• Aug 3rd, 2020 5:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1941 posts
662 upvotes
Scarborough

[Staples] Humanscale chairs and accessories 20% OFF

20% off Humanscale chairs and accessories at Staples.

Have sat on Humanscale chairs in the past and they're just as good as Herman Miller and Steelcase.
In particular the Freedom Headrest and Liberty Task chair were very nice.

Keep in mind they're made to have limited adjustment options

adfs.JPG
201 replies
Aug 31, 2014
523 posts
874 upvotes
ontario
Currently sitting on the Smart chair, can confirm its very comfortable for extended periods of time, gaming or working.
Nov 5, 2014
244 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Holy, those prices though!! Not for the weak at heart..or bank account
Aug 31, 2014
523 posts
874 upvotes
ontario
jm0287 wrote: Holy, those prices though!! Not for the weak at heart..or bank account
Same tier as Herman Miller/Steelcase/Teknion, you get what you pay for since the chairs are covered under a 15yr warranty.
Nov 5, 2014
244 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Growingupisold wrote: Same tier as Herman Miller/Steelcase/Teknion, you get what you pay for since the chairs are covered under a 15yr warranty.
That's a really good selling point. Hopefully they're warranty allows for easy replacement
Feb 3, 2008
579 posts
99 upvotes
GTA
Anybody have experience with their keyboard trays? Worth the 4x premium on your generic ones?
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.

Ebay 71-0
Heatware 3-0 FS
Oct 29, 2019
200 posts
199 upvotes
I have their m2 monitor arm - night and day difference compared to my prime cables gas tension arm. I was lucky to get it lnib from Kijiji for $44, but at over $100 I’d say it’s still worth it. It’s holding my 38” lg curve without issues.

Since then I also got their CPU600 CPU under desk mount to attach to the standing desk.

I can vouch for them quality of their stuff as well.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4060 posts
1313 upvotes
WFH
yyzthe6 wrote: I have their m2 monitor arm - night and day difference compared to my prime cables gas tension arm. I was lucky to get it lnib from Kijiji for $44, but at over $100 I’d say it’s still worth it. It’s holding my 38” lg curve without issues.

Since then I also got their CPU600 CPU under desk mount to attach to the standing desk.

I can vouch for them quality of their stuff as well.
But it looks like their monitor arms are almost 3x that price. I totally get the comfort aspect and being able to sit for long periods which is why I paid $$$ for an Aeron but I rarely adjust my monitors so a $60 dual arm from Amazon is a luxury over the basic stands that came with my monitors.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2968 posts
1525 upvotes
Toronto
Some of the banks/large canadian corps have discounts either directly through the manufacturer or through staples that may be worth looking at. Check your intranet site - I got some Haworth chairs 50% off at a previous employer.
Nov 8, 2005
518 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
I don't have much experience with this brand but are they really comparable to Herman Millan given their price point?
Nov 24, 2008
16 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Using a herman miller right now. To be honest, I would rather have an Aeron that is used and in good condition over many new office chairs. Wish I got one earlier in life but damn they are good investments.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1941 posts
662 upvotes
Scarborough
ahson wrote: I don't have much experience with this brand but are they really comparable to Herman Millan given their price point?
At my old job i sat in the Humanscale Freedom and Liberty for 4 years and at home i have Herman Miller Embody, Steelcase Leap V2, and Steelcase Leap Worklounge.

Personally I think Humanscale is at the same level as Herman Miller or Steelcase but not as popular.

One of Humanscale's key selling points for their chairs is the moment you unload it, it's ready to go right away with little to no adjustments needed.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1941 posts
662 upvotes
Scarborough
dirtmover wrote: But it looks like their monitor arms are almost 3x that price. I totally get the comfort aspect and being able to sit for long periods which is why I paid $$$ for an Aeron but I rarely adjust my monitors so a $60 dual arm from Amazon is a luxury over the basic stands that came with my monitors.
Have the m2 monitor arm at work and POI business interiors gave me a free Steelcase FYI Dual monitor arm...these things are built like tanks.

Prior to that, i had the Ergotron LX monitor arm for about 10 years. I've also helped my buddy setup his Amazon monitor arm...which was trash lol.

If the Humanscale, Herman Miller, or Steelcase arms are a bit out of your price point....i'd suggest looking into Ergotron.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4060 posts
1313 upvotes
WFH
jono454 wrote: Have the m2 monitor arm at work and POI business interiors gave me a free Steelcase FYI Dual monitor arm...these things are built like tanks.

Prior to that, i had the Ergotron LX monitor arm for about 10 years. I've also helped my buddy setup his Amazon monitor arm...which was trash lol.

If the Humanscale, Herman Miller, or Steelcase arms are a bit out of your price point....i'd suggest looking into Ergotron.
Not sure what makes a monitor arm trash? Mine holds my monitors in the position I set them in. What more can you ask for?

I guess if you're desk sharing and adjusting every day a premium mount is probably smoother and easier to adjust but for someone that tweaks the positions occasionally I just can't relate to the price.

I've got a couple a flo monitors arms at work which I hardly ever adjust and the tilt on them is horrible. God knows how much they cost? A complete waste of money!
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
1630 posts
3613 upvotes
Perfect, human scale... at just the scale i like my chairs. Odd name.