Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] HP Envy Photo 7855 Inkjet All-in-One Printer ($55) (instant ink eligible)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2020 7:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9660 posts
62593 upvotes
Ontario

[Staples] HP Envy Photo 7855 Inkjet All-in-One Printer ($55) (instant ink eligible)

This rarely goes on sale. Usually just twice a year.
$80 is the cheapest.

Staples code
$25 off $75 or more
Code: 71400
Expires: 17 Dec 2019
HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer

Inkjet
HP Thermal Inkjet
Black (best): Up to 1200 x 1200
Color (best): Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi color
Up to 15 ppm black
Up to 10 ppm color (duplex), colour, duty cycle up to 1000 pages
1 USB 2.0 client and 1 USB host (for thumbdrive)
1 Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
1 Ethernet
1 RJ-11 (Fax), dual band wifi 2.4/5Ghz, BLE,SD card slot
7.60 x 17.87 x 19.33 in
HP 64 Black Ink Cartridge, HP 64 Tri-color Ink Cartridge, HP 64XL Black Ink Cartridge, HP 64XL Tri-color Ink Cartridge.
1.2 GHz Standard Memory: 256 MB DDR4
Energy Star
Automatic duplex
2.65" (6.75 cm) Capacitive touchscreen color graphics
Flatbed/ADF
Hardware: Up to 1200 dpi
Optical: Up to 1200 dpi
RAW, JPG, PDF
21 replies
Nov 25, 2014
382 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks.. was searching if this was posted. My total came to $62.14. Nice price for a nicely reviewed printer.

SUBTOTAL (1 items) $79.99
DISCOUNTS −$25.00
HST 13% $7.15
SHIPPING $0.00
TOTAL $62.14
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2011
1166 posts
279 upvotes
STOUFFVILLE
Trying to decide if this is good or the OfficeJet 6962 ($50 at staples right now)
Jun 14, 2017
45 posts
11 upvotes
ahhchoo wrote: Trying to decide if this is good or the OfficeJet 6962 ($50 at staples right now)
same here lol.
Officejet 6962 has lower photo printing compare to Envy.
Last edited by max1004 on Dec 13th, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 11, 2018
147 posts
132 upvotes
Thanks OP. Picked one! Is this printer eligible for free ink?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9660 posts
62593 upvotes
Ontario
OfficeJet 6962 is quite old. From 2016
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2702 posts
1706 upvotes
GVRD
Costco is still $129. This is good because it has duplex printing.

Thanks, my laser printer just starting to give me griefs (damn Samsung printers).

EDIT: This printer is not eligible for free 15 pages plan. You may have to call it in to downgrade.
Jun 10, 2017
669 posts
874 upvotes
pkphilip wrote: Costco is still $129. This is good because it has duplex printing.

Thanks, my laser printer just starting to give me griefs (damn Samsung printers).

EDIT: This printer is not eligible for free 15 pages plan. You may have to call it in to downgrade.
Is that possible? To downgrade? I'm looking to get this and I don't print much
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2787 posts
2388 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks, just jump in and ordered one.
Use the $25 off coupon too.
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2787 posts
2388 upvotes
Richmond Hill
pkphilip wrote: Costco is still $129. This is good because it has duplex printing.

really?? HP Instant Ink website don't have this info. I actually call in and he told me all eligible printer can use ANY one of those plan.
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1172 posts
3021 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cheapshopper wrote: really?? HP Instant Ink website don't have this info. I actually call in and he told me all eligible printer can use ANY one of those plan.
They might be giving you the wrong information. You can check if a model if eligible for the free ink plan by starting the process of registering a printer, as soon as you enter the printer model series and go to the next step, it shows that the model isn't eligible for the free plan.

Someone mentioned 6962, but that is quite old now. So I'm not sure I should go for it or not.

I don't print much, so having the free ink plan is vital for me but I also want the newer printer :(
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2702 posts
1706 upvotes
GVRD
Going back to other Instant Ink thread, it seems you can downgrade to free plan by calling in. Worse come to worse just return the printer until Jan 5 or 30 days if you can't enroll.

It is buried in the FAQ, your Instant Ink sub doesn't start until you insert the Instant Ink cartridges. You should be able to print for free on the starter ink included. The exception to this is when you enroll in the trial program, it starts as soon as you enroll. I believe some printers like Costco models comes with a code in the box to activate it.

I think most of us will be utilizing the free plan here, but it seems we will have to call in to activate the free plan as it should be available to everyone. During the setup process, a credit card will be required, since billing doesn't start until the new ink is installed and we should have plenty of time to call HP in India or virtual assistant to get downgraded.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2787 posts
2388 upvotes
Richmond Hill
michelangelo88 wrote: They might be giving you the wrong information. You can check if a model if eligible for the free ink plan by starting the process of registering a printer, as soon as you enter the printer model series and go to the next step, it shows that the model isn't eligible for the free plan.

Someone mentioned 6962, but that is quite old now. So I'm not sure I should go for it or not.

I don't print much, so having the free ink plan is vital for me but I also want the newer printer :(
I call again, they told me just enroll on the $3.99 program and call in to downgrade. they said for some reason the website don't show free plan for some model, and they don;t know why.

Also on this topic, as I am new to this. I should use the starter kit first and not to enroll until I finish it, right?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1024 posts
903 upvotes
Toronto
pkphilip wrote: Going back to other Instant Ink thread, it seems you can downgrade to free plan by calling in. Worse come to worse just return the printer until Jan 5 or 30 days if you can't enroll.

It is buried in the FAQ, your Instant Ink sub doesn't start until you insert the Instant Ink cartridges. You should be able to print for free on the starter ink included. The exception to this is when you enroll in the trial program, it starts as soon as you enroll. I believe some printers like Costco models comes with a code in the box to activate it.

I think most of us will be utilizing the free plan here, but it seems we will have to call in to activate the free plan as it should be available to everyone. During the setup process, a credit card will be required, since billing doesn't start until the new ink is installed and we should have plenty of time to call HP in India or virtual assistant to get downgraded.
The language is there, but be aware that some HP printers come with "HP Instant Ink Ready" cartridges. If you enroll in Instant Ink and install these starter cartridges, your subscription would start right away.
Possibly better to wait it out if you intend on paying for a subscription until 50-75% depletion, and then enroll.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1024 posts
903 upvotes
Toronto
cheapshopper wrote: I call again, they told me just enroll on the $3.99 program and call in to downgrade. they said for some reason the website don't show free plan for some model, and they don;t know why.

Also on this topic, as I am new to this. I should use the starter kit first and not to enroll until I finish it, right?
If you enroll right away, you will immediately be limited by the 15 pages/mo.
If you want more flexibility, wait it out, and enroll later on. There's no penalty for when you enroll :)
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1172 posts
3021 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cheapshopper wrote: I call again, they told me just enroll on the $3.99 program and call in to downgrade. they said for some reason the website don't show free plan for some model, and they don;t know why.

Don't say that! A part of me was happy saving some money :(
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1031 posts
538 upvotes
GTA
pulled the trigger on this one. thanks OP
______________________________________________________________________________________________

cheap phone bill = Public Mobile 13$ + 3GB data only eSIM plan 0$ + Google Pixel 3a XL
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2702 posts
1706 upvotes
GVRD
Wolfdale wrote: The language is there, but be aware that some HP printers come with "HP Instant Ink Ready" cartridges. If you enroll in Instant Ink and install these starter cartridges, your subscription would start right away.
Possibly better to wait it out if you intend on paying for a subscription until 50-75% depletion, and then enroll.
Good point, spec shows it comes with:

HP 64 Setup H Black Instant Ink Ready Cartridges (~230 pages)
HP 64 Setup H Tri-color Instant Ink Ready Cartridges (~145 pages)

Looks like those are full cartridges verses normal startup which is half of that, as long as you don't activate, these are great value. Of course, how much ink is left after the printhead initialization, that's hard to say.
Aug 7, 2005
875 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like the price has gone up now to $149