• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2022 6:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2666 posts
3513 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Staples] JBL LINKVIEW SMART DISPLAY - GOOGLE ASSISTANT - CLEARANCE - YMMV - $99.97

Only available for in-store pickup, but there are quite a few stores that have 1-3 in-stock.

Yes, the Google Home/Nest Hub is cheaper, but when the JBL link view was released it was $350+.

I've had the JBL for over 2yrs now as well as 2 Nest Hubs and 2 Lenovo Smart Clocks, it's been great, better sound quality than the Home/Nest Hub is that's for sure.

Get help from your Google Assistant. Ask it question, tell it to do things, control your music, lights, queries and much more with a simple voice control.

8” high-definition touch screen
Chromecast Built-in
Wireless Bluetooth Streaming
5MP Front Facing Camera
PrivacySwitch - Camera Shutter and Microphone Mute Switch
Splash Proof and Easy to Clean
Dimensions: 13.07" x 3.98" x 5.98"
Weight: 2.89 lbs
40 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1090 posts
998 upvotes
This is one of those things that you use once and then see it every morning and wonder why you bought it....
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2563 posts
1775 upvotes
Vancouveresque
CNET says it has good sound, plus it has a camera for video calls and a physical switch to disable the camera: https://www.cnet.com/reviews/jbl-link-view-review/
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2666 posts
3513 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
zylonite wrote: This is one of those things that you use once and then see it every morning and wonder why you bought it....
Mine is used daily for setting timers, reminders, playing Spotify, notifications/video from the nest hello.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3131 posts
966 upvotes
Vancouver
Are there 2 privacy switches - one for camera and other for mike?
I am turned off with Nest Hub Max; it's only 1 switch.
Nov 13, 2014
152 posts
342 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I use my first gen google home still till this day. You gotta know the device and what your needs are before you buy.
Feb 20, 2018
101 posts
416 upvotes
I have this and sound is great. but i find the screen is dim even in high brightness compared to my lenovo and nest hub. Am i the only one with this issue?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2962 posts
3203 upvotes
GVRD
zylonite wrote: This is one of those things that you use once and then see it every morning and wonder why you bought it....
With no disrespect, then you shouldn't have bought it. The Google Assistant services range from good to outstanding. It's a know-everything device, and you can't think of anything throughout the day to ask it, or it to remind you of? Have you studied all the Google Assistant abilities?

In addition, this device has a display - and even a camera.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2370 posts
1586 upvotes
Kitchener
icecoldman wrote: I have this and sound is great. but i find the screen is dim even in high brightness compared to my lenovo and nest hub. Am i the only one with this issue?
Interesting. Hoping others will reply
Dec 12, 2015
85 posts
143 upvotes
North Vancouver
Disagree. I have mine setup with a routine that gives me news and weather every morning and starts boiling water for my coffee. You just need to take some time to get it setup.
Dec 12, 2015
85 posts
143 upvotes
North Vancouver
icecoldman wrote: I have this and sound is great. but i find the screen is dim even in high brightness compared to my lenovo and nest hub. Am i the only one with this issue?
I find the Lenovo is dim if I close the camera as it uses it for the auto brightness. Maybe try to open the camera if it is closed. Or manually increase the brightness. If it is maxed the you have an issue.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
2768 posts
1574 upvotes
Winnipeg
I bought this 2 years ago along with Google's 10" on sale in the states then later on Amazon's 10" and JBL has the best sound for sure but the screen was like reading something that had been laminated.

They have a use. I dont use mine that much but it's good to know I can just yell Hey Google to find something out. Also these things are radio killers. Play YadaYada650.
Sep 27, 2008
913 posts
729 upvotes
These things are great for alarms, calendar view, smart doorbell auto displaying who's at the door, asking it random questions, getting the weather from it, smart home control.

Up to you what you do with it/any Google smart display.
Feb 20, 2018
101 posts
416 upvotes
Auto brightness is off and brightness is set to max but still the same issue. Thats the reason i bought the nest hub max to replace the jbl link view.
Feb 17, 2009
518 posts
782 upvotes
I would buy this for the sound quality if Google Assistant knew how to follow instructions better. It makes so many errors in following instructions when playing the music I want (if I ask to play a particular set list on shuffle, for instance) that I find it to be much less hassle to just get my phone.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18647 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
ot: does anyone know how to change alarm sounds on alarms or timers to custom ones or its locked down? i have a loud firealarm i'd like to use but cant figure it out! tia
the app i use is called alarm clock xtreme pro , best alarm app imo
this thing is oval shaped with thick bezels! doesn't look modern imo
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Nov 30, 2013
240 posts
333 upvotes
Hamilton
mikka2017 wrote: ot: does anyone know how to change alarm sounds on alarms or timers to custom ones or its locked down? i have a loud firealarm i'd like to use but cant figure it out! tia
the app i use is called alarm clock xtreme pro , best alarm app imo
this thing is oval shaped with thick bezels! doesn't look modern imo
It’s 3 years oldSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes, but yea I’m passing on it for the same reason.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1292 posts
2836 upvotes
Bought a bunch at the thesource sale. They are awesome, I have one in nearly every rooms of the house lol.
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.