• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2017 9:38 am
[OP]
Apr 22, 2014
102 posts
36 upvotes
ottawa

[Staples] Hot- Malwarebytes Premium 3PC 1 Year -$20

It appears that this is just an older box that comes with a CD but the key works just the same. The newer packaging right next to it retails for $54. The reviews for this product are pretty solid.

Although I didn't bother, you may be able to get it for even less by price matching at BestBuy.
14 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10838 posts
7111 upvotes
Oil Country
You're better off buying the lifetime license version, if you can still find it. There are still a few Canadian sites selling them.
Jan 4, 2014
873 posts
286 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
fudge_u wrote: You're better off buying the lifetime license version, if you can still find it. There are still a few Canadian sites selling them.
Such as?
Penalty Box
Apr 23, 2017
298 posts
184 upvotes
Paying for anti-virus / anti-malware? Cooooold.
Sep 16, 2012
520 posts
358 upvotes
GTA/London
fudge_u wrote: I think that license will work on more than one machine, as long as they're all on the same network.
Can verify that this works on at least 2 of machines.
💳: Scotia Amex Gold + Rogers WE
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1624 posts
629 upvotes
It used to be among the best, now it sucks. Check out recent tests on utube.
Jul 26, 2002
85 posts
39 upvotes
Montreal
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 3 is odd and irritating, with many online complaints from users. Stick with version 2.2.1 (available as "previous" version from FileHippo.com), and DISABLE "Check for program updates" in the Settings (not the same as the DATABASE updates). The biggest difference between the freeware and the licensed versions is the realtime protection. For even better coverage, add their Anti-Ransomware Beta version 0.9.17. Add both these products to your favourite antivirus software (my preference is Avira Free Antivirus) and you'll be well protected.
#!s#!s
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30434 posts
1459 upvotes
Fernando Po
MBs gave my computer BSOD. Used to get it at least once a week with the older version, hourly with the new. Haven't had a single BSOD since I took it off three months ago.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1624 posts
629 upvotes
Zemana and Emsisoft are far superior now.
Jul 21, 2007
125 posts
47 upvotes
Sophos Home is free, better and will protect you from sites that can contain malware.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1993 posts
1433 upvotes
Markham
ahumanbeing wrote: Thanks, I'll check that out! I know malwarebytes is a great tool. Seems like the free version does enough though. Any real reason to get the payed?
I suppose for those who are more hands-off or less technical (to the extent they do not understand how to run file updates or do so under a schedule, let alone run scans), the paid version does more in the background. I use the free version but know how to do needed tasks and practice safe computing. Nothing wrong with the paid or with the people who want it. Heck, even though I know how to take care of my PC, I'd consider a paid version just so that is one less thing I need to think about.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB