Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer is only $39.99, if you trade-in an old printer

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2019 10:01 pm
Apr 9, 2019
4 posts
4 upvotes
Not really. I needed a colour printer for my son's assignment and the cheapest one I saw at Staples was 50 bucks. I pick the HP 8710 on Monday and found out that the printer turned out to be cheaper than the paper and card stock he bought. Isn't that a great deal ? Thanks OP. Also I was able to recycle my Epson which was gathering dust.
Feb 6, 2013
616 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
Success!! Just noticed the 8710 was in-stock at my local Staples so I just drove over there. Initially they said they were long gone, I insisted they check their inventory, "oh, we have 6."

Rang in as $69.99, and I actually printed out the picture of the trade-in sign and presented it as a coupon, which they accepted no problem.

AFAIK 5 left at Oakville (North Service Rd. near Dorval Dr.) as of April 10 @ 12:35 PM.

Thanks OP and all posters for the pics and supporting evidence/anecdotes! ☺️

Edit: typos
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by RoseTech on Apr 10th, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 9, 2019
4 posts
4 upvotes
For all you peeps who live in the lower mainland:

The Staples store at 1055 West Georgia will be getting these printers(HP 8710) today (Wednesday) from the ware house. I just checked with the associate. Her name was Clevy. Please call and then order online. Apparently this particular store has a different supply chain management at the warehouse in Burnaby. If approved you will get an email and go to the store to collect.

I picked mine from 1322 West Broadway. I was told that was the last one they had in store.

As for the rebate all Staple stores know about the printer trade in program. Any Printer make and model will do. All the stores I called acknowledged that this promo is in place until end of the month.

Also if you are OK with open box HP 8710 go to Staples at 901 Seymour downtown Vancouver. They will give you further 10% off and also do the printer trade in for you. Spoke to store associate Andy.

Wish you guys all the best ...Cheers.
Feb 6, 2013
616 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
Temporel wrote: (image)
Yeah I know. I wouldn't trust that because it said 3, but their inventory system said 6. I saw it on their antiquated TTY terminal emulator that only supervisors/managers know how to use.

Maybe they have a few reserved for walk-ins or something. I guess it's also possible people reserved online, and they didn't get around to actually setting them on-hold on the inventory system.
Aug 30, 2006
69 posts
42 upvotes
tofubb wrote: Based on others experiences, better to come to Vancouver to do your adjustment. Beside the UBC store, all other stores are familiar with this deal.
I decided to give the other Richmond store (Ackroyd/No. 3) a try last night since it's closer than going to Vancouver and successfully got the price adjusted! No fuss and no questions asked. They spent more time typing in the numbers on the receipt than actually doing the price adjustment (which was done as a return and a new transaction). Smiling Face With Open Mouth
May 14, 2005
478 posts
166 upvotes
Ontario
Oos at the Oakville location when I got there now. Too bad.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3548 posts
4570 upvotes
Montreal
Eli_to_me wrote: Where can I find the expiry date of this promo? It is not in the OP. Thanks

April 30th is clearly visible in the last line of the sign in the image bellow first posted by SavvyShopperCa.

5503939_original.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2717 posts
3003 upvotes
RoseTech wrote: Success!! Just noticed the 8710 was in-stock at my local Staples so I just drove over there. Initially they said they were long gone, I insisted they check their inventory, "oh, we have 6."

Rang in as $69.99, and I actually printed out the picture of the trade-in sign and presented it as a coupon, which they accepted no problem.

AFAIK 5 left at Oakville (North Service Rd. near Dorval Dr.) as of April 10 @ 12:35 PM.

Thanks OP and all posters for the pics and supporting evidence/anecdotes! ☺️

Edit: typos
Can't thank you enough. Based on your note, I called in the same minute I saw what you wrote, and mentioned that my "Colleague" said 5 more left, and they put one aside to me. Had to drive 30 mins to get there. Better than 1 hour I was planning to another city that I already have a pickup ready at :D. If you are ever close to Mississauga, I owe you a cup of coffee/tea.
Items need gone fast:
Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen - SOLD
Amazon Echo Input
Crib White
TV Stand
Jan 28, 2018
931 posts
1448 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ah dammit. They cancelled my reservation. Wth!
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Oct 18, 2011
200 posts
156 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Picked one up at the Oakville location about an hour ago. Lady at the cash couldn't believe it. Rang up to $11.35 tax inc. "They might as well just give these things away", she said.
May 14, 2005
478 posts
166 upvotes
Ontario
PriceHunter wrote: Did I see you there? I was there at 1:45, grabbed one :).
I was there at about 2pm and the lady said its all gone.
Aug 28, 2018
10 posts
4 upvotes
waterloo
just got 8720 in waterloo, although it shows 8710 in stock, but they cancel my online order. i went to in store and rep told me no stock neither,(maybe they hide them lol). But ther are 2 8720 avalible so i end up picking up one.
Feb 25, 2015
811 posts
969 upvotes
NB
frugalfruit wrote: I am curious whether most of the people on this thread are running a business? I had to take a printout only twice in the last year which cost me around $2.50.
Kids. Schoolwork. Work.
"Stuff should not be multiplied without necessity"