Expired Hot Deals

Staples

Google Pixel 6, 6.4" Unlocked Cell Phone, 128 GB, Stormy Black $698 ($100 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2021 1:25 pm
Penalty Box
Aug 29, 2012
8131 posts
7151 upvotes
Great! Just ordered mine. No more checking out postal codes of Best Buys and Staples, haha.

I like that it has a flat screen and not a curved one. I still don't understand what curved screens are supposed to be for, other than to look good. They're incredibly annoying and serve no practical purpose. It's a pain trying to find and apply a screen protector too, whereas it's very easy on a flat screen. I applied one to my mom's Pixel 6 and it worked great.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
2274 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
SquadG wrote: Thanks! Cancelled my BB in store pickup 50km away and will wait for Amazon to deliver. Easier for returns and maybe an amazing deal (contract) will show up by BF.
How do you cancel the BB order once you receive the pickup notice? Or have to wait three days for it to be cancelled automatically?

Does anyone have any luck with getting Amazon to do price adjustment on previous order that was purchased at $100 more rather than return and purchase again at $100 less?
Sep 5, 2013
142 posts
67 upvotes
Mississauga
derass wrote: Nice price for anyone not looking to get it on discount on a contract. Fido/Koodo/Virgin are offering this for $25x24mo=$600, but the cheapest plans are $50/mo.
Yup - I just can't bring myself to moving up in cost for GB I'll never use.
When my Pixel 3a is no longer updated, I'll deal with a new phone then. (~ May 2022). I bought the phone for under $300 via Koodo but that was a good price then, even under a contract.
Apr 1, 2018
73 posts
48 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Has anybody tried Price Matching on Google store? I want to get other colours not just the stormy black.
Jun 16, 2020
45 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Poutinesauce wrote: Great! Just ordered mine. No more checking out postal codes of Best Buys and Staples, haha.

I like that it has a flat screen and not a curved one. I still don't understand what curved screens are supposed to be for, other than to look good. They're incredibly annoying and serve no practical purpose. It's a pain trying to find and apply a screen protector too, whereas it's very easy on a flat screen. I applied one to my mom's Pixel 6 and it worked great.
Which screen protector did you purchase for your mom's Pixel 6?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
5466 posts
3540 upvotes
DrDeezy wrote: Which screen protector did you purchase for your mom's Pixel 6?
I grabbed the Zagg protector..pretty solid, but pricey. Paired it with my Amex $20 off $50 offer, and essentially got it for $20.

I had one of the ones with the circular selfie cam cutout - I'd avoid any with that since it creates a halo effect around your pics. Otherwise, any of the chinese ones on amazon with decent reviews would be solid
Oct 7, 2007
279 posts
32 upvotes
I currently own a One Plus 5 and it starting to have some issues so i am looking to get a new phone, just wandering what you guys think. Is the Pixel 6 a good upgrade or should I get the One Plus 9
Jan 12, 2012
351 posts
343 upvotes
Calgary
ADay wrote: I currently own a One Plus 5 and it starting to have some issues so i am looking to get a new phone, just wandering what you guys think. Is the Pixel 6 a good upgrade or should I get the One Plus 9
oneplus is eventually going to be absorbed by OPPO.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21475 posts
1583 upvotes
Shanghai, China
ADay wrote: I currently own a One Plus 5 and it starting to have some issues so i am looking to get a new phone, just wandering what you guys think. Is the Pixel 6 a good upgrade or should I get the One Plus 9
calgaryholmes wrote: oneplus is eventually going to be absorbed by OPPO.
I wouldn't even bother with 1+ going forward. Get the Pixel 6. I got one for $700. Fantastic price for a fantastic phone.
Oct 7, 2007
279 posts
32 upvotes
do you feel the pixel 6 pro is worth the cost over Pixel 6, i know my 1+5 only had a small amount of optical zoom but I usually keep the digital zoom turned off because it would get grainy I am worried about the Pixel 6 having no optical zoom
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1287 posts
747 upvotes
Scarborough
ADay wrote: do you feel the pixel 6 pro is worth the cost over Pixel 6, i know my 1+5 only had a small amount of optical zoom but I usually keep the digital zoom turned off because it would get grainy I am worried about the Pixel 6 having no optical zoom
I would dare to say that digital zoom is decent enough on Pixel side. Considering the big price difference (I thing it's over 400$ with Black Friday deal) I would say the regular Pixel will do more than enough for regular user.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
10287 posts
2453 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Out of stock everywhere
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
2274 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
wlee wrote: Out of stock everywhere
I'm wondering if anybody even got one to begin with. Hopefully there will be some stuff soon, but it doesn't look like it's going to be anytime before black Friday.
Jul 5, 2004
84 posts
Ordered from Staples this past Tues morning and Fedex tracking arriving for this Sunday. Once I made the order, it was immediately OOS again.
May 26, 2020
215 posts
107 upvotes
Does anyone know if this ever came back in stock? Sale is done tomorrow.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5335 posts
4514 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Damnit, my I need a new phone pronto and this is OOS everywhere at the $699 price.