Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer is only $39.99, if you trade-in an old printer

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2019 10:01 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
4865 posts
2006 upvotes
eelw11 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 11:36 pm
Nope. No install disks. No full manual.
I kept remembering I saw installation discs, at one point but it was from a youtube unpacking video from a few years back for the same model
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
4865 posts
2006 upvotes
Some hidden menu fun things on this printer:

Pressing the Back button a zillion times brings up some maintenance and info hidden menus.

Other hidden menus:

Last edited by badOne on Apr 18th, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 7, 2012
765 posts
331 upvotes
Looks like bestbuy.ca has the 8710 for $69.97. Can price match that at Staples and trade-in?
Jan 25, 2019
49 posts
28 upvotes
gameon12 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 12:21 am
Looks like bestbuy.ca has the 8710 for $69.97. Can price match that at Staples and trade-in?
Looks like you can't do both..

"All coupons and rebates (including Staples dollars off, gift checks, and mail-in rebates, and instant savings) are deducted from the price of the Staples product when calculating a price match.

When calculating a price match, we’ll deduct any available Staples coupons and/or Staples Rebates (dollars off, instant savings, and mail-in rebate) from the Staples price to arrive at a net price. For example, if you buy an item from us for $200, and there is a $20 instant savings, the net price is $180. If another company’s price is $180 or more, the price match will not be approved as the Staples price is equivalent or better. Another example: If you buy an item from us for $159 and you have a coupon for $25 off a $100 order, as well as a $20 mail-in rebate, the net price is $114. If another company’s price is $110, your price match savings would be $4."

https://www.staples.ca/sbdca/en_CA/cont ... ml#20001_9
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2179 posts
2392 upvotes
tofubb wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 10:41 pm
IMO, if you are not in a hurry to use this printer, the best way is just like what SagaA did, post#707. Called instant ink program before you setup your printer, which you can save your started cartridges for future use.
Start using your printer after you received instant ink cartridges package from HP in 2-3weeks.
You can enjoy the free trial period which you can print 300pages in 2-3months. Then switch to free 15pages/month.
Can I still sign up for the trail after I am done with the startup ink?
Like I'm planning on using the existing ink until it's done -maybe a year from now-, then sign up for instant ink trial.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Oct 27, 2017
279 posts
170 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 6:06 am
Can I still sign up for the trail after I am done with the startup ink?
Like I'm planning on using the existing ink until it's done -maybe a year from now-, then sign up for instant ink trial.
This 2 month trial is specifically stated it’s only eligible 7 days of registering the printer. What exactly does this mean? Strictly when you register with HP? Date of purchase? First turning on and setting up the printer? Really going to be a YMMV. But if one does wait to fully use the starter ink, it’s likely trial period has passed. But this being said, I can see the support agent able to override and offer a free trial.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
4865 posts
2006 upvotes
eelw11 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 9:35 am
This 2 month trial is specifically stated it’s only eligible 7 days of registering the printer. What exactly does this mean? Strictly when you register with HP? Date of purchase? First turning on and setting up the printer? Really going to be a YMMV. But if one does wait to fully use the starter ink, it’s likely trial period has passed. But this being said, I can see the support agent able to override and offer a free trial.
Exactly what it means - register. Simple act of turning on printer doesn't register the printer. You can call up HP and give them serial number to ask if it is registered or not. If it isn't, then you have forever to register printer then get trial of instant ink. Agents also have discretion when giving instant ink trials so chances are good.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2179 posts
2392 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 10:59 am
Exactly what it means - register. Simple act of turning on printer doesn't register the printer. You can call up HP and give them serial number to ask if it is registered or not. If it isn't, then you have forever to register printer then get trial of instant ink. Agents also have discretion when giving instant ink trials so chances are good.
Yeah, I will hold off on getting instant ink trial yet. Not going crazy with printing nowadays.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
May 16, 2010
135 posts
61 upvotes
Vancouver
we have instant ink for the kids and love it.. finally don't have to worry about printing anymore!
Oct 27, 2017
279 posts
170 upvotes
xman111 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 11:11 am
we have instant ink for the kids and love it.. finally don't have to worry about printing anymore!
How long have you subscribed to the plan for?
May 16, 2010
135 posts
61 upvotes
Vancouver
only about 4 months. the first two were free. After that, it's like $5 a month and i get I think 50 pages and a couple month roll over into your bank. When i started it, my printer wasn't printing good, it was either buy a new printer or buy new ink that may not fix the problem. They sent me the XL cartridges and printer started printing perfectly, so it was my old ink cartridges. I am not the regular RFDer and analyze the price per page, the cost of paper over the 10 year life span of the printer, the interest and potential earning the money could have made :) It's $5 a month and makes it easy for the kids and their projects.
Oct 27, 2017
279 posts
170 upvotes
Yeah, $50-55 for a year subscription vs buying retail full set of cartridges around $150. Sure, with a 50 page plan, you may not use all this ink in a year, but the savings is there.
May 16, 2010
135 posts
61 upvotes
Vancouver
they also have a free plan too that you pay per page.. the ink plan may not work for everyone but it works for me and i work in a printshop :) Sometimes having to print bording passess and quick projects is worth the $5 a month when i can't print it at work.
Mar 13, 2005
591 posts
187 upvotes
I googled some instant ink codes and was able to add multiple codes to my II "account" and now have 5 or 6 (can't remember) months free.