Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Staples Hyken Mesh Chair - 50% off!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2019 1:37 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2013
1273 posts
900 upvotes
Phat_cow wrote: I like mesh better since I don't have to worry about the cushions wearing out...
I would be concerned about the mesh wearing out.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1961 posts
1406 upvotes
Toronto
SkimGuy wrote: I'm torn between the Markus chair and the Staples one. Would you recommend it over the Hyken for a 6'2 person?
6'2 I'd go with the Ikea Markus. But I'd definitely recommend going to both staples and Ikea and sitting in them before you make your final decision.
Jan 24, 2008
459 posts
31 upvotes
Edmonton
If anyone has something greater than $10 off 100, like the $15 off 150, or $20 off 150, can you pm me? Thanks!
Mar 16, 2018
740 posts
840 upvotes
Hamilton
SkimGuy wrote: I'm torn between the Markus chair and the Staples one. Would you recommend it over the Hyken for a 6'2 person?
You should definitely try both. I've had a Markus for a year and I found that I tend to slouch in it and the tilt mechanism often stops working. Adjustable arms on the Hyken is a huge win; I haven't bought it but I found it very comfortable in the store.
Jan 3, 2013
503 posts
282 upvotes
Raincouver
rays101 wrote: Just got the chair and assembled. Agree with above posters re: headrest. I'm not that tall but headrest hits my shoulder so I will be removing the headrest. The headrest is not adjustable up or down, just angles a bit.

Otherwise good chair for the price.
Yes it is. I thought it wasn't also but it is if you look close and lift it up it will move.
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
Fido Tablet plan $15/month Free for a year
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Jan 3, 2013
503 posts
282 upvotes
Raincouver
$15 off $150 coupon code expires at the end of today:

Please quote this post if you use it.
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
Fido Tablet plan $15/month Free for a year
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Nov 25, 2007
273 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
I picked one up on Sunday. The chair is alright for this price, but it's not as solid as the ones sold in Costco. It feels very comfortable, and both me (5'7") and my wife (5'1") like it better than the Costco chair that we have. The Costco chair has better quality, but it's too big for us. The headrest is "OK", but it's almost hitting my shoulder, and I wouldn't recommend the Staples Hyken Mesh Chair if you're big/tall.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5984 posts
1800 upvotes
Scarborough
BengaliPrince wrote: 6'2 I'd go with the Ikea Markus. But I'd definitely recommend going to both staples and Ikea and sitting in them before you make your final decision.
Thanks, I will have to try them out.
Aug 19, 2004
883 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
The chair is OK. Bought it. I'm 5'4; 145 lb and the headrest is still awful for me. pushes the head way forward.

Ended up removing the headrest.

I don't use the arm rests either so... It's a fine task chair

I hope the mesh holds up

Thx to OP. I think the chair seems over-rated but maybe I just have high expectations for a $280 MSRP chair.

redflagdealsguy wrote: I just tried the Hyken in-store, at 184cm, the chair felt great. I'm loving it for the price.

Here's the caveat:
- Mod the headrest, or;
- Remove the headrest

The chair is otherwise excellent for me, love the aeration. Manspreading Is no problem with the adjustable arm rests.

Should anyone not get this? If you're severely obese, possibly 350 to 400lbs, it may be a tight fit. I'm 235.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17172 posts
19123 upvotes
Simo wrote: Anyone have the Moustache Ergonomic chair from 123ink.ca ? Seems to be pretty much the same chair but with a padded seat for 109.99. Wondering if they are comparable.

https://www.123ink.ca/p-358387-mofc-hlc ... #sku367223
Padded seating is a deal killer. The heat insulation factor is a big downside, as is the lack of airflow.
Apr 14, 2006
801 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Padded seating is a deal killer. The heat insulation factor is a big downside, as is the lack of airflow.

Iight cool, thx
Sep 5, 2011
624 posts
137 upvotes
NL
The real mvp is whoever suggested those gel pad seat covers on sale at Canadian Tire.

I popped one onto my old chair whose only issue was a terrible seat cushion and I'm back in business