• Last Updated:
  • Mar 12th, 2020 12:33 am
[OP]
Aug 18, 2013
189 posts
219 upvotes

[Staples] Google Nest WiFi Router and 2 Points - $349.99

Hi All,

Not sure how hot of a deal this is, but stumbled upon it as I was looking for a wifi solution for my parents house.

On sale at Staples.ca for 379.99 (Reg. 459.99) then apply the code 73149 for $30 off purchase of $250, brings it down to a total of 349.99.

Placed the order for delivery as many stores near me are out of stock. Hopefully others can benefit from this deal as well!.
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 7th, 2020 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
72 replies
Nov 22, 2017
947 posts
1348 upvotes
Good deal. I picked this up when Staples had the 25% off coupon in November.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5046 posts
998 upvotes
While I cannot comment on this specific mesh system, if you're on the fence about getting one I'd get off the fence and dive in. I bought the Netgear Orbi system (2 units, AC2200) and it's been awesome. Have the router in my basement (set my Rogers Modem/Wifi Router to bridge mode) and an access point on the 2nd floor and it's been awesome.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17211 posts
3782 upvotes
Toronto
Cheaper than Boxing day...
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Aug 14, 2018
304 posts
276 upvotes
GTA
I don’t really buy items from staples, How’s their return policy.. this is very tempting.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Message Sent from outta Space :twisted:
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
1962 posts
256 upvotes
Ottawa
I'd only buy if you need one right now. With most wifi-6 devices coming out in the near future (plenty of existing devices out already too) I'd expect the prices on wifi-5 solutions to be going down significantly.
[OP]
Aug 18, 2013
189 posts
219 upvotes
DesiITGuru wrote: I don’t really buy items from staples, How’s their return policy.. this is very tempting.
Its been fine base on my own person experience, even though they say the refund to your credit can take up to a week. I have heard others have had some poor experience though gettiner their refunds to appear.
Dec 13, 2012
1 posts
Kitchener
I was supposed to start a thread because I was able to PM this 379 price at Home Depot. With HD price match + beat, the sale price came to 342.

Since this item is HD online only, I checked it again, and they are already out of stock, unfortunately. Good thing I bought it first thing in the morning today.
Last edited by rmmiranda on Mar 6th, 2020 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 18, 2003
45 posts
Vancouver
Yes, way better. However it doesn't work so well with the latest iPad. It seem have problem switching 2.4ghz and 5Ghz network. You can feel a lag on the pause. Beside that everything quite prefect. My wife loves it so much that she knows nothing about networking, but she know how easy to disable internet access for my kid to avoid watching too much YouTube!!
Jun 9, 2009
736 posts
116 upvotes
Hamilton
Bought the Google Wifi 2 years ago for 350 but didn’t allow to to install VPN on router so I put it on Kijiji maybe 6 months after that for 200 and couldn’t get that.

In order words, not sure what the resale will be on this but make sure this product lets you do everything you want from a router or else you might be stuck
Oct 23, 2008
116 posts
105 upvotes
game_fanatic wrote: While I cannot comment on this specific mesh system, if you're on the fence about getting one I'd get off the fence and dive in. I bought the Netgear Orbi system (2 units, AC2200) and it's been awesome. Have the router in my basement (set my Rogers Modem/Wifi Router to bridge mode) and an access point on the 2nd floor and it's been awesome.
I have the same thing and it's been fantastic. 2 seems to be sufficient unless you have a huge house.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2689 posts
1122 upvotes
, ON
For $259 you can get Asus ax3000 which have wifi6 technology. I wonder if one Asus is enough vs this google nest WiFi with 2 points.
Nov 17, 2010
586 posts
331 upvotes
Thornhill
anotherbargainhunter wrote: For $259 you can get Asus ax3000 which have wifi6 technology. I wonder if one Asus is enough vs this google nest WiFi with 2 points.
Depends on how big your home is...
Dec 31, 2018
196 posts
159 upvotes
I haven’t tried out the Nest wifi, but I have tried out the eero. The only reason I wouldn’t buy the nest is because the other nodes don’t have cat5 ports... only the main router one does. For someone with an ethernet backhaul, or just to eliminate a wireless connection from a cable box or whatever you have around the house, it’s just not possible with the Nest.