Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] HOT!! AOC 23.6" LED LCD VA panel monitor ($99) ($75 with STAPLES Coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2019 3:20 pm
[OP]
Nov 18, 2019
21 posts
45 upvotes

[Staples] HOT!! AOC 23.6" LED LCD VA panel monitor ($99) ($75 with STAPLES Coupon)

VERY HOT. AOC 23.6" LED LCD VA panel monitor for $99 without coupon. Can be combined with the $25 OFF $75 STAPLES coupon to bring it to $75. Coupon Code: 71400

23.6" LED LCD VA panel monitor
1920 x 1080 display resolution
3000:1 contrast ratio
178-degree Horizontal/178-degree Vertical viewing angle
Ports: HDMI, Headphone/Microphone-combo
Dimensions: 16.4" x 21.2" x 7.4", 5.73 lb
3-Year Warranty

Expires Dec 17th

EDIT NOTE:
It is a VA panel, not an IPS panel so the viewing angles may not be as good as advertised. However, this is a great deal for a budget monitor which should have much better colors and contrast than anything at this price.

Also due to its slim nature, it is not VESA mount compatible as noted in the comments.

EDIT 2: Product detail mentioned 50 000:1 and 3000:1 contrast ratio so assume 3000:1
Last edited by Tommytppt on Dec 17th, 2019 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
50 replies
Aug 7, 2019
48 posts
52 upvotes
Any reviews on this? I never heard of the brand.

I bought it anyway, in case it runs out of stock. Can always return later.
Nov 3, 2005
410 posts
658 upvotes
Toronto
I have an AOC monitor from many (at least 6+) years ago and it's still working well. Good deal for the price!
Sep 15, 2019
386 posts
1331 upvotes
High
Got it for the same price on Black Friday. It’s a good monitor
Feb 21, 2013
129 posts
120 upvotes
jchau623 wrote: This is a better deal:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XDY3SJF

$98 gets you IPS, and 75hz refresh rate vs $75 for VA panel and 60hz refresh rate.
Better deal if you game. Think the AOC monitor looks really clean for office use or for the partner that just watches Youtube or uses MS office.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2208 posts
1226 upvotes
Vancouveresque
almasyseifer wrote: I just hope everyone knows this isn't a gaming monitor before buying
Obviously. If it was a gaming monitor, then it'd have RGB.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9018 posts
5465 upvotes
Toronto
Just a PSA the stock photos usually remove the bezel completely, here's the actual bezel - thin but not impossibly so.
Images
  • Screenshot (9).png
Feb 11, 2015
191 posts
246 upvotes
Would recommend against purchasing this. I purchased thinking that it would be a decent monitor for the price but the ghosting, particularly on white backgrounds is bad even with "strong" overdrive. Even after adjusting the colors aren't too great either.
Public mobile $15 + Fido $15 Tablet plan
Zoomer: $36, 4gb data
Dec 15, 2017
601 posts
949 upvotes
Vancouver
HugeDK wrote: Any reviews on this? I never heard of the brand.

I bought it anyway, in case it runs out of stock. Can always return later.
I guess it depends when you got your first computer. It's an old brand that has been around since CRT monitors. I owned many other brands like Viewsonic, NEC, IBM, Daewoo and Daytek as well. Just surprise that AOC is still kicking around though.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12941 posts
2227 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
jchau623 wrote: This is a better deal:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XDY3SJF
$98 gets you IPS, and 75hz refresh rate vs $75 for VA panel and 60hz refresh rate.
Thanks, but I'm looking for a VA panel for movies (better blacks).
Besides, people shouldn't get so ga-ga over IPS. While the best panels are IPS, it doesn't mean that all IPS panels are better than anything else out there (i.e. all IPS panels are not alike).

fubsabob wrote: Would recommend against purchasing this. I purchased thinking that it would be a decent monitor for the price but the ghosting, particularly on white backgrounds is bad even with "strong" overdrive. Even after adjusting the colors aren't too great either.
Do you get ghosting when in Standard Mode, with all the "features" turned off? I thought the manual says that turning Overdrive to high causes ghosting, but the English isn't very good.
"It could be blur image, if user turns on the OverDrive in Strong Level."

Damn, really tempting, as I've been looking for a VA panel, with HDMI and a headphone jack. Not a fan of external PSUs, though.
Sep 17, 2018
97 posts
131 upvotes
ON
Nice find I was hoping to see something worthwhile with this Staples coupon! Will be the third monitor I've bought this week rip, tough decisions ahead but this one beats other prices by a mile.

Other two 24inch I'm comparing is the 2017 $110 LG from amazon on backorder (but the reviews sound bad despite good specs), and another 2019 $150 AOPEN I already got from amazon which has been great but feels a bit over the top