Expired Hot Deals

Staples

iPad Air 3, Wi-Fi + Cellular, 64 GB, $575 after code

  • Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2021 4:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1251 posts
5268 upvotes

[Staples] iPad Air 3, Wi-Fi + Cellular, 64 GB, $575 after code

iPad Air 3, Wi-Fi + Cellular, 64 GB, $575 after code 81422

https://www.staples.ca/products/2941659 ... -12-silver

The cellular function probably is not useful for most people. For those need/want an iPad with cellular, this might be a good deal.
34 replies
Jr. Member
Jan 4, 2018
118 posts
546 upvotes
Thanks Thumbs Up Sign. I got the wifi Ipad air 3 already.
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1251 posts
5268 upvotes
RFDSimple wrote: Thanks Thumbs Up Sign. I got the wifi Ipad air 3 already.
The wifi iPad air 3 is sold out at Staples.

I don't think there are many people need cellular iPad. But if you do, this is a iPad deal with $245 discount.

For comparison, the iPad Gen 8 with 32GB and cellular is selling at Apple Education Store for $570. With this Air 3, for the same price you get double amount of storage and much better display and front camera.
Sr. Member
Nov 28, 2019
603 posts
279 upvotes
qfli78 wrote: The wifi iPad air 3 is sold out at Staples.

I don't think there are many people need cellular iPad. But if you do, this is a iPad deal with $245 discount.

For comparison, the iPad Gen 8 with 32GB and cellular is selling at Apple Education Store for $570. With this Air 3, you get double storage and much better display and front camera.
So this Ipad Air is better than the iPad Gen 8? My mom needs a new computer, we decided a laptop is overkill for her and tablet would be better. I am thinking of the either ipad 8gen or possibly Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 lite as she aslready has an android phone so it will be very similar (plus I am not crazy about apple stuff) but still not sure what the price is on it.

She of course is considered a light user, wants to watch youtube , surf the net and send some emails. Maybe take a picture here and there
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1251 posts
5268 upvotes
jimbob12341 wrote: So this Ipad Air is better than the iPad Gen 8? My mom needs a new computer, we decided a laptop is overkill for her and tablet would be better. I am thinking of the either ipad 8gen or possibly Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 lite as she aslready has an android phone so it will be very similar (plus I am not crazy about apple stuff) but still not sure what the price is on it.

She of course is considered a light user, wants to watch youtube , surf the net and send some emails. Maybe take a picture here and there
My comments are conditional on the need for cellular. I don't think in your case there is a such a need. iPad Gen 8 wifi only should be good for your use case.

iPad Gen 8 wifi with 32GB is selling for $399 at Apple Education store.
Sr. Member
Nov 28, 2019
603 posts
279 upvotes
qfli78 wrote: My comments are conditional on the need for cellular. I don't think in your case there is a such a need. iPad Gen 8 wifi only should be good for your use case.

iPad Gen 8 wifi with 32GB is selling for $399 at Apple Education store.
Ah, ok. Yeah I think iPad Gen 8 would be good enough as well. Like I said though still waiting to see what Samsung comes out with.

I am not in school so I don't think I can get it at that price.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1251 posts
5268 upvotes
jimbob12341 wrote: Oh cool, is this now the regular price or some sort of sale price? I would like to see the Samsung S7 FE (apparently not called lite anymore) before getting this one.
This is regular educational price.
Newbie
Dec 1, 2019
43 posts
65 upvotes
Victoria, BC
jimbob12341 wrote: Oh cool, is this now the regular price or some sort of sale price? I would like to see the Samsung S7 FE (apparently not called lite anymore) before getting this one.
I would strongly advise against getting any non-Apple tablets. I'm not saying that because I am a fanboy but because reviews online show that Apple dominates the tablet market for a good reason. I'm still using my iPad Air 2 which came out in 2014, and it's still relatively fast. I'm 100% confident any samsung tablet that's 7 years old would have long stopped receiving security updates, and probably won't run a good number of apps, if it still works at all.

Apple tablets are user friendly and fast, have access to a wide selection of tablet-optimized apps, and are supported with security and feature updates for a loooooong time. And their newer chipsets like the A12 in this iPad Air 3 are faster than some laptops, so it'll be supported for probably even longer. My newer iPad Air 3 shows no sign of its age. If you can spring for this price, get this iPad Air 3. Otherwise, get the iPad 8. You'll lose out on:
  • fully-laminated display which improves colour accuracy and brightness, and makes your touch on the screen feel like you're touching the pixels
  • P3 (wider colour)
  • True Tone (more pleasing white balance on the display)
  • anti-reflective (lowest in the industry)
  • faster touch ID
  • better front camera (7 MP vs 1.2 MP)
Newbie
Dec 1, 2019
43 posts
65 upvotes
Victoria, BC
A lot of Android tablets lose out on security and feature updates within a year of release. You can look it up. Apple supports devices much longer.

Apple supports better accessibility options too which benefits everyone.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2429 posts
1093 upvotes
thanks OP.

upgrading from a first gen ipad pro. I have the smart keyboard + 1st gen pencil and this ipad air 3 maintains compatibilty without losing on anything aside from quad speakers and a bit of cash.
Sr. Member
Oct 21, 2005
738 posts
648 upvotes
applerobbie wrote: access to a wide selection of tablet-optimized apps
This is really all that matters. It's so important. I made the mistake of going with a better spec'd Samsung tablet a couple years ago and despite the amazing display and capable processor, there's just not much to do on it other than YouTube and using as a baby monitor. The apps for it are so garbage and the touch sensor is glitchy. Developers don't bother optimizing anything for Android tablets, even popular Samsung ones.
Sr. Member
Nov 28, 2019
603 posts
279 upvotes
applerobbie wrote: I would strongly advise against getting any non-Apple tablets. I'm not saying that because I am a fanboy but because reviews online show that Apple dominates the tablet market for a good reason. I'm still using my iPad Air 2 which came out in 2014, and it's still relatively fast. I'm 100% confident any samsung tablet that's 7 years old would have long stopped receiving security updates, and probably won't run a good number of apps, if it still works at all.

Apple tablets are user friendly and fast, have access to a wide selection of tablet-optimized apps, and are supported with security and feature updates for a loooooong time. And their newer chipsets like the A12 in this iPad Air 3 are faster than some laptops, so it'll be supported for probably even longer. My newer iPad Air 3 shows no sign of its age. If you can spring for this price, get this iPad Air 3. Otherwise, get the iPad 8. You'll lose out on:
  • fully-laminated display which improves colour accuracy and brightness, and makes your touch on the screen feel like you're touching the pixels
  • P3 (wider colour)
  • True Tone (more pleasing white balance on the display)
  • anti-reflective (lowest in the industry)
  • faster touch ID
  • better front camera (7 MP vs 1.2 MP)
A store near by me (20min drive) had one wifi only version for $499 (last one) plus the $25 off. I panic bought it Smiling Face With Open Mouth. I think for $100 more the features you said make it worth it especially if it means she can have it for longer.

Now have to wait for pickup order is confirmed and hopefully they don't email me and say it is not in stock....

Also anyone know if the return policy is 14 days from pickup or my order date here?

Also is the 8gen ipad newer than the ipad air 3?
Newbie
Dec 1, 2019
43 posts
65 upvotes
Victoria, BC
jimbob12341 wrote:
Also is the 8gen ipad newer than the ipad air 3?
Nice, hope you like it!

8th gen is newer but is lower tier, so the quality isn’t as good. The chipsets are the same though. It’s like the iPhone SE is “newer” than some iPhones, but because it’s a budget model, it doesn’t have the same specs or features
Sr. Member
Nov 28, 2019
603 posts
279 upvotes
applerobbie wrote: Nice, hope you like it!

8th gen is newer but is lower tier, so the quality isn’t as good. The chipsets are the same though. It’s like the iPhone SE is “newer” than some iPhones, but because it’s a budget model, it doesn’t have the same specs or features
I hope my mom likes it, have not even told her. Hope it is in her price range lol.

I see makes sense.

I guess these ones are crap? : https://www.staples.ca/products/2727484 ... space-grey
Sr. Member
Sep 3, 2009
772 posts
452 upvotes
Calgary
jimbob12341 wrote: I hope my mom likes it, have not even told her. Hope it is in her price range lol.

I see makes sense.

I guess these ones are crap? : https://www.staples.ca/products/2727484 ... space-grey
No iPads are crap, even the older models are very decent, if you can find stock for $230, it's actually a sweet deal. A10 is plenty powerful for most users.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19869 posts
6043 upvotes
Toronto
applerobbie wrote: I would strongly advise against getting any non-Apple tablets. I'm not saying that because I am a fanboy but because reviews online show that Apple dominates the tablet market for a good reason. I'm still using my iPad Air 2 which came out in 2014, and it's still relatively fast. I'm 100% confident any samsung tablet that's 7 years old would have long stopped receiving security updates, and probably won't run a good number of apps, if it still works at all.

Apple tablets are user friendly and fast, have access to a wide selection of tablet-optimized apps, and are supported with security and feature updates for a loooooong time. And their newer chipsets like the A12 in this iPad Air 3 are faster than some laptops, so it'll be supported for probably even longer. My newer iPad Air 3 shows no sign of its age. If you can spring for this price, get this iPad Air 3. Otherwise, get the iPad 8. You'll lose out on:
  • fully-laminated display which improves colour accuracy and brightness, and makes your touch on the screen feel like you're touching the pixels
  • P3 (wider colour)
  • True Tone (more pleasing white balance on the display)
  • anti-reflective (lowest in the industry)
  • faster touch ID
  • better front camera (7 MP vs 1.2 MP)
We have the iPad 7 and iPad Air 2.

The iPad Air 2 is still doing quite well for its age, but I would take the iPad 8 over the iPad Air 2. The iPad Air 2 is starting to lag probably due to is lower RAM, and the lack of hardware HEVC decode ability can be annoying.

The iPad Air 3 is a very decent machine although in 2021, if you're going to jump up beyond the iPad 8, I'd seriously consider the iPad Air 4.
Last edited by EugW on May 20th, 2021 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 24, 2014
184 posts
114 upvotes
jimbob12341 wrote: What is the model number for this? https://www.staples.ca/products/2941144 ... -12-silver

I like this case but want to check to make sure it will fit: https://www.amazon.ca/Generation-Keyboa ... r=8-5&th=1
Model: MUUK2VC/A

It displays underneath the "Ways to get your order" section.
"In films when they are holding on for their lives, if you can't do a pull up you will probably die."
"Mufasa skipped back day, and so Simba lost his daddy. Do pullups or Scar will kill you and take your pride!"

Top