Expired Hot Deals

Staples

Google Nest WiFi Router and 2 Points, White AC2200 $380.19 - $25 Coupon = $355.19

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2021 9:06 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3476 posts
2020 upvotes

[Staples] Google Nest WiFi Router and 2 Points, White AC2200 $380.19 - $25 Coupon = $355.19

Google Nest WiFi Router and 2 Points, White AC2200 $380.19 - $25 Coupon = $355.19 reg. $459.99

Basically getting an AP for $5 at this price since MSRP for Router and AP package is $349.99

same $379.99 at most stores but Staples $25 DISCOUNT (code: 81422) off makes it better.
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
37 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1149 posts
688 upvotes
Markham
Not to get into plethora of better alternatives (APs, tri-band etc), this deal is only mediocre if you are hard set on a Google/Nest solution.

The Eero 5 - 3 pack is normally priced at $279. Sure they're all AC1300, but the 2x Nest points are also AC1300 which makes it a reasonable comparison.
The Eero 6 - 3 pack is priced regularly at $399 and vastly outperforms the Nest in every aspect. Newer standard, better reliability, better performance, and same simplicity of configuration.

If one were to be spending this kind of money on a network solution, I'm sure they wouldn't cheap out to save a few bucks settling for for something much inferior.
Jan 13, 2005
929 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Expliciate wrote: Not to get into plethora of better alternatives (APs, tri-band etc), this deal is only mediocre if you are hard set on a Google/Nest solution.

The Eero 5 - 3 pack is normally priced at $279. Sure they're all AC1300, but the 2x Nest points are also AC1300 which makes it a reasonable comparison.
The Eero 6 - 3 pack is priced regularly at $399 and vastly outperforms the Nest in every aspect. Newer standard, better reliability, better performance, and same simplicity of configuration.

If one were to be spending this kind of money on a network solution, I'm sure they wouldn't cheap out to save a few bucks settling for for something much inferior.
I'm in the market for a mesh system. I have been ok with my Fido router but now I need something that will each outside for my security cameras.

I don't plan to have an Ethernet backbone. Is there a specific solution I should be looking into that's reliable?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1149 posts
688 upvotes
Markham
iverson wrote: I'm in the market for a mesh system. I have been ok with my Fido router but now I need something that will each outside for my security cameras.

I don't plan to have an Ethernet backbone. Is there a specific solution I should be looking into that's reliable?
Depends on the requirements.
If you don't plan to have an ethernet backbone, then you would normally require at least 2 units (one wired backbone, and the other at a remote area using wireless backhaul).
If the solution is solely to satisfy the security cameras, there is the unrealiable method of a wireless repeater solely assigned for the security cameras (will use different SSID).

For an all-in-one solution, the Eero solutions works plenty for average users. If you are looking for a more complicated approach, the frequently mentioned and value oriented EdgeRouter X + TP-Link EAP245v3 APs combo works great. One AP is required with a wired backbone for the others to utilize wireless backhaul. You can technically skip the edgerouter and keep using the fido router, as the AP portion of the solution works independently.
Dec 10, 2006
207 posts
118 upvotes
I am also in the market for a mesh system because my MTS/Bell pods are awful and always dropping to fair or poor signal at random. I stream tv on DAZN/Prime Video and have 3 kids on iPhones and iPads and PS4 plus smart home devices. I’ve read TP-Link have good reviews and see their Wi-Fi 6 mesh devices are on sale on Amazon and look pretty good priced compared to others. For example this is on sale for $229. Not sure how to post link from Amazon app so here is the heading. Good deal?

TP-Link WiFi 6 Mesh WiFi AX1800 Whole Home Mesh WiFi System - Covers up to 4,000 Sq. Ft, Replaces Routers and WiFi Extenders, Parental Control (Deco X20 2-Pack)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1149 posts
688 upvotes
Markham
noelliam wrote: I am also in the market for a mesh system because my MTS/Bell pods are awful and always dropping to fair or poor signal at random. I stream tv on DAZN/Prime Video and have 3 kids on iPhones and iPads and PS4 plus smart home devices. I’ve read TP-Link have good reviews and see their Wi-Fi 6 mesh devices are on sale on Amazon and look pretty good priced compared to others. For example this is on sale for $229. Not sure how to post link from Amazon app so here is the heading. Good deal?

TP-Link WiFi 6 Mesh WiFi AX1800 Whole Home Mesh WiFi System - Covers up to 4,000 Sq. Ft, Replaces Routers and WiFi Extenders, Parental Control (Deco X20 2-Pack)
There is a separate thread discussing about that specific kit:
best-buy-tp-link-deco-x20-ax1800-whole- ... 9-2460158/

They all work roughly the same, but may have their own complaints and issues here and there. Most alternatives are also reasonably well priced except for the Google/Nest products.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
2758 posts
763 upvotes
Toronto
Expliciate wrote: Not to get into plethora of better alternatives (APs, tri-band etc), this deal is only mediocre if you are hard set on a Google/Nest solution.

Regarding Eero 6 vs OP's Nest solution, would we see the benefits of the Wifi 6 or better technology of the Eero?
For example if we have fibre 1gb through ISP.
Contemplating which one to go for, Google only for the name but I didn't consider Eero before
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1149 posts
688 upvotes
Markham
ashihtaka wrote: Regarding Eero 6 vs OP's Nest solution, would we see the benefits of the Wifi 6 or better technology of the Eero?
For example if we have fibre 1gb through ISP.
Contemplating which one to go for, Google only for the name but I didn't consider Eero before
The benefits will only be experienced if you use a device that is 802.11ax compatible. The standard itself allows for more efficient utilization of bandwidth and power, along with newer optimizations and features.
The eero 5 and 6 will more than likely perform identically if you use it on an older 802.11ac device.
Jun 7, 2013
313 posts
267 upvotes
Mascouche
Bought this for my family at the same prince when COVIDcrap / WFH and school from home has started, let s say about a little over a year ago. Already had a few Google devices too. This thing is awesommme IMO. Super easy to use and rock solid performance for our needs. It s been up and running since day one, not once I had to reboot it or care anymore about performance issues. The whole Google ecosystem is very well integrated too.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1207 posts
2442 upvotes
Canada
As the owner of this product, I would not recommend it. Compared to the features you can get from others that are on the market, you're pretty much buying this for the asthetic, easy setup and the brand name. Functionality wise, this is probably one of the lower end ones (especially in 2021). No Ethernet ports and the coverage is pretty dodgy are the biggest issue for me. I'm way past the return date, but if I had the choice, I'd return it.
Live a little
Jan 27, 2017
204 posts
112 upvotes
Redscott wrote: Google Nest WiFi Router and 2 Points, White AC2200 $380.19 - $25 Coupon = $355.19 reg. $459.99

Basically getting an AP for $5 at this price since MSRP for Router and AP package is $349.99

same $379.99 at most stores but Staples $25 DISCOUNT (code: 81422) off makes it better.
Thanks OP, this is such an excellent deal. I read many reviews online and most of them highly recommend it. It's still a little expensive but you get what you pay for and the Google Nest ecosystem is high end. I previously had a Linksys fairly expensive router and it died within 2 years. Never happened before. Then I started to use the built in router of the ISP modem and it is HORRIBLE!!! Look forward to getting this Google Nest Wi-Fi 3-pack set up.
Jan 27, 2017
204 posts
112 upvotes
Jackji wrote: As the owner of this product, I would not recommend it. Compared to the features you can get from others that are on the market, you're pretty much buying this for the asthetic, easy setup and the brand name. Functionality wise, this is probably one of the lower end ones (especially in 2021). No Ethernet ports and the coverage is pretty dodgy are the biggest issue for me. I'm way past the return date, but if I had the choice, I'd return it.
Did you know that each of the Points acts as a Google Mini Speaker? That's a $70 value right there!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1207 posts
2442 upvotes
Canada
smartcdn2 wrote: Did you know that each of the Points acts as a Google Mini Speaker? That's a $70 value right there!!!
Yes I did, the router itself isn't though which is crazy to me, I wouldn't of mind if the router was a google speaker too, wouldn't of even mind if it was a bigger form factor.
Live a little
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
2969 posts
148 upvotes
is this a true dual band mesh that allows you to choose which device is on which frequency? My current mesh is a concurrent dual band and i think it chooses for you, but looking for an upgrade and one that works well with sonos as i have amps/speakers/soundbars all over my house.
Aug 30, 2020
78 posts
190 upvotes
Get this for $341.99 using Home Depot price match.

Home Depot has this at regular price for $459. The link is here:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/google ... 1001532953

Contact Home Depot to price match Staples/Best Buy for $379.99. They should price match with the additional 10% off which makes it $341.99 - this is better than using the Staples code. You could try to get them to price match the $355.19 with Staples coupon price but that would be hard to do.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3476 posts
2020 upvotes
BCDeal wrote: Get this for $341.99 using Home Depot price match.

Home Depot has this at regular price for $459. The link is here:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/google ... 1001532953

Contact Home Depot to price match Staples/Best Buy for $379.99. They should price match with the additional 10% off which makes it $341.99 - this is better than using the Staples code. You could try to get them to price match the $355.19 with Staples coupon price but that would be hard to do.
good find! Support Homedepot PM policy as they are a dying breed of PM policies.
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Jan 27, 2017
204 posts
112 upvotes
fl4wless wrote: is this a true dual band mesh that allows you to choose which device is on which frequency? My current mesh is a concurrent dual band and i think it chooses for you, but looking for an upgrade and one that works well with sonos as i have amps/speakers/soundbars all over my house.
It is advanced yet simple:
https://support.google.com/googlenest/a ... 1?hl=en-CA
Sep 10, 2012
46 posts
72 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
fl4wless wrote: is this a true dual band mesh that allows you to choose which device is on which frequency? My current mesh is a concurrent dual band and i think it chooses for you, but looking for an upgrade and one that works well with sonos as i have amps/speakers/soundbars all over my house.
Redscott wrote: good find! Support Homedepot PM policy as they are a dying breed of PM policies.
It is a true dual band but google chooses the band for you.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
2969 posts
148 upvotes
dericchan1 wrote: It is a true dual band but google chooses the band for you.
are there any that broadcast on both and let you choose which you connect to?
Nov 25, 2014
414 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For a 1200 sqft condo - what would you peeps suggest? - Eero 5 or Google wifi router or am i better off with the Eero 6? I am hooking up with a Bell 500mbps and want to have same signal strength all over the apartment. It drops when I am far off from the router.