190 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Staples] HALF OFF Duracell Rechargeable Batteries and Chargers

70 replies
Jan 26, 2011
303 posts
65 upvotes
Gatineau
I'll grab a few; are these any good? I generally use Eneloop (1900 mAh) and Amazon Basics (2400 mAh) and you say those are 2500 mAh so if they're as good, this is a pretty decent price.
[OP]
Dec 31, 2010
776 posts
190 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ive had the older duracells for like 3 years now (AA= 2000mAh and AAA=800mAh), and they are pretty solid and at least in my experience are much better than rechargeable Energizers which tend to die within a year, seems like a good deal to me
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2662 posts
1393 upvotes
Richmond
I've got lots of these Duracell NiMH batteries. They're ok, as good as any I've had. I recall in the past there was some mention of black top vs. white top being made in Japan or China. Let's see... all my AAAs appear to be white top, and they are Made in Japan, while all my AAs are black top, and they say Made in China.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2345 posts
384 upvotes
Vancouver
It's been awhile since I've bought, but aren't the white tops 'Duraloops'?
Nov 11, 2006
528 posts
49 upvotes
Can use Eneloop chargers with Duracel batteries?
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2662 posts
1393 upvotes
Richmond
Gmax wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 11:34 am
You can use any NiMH charger with any NiMH batteries, except for the super-fast chargers that are meant to work only with special batteries.

You can also use any NiCad trickle charger, but a smart charger meant for use only with NiCad batteries will not sense the correct internal resistance to control automatic shutoff with NiMH batteries.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2581 posts
684 upvotes
Halifax
Gmax wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 11:34 am
Yeah. The eneloop chargers are great. Your battery will likely last a lot longer, because the chargers are low current, and shut off when the voltage is high enough.
May 24, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
These are great batteries ! I use them for batteries in Xbox controllers. Will pick up a bunch for all the other battery operated items in the house (remotes, door locks, etc). I was hoping for a black friday deal and was comparing prices and looking around. Found this post ! Thanks OP !!
May 14, 2001
450 posts
54 upvotes
Thx OP. Picked some up. Nice to have a fast charger when I need some thing faster.
mmmmm BBQ! Chunder Time!
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
2501 posts
15 upvotes
Winnipeg
I need a charger that can do AAA as the one I currently have only does AA. Would the Duracell one be ok, or should I be looking for something better? If so what, and what is a good price. I've got a bunch of the Amazon Basics AAAs that are all in use now so one of these days I'm actually going to need to charge them :).
Scotty is a cheap mofo and loves to get a deal!

HEATWARE
[OP]
Dec 31, 2010
776 posts
190 upvotes
Richmond Hill
scottrempel wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 9:19 pm
I need a charger that can do AAA as the one I currently have only does AA. Would the Duracell one be ok, or should I be looking for something better? If so what, and what is a good price. I've got a bunch of the Amazon Basics AAAs that are all in use now so one of these days I'm actually going to need to charge them :).
the charger in the pic does both AAA and AA (it comes with both batteries afterall)
cheers
Aug 22, 2013
175 posts
29 upvotes
Edmonton
I also use these for my gaming controllers. But for a deal this low I might as well pick up some extras!