Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Staples Hyken Mesh Task Chair 50% off + coupon stacking

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2018 4:52 pm
Nov 23, 2016
347 posts
554 upvotes

[Staples] Staples Hyken Mesh Task Chair 50% off + coupon stacking

You can stack staples coupons instore but not online. As the long as the new total meets the minimum purchase price before tax for the next coupon then the stack should work. Example:

1. Add item to bring to $200 - Use $20 off $200
2. New total = $180ish
3. Use $15 off $150
4. New total $165ish
5. Use $10 off $100 welcome coupon
6. New total $155ish.

I found a $20 off $200 that worked for me using google. The forum won't let me name the site. As for the $15 off $150 anyone who subscribes to staples emails should have one sent from them this morning. Finally for the welcome coupon you can sign up using a throw away email. I ended up getting the chair + 36x48 $33 chair mat for $211 takes in by stacking $20 off $200 and $15 off $150. I forgot to snag the welcome coupon but figured I would share.

Edit:

Changed the original post to reflect current pricing. Original post was for $184 but the thread was being used for new pricing so updated.
Last edited by arkhira on Aug 1st, 2018 9:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
39 replies
Jun 3, 2007
556 posts
909 upvotes
Scarborough
I'm not able to stack coupons. I tried applying the $15 off $150 and the welcome email coupon and it blocked the welcome coupon with the message "Coupon couldn't be applied: You already have a better coupon applied to your cart"

Anyone else facing this issue? I need a new chair and wanted to get this.
Nov 23, 2016
347 posts
554 upvotes
Tommyknocker wrote: I'm not able to stack coupons. I tried applying the $15 off $150 and the welcome email coupon and it blocked the welcome coupon with the message "Coupon couldn't be applied: You already have a better coupon applied to your cart"

Anyone else facing this issue? I need a new chair and wanted to get this.
As I mentioned the stacking will not work online. Only works instore. I faced the same issue so I made the trip into the store.
Jun 3, 2007
556 posts
909 upvotes
Scarborough
arkhira wrote: As I mentioned the stacking will not work online. Only works instore. I faced the same issue so I made the trip into the store.
Totally missed that line. Thanks.

Edit: Wonder if its YMMV, because the coupon details state "May not be combined with any other coupon"
Nov 23, 2016
347 posts
554 upvotes
Tommyknocker wrote: Totally missed that line. Thanks.

Edit: Wonder if its YMMV, because the coupon details state "May not be combined with any other coupon"
It might be? This is the second time in a year I have been able to stack coupons at my local staples. So I have good success. If anyone has had bad experience with this instore then it may not change. However $184.82 - $15 is still not a bad price for the chair. Its about $25 over the lowest price I have seen for it.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1764 posts
349 upvotes
Vancouver
I wonder between these and some of the 'gaming chairs' at around this price range, which would be a better (durability and comfort wise) of the two?
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
This or the IKEA Markus for a tall person? Which of the 2 has the highest back?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2508 posts
1109 upvotes
Scarborough
Daijoubu wrote: This or the IKEA Markus for a tall person? Which of the 2 has the highest back?
Get the Markus if you're tall

artofwar wrote: I wonder between these and some of the 'gaming chairs' at around this price range, which would be a better (durability and comfort wise) of the two?
This would last longer than gaming chairs at this price point, the bonded leather would peel/flake off with in a year.
Tangerine
Simplii
Freedom Mobile
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
Was eyeing this last week and wondering when it would go on sale again, what an odd coincidence... although based on previous threads, it goes on sale quite often up to 50%. I sweat a lot sitting down so I prefer the mesh over extra comfort.

Thanks for the find!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5709 posts
2278 upvotes
Had this for a month with the previous sale for ~$120. Didn't like it at all. Do yourselves a favour and try it in-store before you buy it, don't blindly trust reviews...what's comfortable is very subjective and depends on the individual. I returned mine for a full refund.
Journie: Use my promo code JR-ColinTOUM during registration, and you’ll automatically save 2¢/ L on your next fill-up. (Full disclosure: Once you do, I get a discount, too!)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
Gentlemen, this deal is partially back.

The Staples Hyken Chair of fame earlier this summer, is on deep discount again.

https://www.staples.ca/en/Staples-Hyken ... CA_1_20001
Sit in cool comfort throughout your workday with this Staples Hyken Technical Mesh Task Chair.
  • Silver Technical Mesh upholstery
  • T-arms adjust for ergonomic positioning
  • Pneumatic Seat Height Adjustment
  • Adjustable lumbar support
  • Center tilt with adjustable tilt tension and lock
  • 5-star base with carpet casters
  • Weight rated up to 250 lbs based on 5-10 hours of use
  • Chair 45 1/8" - 49" H x 27 3/8" W x 27 5/8" D ; Seat Size 18 1/2" - 22 3/8" H x17 3/8"Wx 17"D; Back Size 22 3/8"H x 19 5/8"W
  • Meets or exceeds all ANSI/BIFMA standards
  • 7-year mfr. Limited warranty
  • Assembly required
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
Pants536 wrote: From the last time this was posted, a mod to make the headrest higher:

https://imgur.com/gallery/XwE7F
Folks over 5'11" take note. Two options.

1) Mod the headrest.
2) Don't install it.

I'm 6'2" and I have taken both options, one for each chair I have. I have a third chair at home with a mod as well.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1095 posts
623 upvotes
What has been the lowest price on this?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
shahram0 wrote: What has been the lowest price on this?
$144 ish.

Once or twice a year sale.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
shahram0 wrote: What has been the lowest price on this?
144 - $15 coupon around $130, but you need $5 fillers to get to min $150
Mar 22, 2010
44 posts
10 upvotes
Ottawa
Chair is awesome. I'm around 5'9 and the headrest is fine for me.

Best part about the chair is that your farts go right through it because it's a mesh material!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
Staples sales seems to think this will go on sale again for Back to School.

I take that as speculation, but I consider this price pretty good, within earshot of the best price.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)