAM will take some time to post to your account and does NOT show on the receipt. According to my AM spreadsheet, the last promo took approximately 37 days from the promo end date to post the 50 BAM. If the same holds true for this round, we should see it post around Oct 21, 2021.
Jr. Member
Dec 13, 2017
150 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Thanks, Trystee! Was able to get some much needed printer cartridges using the $15 off code and redeemed 95 AMs to get 50 back. I know Staples isn't the cheapest for cartridges, but they're not the most expensive either, so I'm happy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3883 posts
10330 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
grammasdeals wrote: Thanks, Trystee! Was able to get some much needed printer cartridges using the $15 off code and redeemed 95 AMs to get 50 back. I know Staples isn't the cheapest for cartridges, but they're not the most expensive either, so I'm happy.
Glad it worked out for you.

PS. don't forget, Staples price matches for added savings. :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
8950 posts
4799 upvotes
trystee wrote: Glad it worked out for you.

PS. don't forget, Staples price matches for added savings. :)
Does the purchase need to be in-store to be able to redeem the 95 AM to get 50 AM back? I believe that is what the promo says but I wasn't sure if people were still getting the bonus 50 AM if they are buying from Staples online.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2003
10287 posts
2453 upvotes
Richmond Hill
choclover wrote: Does the purchase need to be in-store to be able to redeem the 95 AM to get 50 AM back? I believe that is what the promo says but I wasn't sure if people were still getting the bonus 50 AM if they are buying from Staples online.
Don't think you can redeem AM online
Moderator
User avatar
Mar 23, 2004
46168 posts
12028 upvotes
Markham
choclover wrote: Does the purchase need to be in-store to be able to redeem the 95 AM to get 50 AM back? I believe that is what the promo says but I wasn't sure if people were still getting the bonus 50 AM if they are buying from Staples online.
you cannot redeem AM on the Staples website.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2003
10287 posts
2453 upvotes
Richmond Hill
in store, rep wanted to see the coupon and check terms, i just said i will come back and left, may have order online with coupon, more savings.
Moderator
User avatar
Mar 23, 2004
46168 posts
12028 upvotes
Markham
wlee wrote: in store, rep wanted to see the coupon and check terms, i just said i will come back and left, may have order online with coupon, more savings.
yeah have that happened to me too since I have to rebuy the item with a staples merch card. I just told the person i deleted the email and she just entered the code into the system and it went through with no trouble.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2003
10287 posts
2453 upvotes
Richmond Hill
angel_wing0 wrote: yeah have that happened to me too since I have to rebuy the item with a staples merch card. I just told the person i deleted the email and she just entered the code into the system and it went through with no trouble.
he insisted to exam the physical evidence Face Screaming In Fear
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3883 posts
10330 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
trystee wrote: Just a friendly reminder for those that did not do the promo last time, the 50 BAM will take some time to post to your account and does NOT show on the receipt. According to my AM spreadsheet, the last promo took approximately 37 days from the promo end date to post the 50 BAM. If the same holds true for this round, we should see it post around Oct 21, 2021.
Got my 50 BAM today, exactly the same 37 days from the promo end date of Sep 14, 2021 as the previous promo. :)
Jr. Member
Dec 13, 2017
150 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Got mine too, and I was worried it wouldn't post properly. The Staples cashier keyed in the wrong code twice, and then the sale price of the item I was buying didn't show on the receipt, so she rang through the transaction a third time (after two refunds for the same transaction). Great confusion, but got my 50 AMs today.

Thanks, Trystee for starting the topic and keeping us up to date with info.

Top