Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Staples Hyken Mesh Chair - 50% off!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2019 1:37 pm
Mar 11, 2007
218 posts
1 upvote
North York
Received the chair today. Very comfortable indeed :D
Having an issue with the gas lift. Once the seat height is lowered, it doesn't come back up when the lever is pressed even without any weight on the seat. I have to set the chair sideways and then press the height adjustment lever for the seat to come back to its normal height. Think I received a bad gas lift.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16983 posts
18879 upvotes
BlackFalcon wrote: Received the chair today. Very comfortable indeed :D
Having an issue with the gas lift. Once the seat height is lowered, it doesn't come back up when the lever is pressed even without any weight on the seat. I have to set the chair sideways and then press the height adjustment lever for the seat to come back to its normal height. Think I received a bad gas lift.
Swap it out, it's an excellent chair, there's a dud here and there.
Mar 11, 2007
218 posts
1 upvote
North York
redflagdealsguy wrote: Swap it out, it's an excellent chair, there's a dud here and there.
"I am sorry that your chair is defective. Currently we are unable to
place an exchange on the order as the item 990119 is out of stock."

Placed the return and exchange order last night when the chair was in stock. :rolleyes:
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16983 posts
18879 upvotes
BlackFalcon wrote: "I am sorry that your chair is defective. Currently we are unable to
place an exchange on the order as the item 990119 is out of stock."

Placed the return and exchange order last night when the chair was in stock. :rolleyes:
You'll have to be patient unfortunately, there was a last minute run on the chairs.
Aug 23, 2012
16 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa
Hate to bump an old thread but tried this out at Staples yesterday and it fit great (even the headrest that is commonly reported as a problem, although I'm wondering if it can be assembled without it). The only issue is I came back and find I missed 50% off on it. Anyone know the likelihood of another deal on this? Or an alternative if I liked this one? I tried the Ikea Markus at the store and found it too tall for my height (5'8").
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16983 posts
18879 upvotes
Atlas77 wrote: Hate to bump an old thread but tried this out at Staples yesterday and it fit great (even the headrest that is commonly reported as a problem, although I'm wondering if it can be assembled without it). The only issue is I came back and find I missed 50% off on it. Anyone know the likelihood of another deal on this? Or an alternative if I liked this one? I tried the Ikea Markus at the store and found it too tall for my height (5'8").
I'm sitting in the chair right now with a Canadian Tire gel seat cushion on top. Still loving this chair.

Recommend you wait for a good sale, current prices are way too high.
Dec 10, 2014
786 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm thinking of selling mine that I got. I don't know if it's just because my ass is too big, but this chair has the curved up sides on the seat, that are hard plastic instead of an actual cushion like normal chairs. It's pushing on the sides of my buttocks which is giving me sciatica-like numbness. Really sucks because I like everything else about the chair.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16983 posts
18879 upvotes
McGarnagle wrote: I'm thinking of selling mine that I got. I don't know if it's just because my ass is too big, but this chair has the curved up sides on the seat, that are hard plastic instead of an actual cushion like normal chairs. It's pushing on the sides of my buttocks which is giving me sciatica-like numbness. Really sucks because I like everything else about the chair.
For $14.99, this guy solved my problem (minor as it was). It's been posted multiple times in this thread.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/gel-s ... 1419p.html
Apr 21, 2018
111 posts
34 upvotes
Just tried this chair. I am 5"10 and the head rest annoyed the crap out of my shoulders.

A friend shared a way to get a few more inches in height:
https://imgur.com/gallery/XwE7F
Staples Hyken Mesh chair - Headrest Mod by /u/SomeTechNoob

May have been posted before (I only saw those that removed it).

See images for the headrest
Images
  • IMG_20191031_130806.jpg