Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer is only $39.99, if you trade-in an old printer

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2019 10:01 pm
May 16, 2010
177 posts
80 upvotes
Vancouver
oh really.. so you have an account already and you were able to add free months? what is a II account?
May 16, 2010
177 posts
80 upvotes
Vancouver
duh, thanks! i googled a bit and found some but it looks like you can only add them to a new account, not an existing account.
Apr 11, 2017
23 posts
4 upvotes
I give up, where do you add the promo codes? My II account page has a blank for prepaid codes, and it won't accept promo codes.
Mar 13, 2005
659 posts
257 upvotes
xman111 wrote: oh really.. so you have an account already and you were able to add free months? what is a II account?
No, sorry for the confusion. When I was signing up for our account it let me put in multiple codes.
Apr 11, 2017
23 posts
4 upvotes
Where are people finding current (valid) Instant Ink promo codes? Not somebody's referral codes.
Oct 27, 2017
437 posts
317 upvotes
It's hilarious the complaints people have against this printer on various sites
Don't buy this product. It doesn't come with the special phone cord that makes it possible to fax. And I can't find this special cord anywhere.
Like, HUH?????????

And the complaints on that it was difficult to setup. This by far has been the easiest AIO Wifi capable I've used
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5582 posts
2332 upvotes
Ya on staples one guy said he had to manually turn the page over to print on the other side. Talk about user error.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3558 posts
834 upvotes
Word on the street is if you add codes for free months, you can no longer go back to the free 15 page / month free plan. Can anyone cofirm or deny this?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1039 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
Is anyone able to compile a quick summary of this instant ink program and sorta what the strategic decision is based on?

If I just wanted to simply use the printer.....and run the ink down till it's empty ... This will work naturally?

This instant ink program doesn't appear to have any advantages for me (although all this talk confuses me if it is beneficial or not)...and I don't want to randomly run out of ink or get charged a subscription.
Apr 11, 2017
23 posts
4 upvotes
kid_icarus wrote: If I just wanted to simply use the printer.....and run the ink down till it's empty ... This will work naturally?
You aren't forced to use Instant Ink in any way. The printer comes with ink, albeit less-than-full "starter" cartridges, and you can replace them with standard cartridges when they run out. There's even a chance that the printer will work with non-HP and refilled ink as well.
Oct 27, 2017
437 posts
317 upvotes
Well without breaking down the numbers to calculate the costs, this program should technically be cheaper. Since we are getting the ink from HP directly, they are cutting the costs of purchasing retail. But will this end up working out to be cheaper than refilling the cartridges yourself, probably not.

But for the many of us in this topic that got the 8710 for $10!!!! and then to call in to get the free 15 page a month plan, it’s a no brainer. Since program is by page, doesn’t matter if page of a single black . or full colour photo page, considered the same usage.

But each of us has to consider our own usage pattern and compare this monthly fee if you print more than 15 pages a month to cost of purchasing outright ($50ish for black XL, $40ish per colour XL) to refilling at a store ($20/$15) vs refilling your self.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
3472 posts
1202 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
There was a thread/deal last June for the HP 4520. Picked one up for about $36, thinking that it was a great deal (with free 15 page instant ink). This deal for the 8710 for as low as $10 is even better - almost like getting the printer for free (which is the way it should be - they make $$$ on the ink :facepalm: ). Currently setup with the free 2 months option. Hope to switch to the free 15 page plan as I don't need to print lots of colour... if I did print more, I'd probably go for the $3.99 / 50 page plan. Figure that for about $48 per year, it would be worthwhile vs buying individual cartridges/refills. That's just my 2 cents...

Thanks OP for a great deal! Thumbs Up Sign Happy Easter all... Rabbit Face
I can't afford to save that much!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5582 posts
2332 upvotes
How does this printer fare in comparison to other business-class nkjets for text quality, then picture/photo quality?