Hot Deals

[Staples] HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer is only $39.99, if you trade-in an old printer

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2019 9:44 pm
[OP]
Dec 17, 2009
237 posts
278 upvotes
vancouver
gnewylliw wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 12:25 am
if you disconnect your printer from the internet, it will only print for a while, then it will complain that you haven't uploaded information to the web for a while, and won't work!
Yes, but this is only needed for when you go over your limit in a blue moon.
[OP]
Dec 17, 2009
237 posts
278 upvotes
vancouver
Current promotion for instant ink program is 2 months FREE trial (up to 300 pages), if you enroll to the program no later than 7days after you registered your printer.
If you didn’t get this offer, suggest you call HP.
They may give additional 1 promotional month to the one who called.
Apr 11, 2017
22 posts
4 upvotes
Regarding Instant Ink:
I am not an authority at all, but this is the info copy-pasted from my Instant Ink page, straight from HP.
I purchased the printer (8720), installed the included cartridges, then signed up for Instant Ink ("$3.99 plan for 50 pages a month")
Service Enrolled Date
Mar 31, 2019.
Ink Status
Your service hasn't started yet.

We shipped you ink, however your billing won't begin until you install an HP Instant Ink cartridge. Use your current cartridges until empty, then install the shipped ink.
As I read this, I can print as many pages as I like until the installed cartridges run out, and/or I install the "shipped ink" from the Instant Ink program.
0 of 0 used
Plan Pages
I can assure you I have printed more than 0 pages on the printer so far.
Oct 27, 2017
67 posts
16 upvotes
Weird, why some of us have Instant Ink ready starter cartridges and others do not. Here’s cartridge model number I have

HP 952 INSTANT INK READY Black Officejet Cartridge (L0R37A)
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
4001 posts
1514 upvotes
eelw11 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 8:49 am
Weird, why some of us have Instant Ink ready starter cartridges and others do not. Here’s cartridge model number I have

HP 952 INSTANT INK READY Black Officejet Cartridge (L0R37A)
it's what I have. Pretty sure it doesn't mean it is a full cartridge. All it says is >300 color or >500 for black
Aug 29, 2009
65 posts
29 upvotes
meysamsh wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 11:04 pm
I don't think this is correct based on my talk with Hp representer . Once you join to the ink program, you cannot replace your instant ink with your starter ink. You can use your starter ink once you cancelled you HP instant ink plan.
I joined Instant ink today and they are going to send me instant ink cartridges. In meanwhile, my starter ink counts as instant ink and if i print more that 15 pages, i will be charged.
gnewylliw wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 12:24 am
sooo much misinformation. when you register the printer into Instant Ink, the starter becomes part of it. The starter is Instant Ink "ready".

The very knowledgble rep told me, once you use another cartridge after the setup cartidge, you canNOT go back to using that setup cartidge.

Would be very happy to be proven wrong though!!
YMMV! See my ink status. I've my starter kit installed as well...
Images
  • 2019-04-14_122050.jpg
Last edited by SagaA on Apr 14th, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2341 posts
360 upvotes
GTA
HP instant ink sounds mad complicated......

Tell me there's nothing wrong with just opting out and then purchasing a new ink when i need it $50 for a 3rd party for all 4 colours
FS: Old school Nintendo Consoles
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=675445
FS:Sharp GF-777Z Classic Boombox Retro Ghetto Blaster 80s - the Holy Grail!
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=631904
ACTION 52 Nintendo NES Multi Game (COLLECTORS ITEM)
action-52-nintendo-nes-multi-game-colle ... st13164059
Jun 15, 2004
954 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
aZian_ wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 12:27 pm
HP instant ink sounds mad complicated......

Tell me there's nothing wrong with just opting out and then purchasing a new ink when i need it $50 for a 3rd party for all 4 colours
I'd like to know the answer to this too. I prefer to stick to traditional methods. Aka, once or runs out....I buy a new one at whatever store....

I haven't completely followed but I do not want to have my ink cartridge locked or limited or whatever it is that happens to it...
Aug 29, 2009
65 posts
29 upvotes
gnewylliw wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 12:24 am
sooo much misinformation...

The very knowledgble rep told me, once you use another cartridge after the setup cartidge, you canNOT go back to using that setup cartidge.
I find this instant ink program very confusing too. In contrast, my HP rep told me similar to what was posted there (I didn't know how knowledgeable he was though Winking Face) ... https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Pr ... -p/6901077
Jan 20, 2007
546 posts
347 upvotes
For those still looking to get one in the GTA, just called the store on Markham Rd and they apparently have some 8710 in stock. Store closes at 5 today.
Aug 29, 2009
65 posts
29 upvotes
gnewylliw wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 1:52 pm
this guy has a regular ink cartridge, not the setup cartridge
I wouldn't make a statement based on a guess as the guy didn't specify clearly he had the regular or starter. That's not the point though. The point is, the starter kit in some cases like FritzToch or myself (see our earlier posts), is no different from a regular kit and is not part of the Instant Ink Program. Again, YMMV.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
4001 posts
1514 upvotes
Didn't realize modern HP inkjets just counts pages instead of estimating coverage. I cant even count on this printer to print a whole book in text without flashing empty at me. This thing cant be trusted at all.

Are you guys sure Costco refuses to fill up starter cartridges?
Dec 8, 2008
310 posts
131 upvotes
V-ron wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 1:17 pm
For those still looking to get one in the GTA, just called the store on Markham Rd and they apparently have some 8710 in stock. Store closes at 5 today.
Thanks! I picked one up just before closing. They're still honoring the trade in promo. There was about 6 left when I left the store

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)