Hot Deals

[Staples] Keyboards and Mouse combo on sale, Logitech mouse M570 & M720 @ $39.99, MX Master - $59.97

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2021 11:16 pm
[OP]
Newbie
May 6, 2019
37 posts
98 upvotes

[Staples] Keyboards and Mouse combo on sale, Logitech mouse M570 & M720 @ $39.99, MX Master - $59.97

Logitech Keyboard and mouse combo is on sale -
https://www.staples.ca/collections/mice-keyboards-127


Logitech Triathalon M720 Multi-Device Wireless Mouse, Black- $39.99
https://www.staples.ca/products/2392528 ... ouse-black

Logitech M570 Wireless Ergonomic Trackball Mouse - $39.99
https://www.staples.ca/products/899995- ... ball-mouse

Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse - Black - $59.97
https://www.staples.ca/products/2441522 ... ouse-black
Last edited by Jaip22 on Feb 4th, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
22 replies
Newbie
May 20, 2008
89 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, will try the trackball.
The only Logitech trackball I had was unusable due to weird friction between the ball and the body of the mouse. Hopefully they've fixed the problem.
Jr. Member
Mar 20, 2013
155 posts
370 upvotes
Edmonton
@Jaip22 thanks buddy! I was waiting for those to go on sale.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
5830 posts
2195 upvotes
GTEH!
Karlik wrote: Thanks OP, will try the trackball.
The only Logitech trackball I had was unusable due to weird friction between the ball and the body of the mouse. Hopefully they've fixed the problem.
I've been using the M570 Trackball mouse now for a few weeks. Really like it. Don't have to move my hand as much compared to a regular mouse.

FYI: if you can find stock, Costco is selling the M720 mouse for $29.97.
Thread here:
costco-logitech-m720-triathlon-multi-de ... 7-2440405/
😎
Newbie
Dec 23, 2010
32 posts
10 upvotes
Newmarket
also in for a trackball - I was debating about the Keyboard / mouse combo our the trackball for work laptop but think the trackball will give me more options (use at home)
Newbie
Oct 8, 2007
37 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
i had the old corded logitech trackman which was $100 at staples 20 years ago and kind of looked like this. It was pure quality. still have the MS intellimouse from that time and only now one of the switches is getting dirty. it's worth a shot to see if a trackball works for you and the one on sale is a great price for a thumb ball. https://ourfidgetspinner.com/wp-content ... ouse-6.jpg
Last edited by angel_wing0 on Feb 10th, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image way too big, converted to link
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
5830 posts
2195 upvotes
GTEH!
davetran wrote: i had the old corded logitech trackman which was $100 at staples 20 years ago and kind of looked like this. It was pure quality. still have the MS intellimouse from that time and only now one of the switches is getting dirty. it's worth a shot to see if a trackball works for you and the one on sale is a great price for a thumb ball. https://ourfidgetspinner.com/wp-content ... ouse-6.jpg
20 years?? And it's still working??

Talk about Trackball mouse evolution. From Finger trackball to Thumb trackball.
Last edited by angel_wing0 on Feb 10th, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Change quoted post
😎
Newbie
May 20, 2008
89 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
I just received the trackball. I must say I have very serious concern over the design of the thing. Plastic ball slides on 3 pins. The pins themself are tiny and made of plastic. So it is plastic on plastic friction. There will be wear on both sides. I don't care about the ball, but the pins are only a tenth of a millimeter high. I would be surprised if the trackball survives more than 1-2 years.

On the old trackballs Logitech made pins of metal and I still managed to wear them out (I work 12-14 hours a day). On this one I'm worried about planned obsolescence.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
5830 posts
2195 upvotes
GTEH!
Karlik wrote: I just received the trackball. I must say I have very serious concern over the design of the thing. Plastic ball slides on 3 pins. The pins themself are tiny and made of plastic. So it is plastic on plastic friction. There will be wear on both sides. I don't care about the ball, but the pins are only a tenth of a millimeter high. I would be surprised if the trackball survives more than 1-2 years.

On the old trackballs Logitech made pins of metal and I still managed to wear them out (I work 12-14 hours a day). On this one I'm worried about planned obsolescence.
Return it if you're worried about reliability/longevity of the trackball internal components.
😎
Sr. Member
Oct 27, 2009
587 posts
385 upvotes
Hamilton
Thanks OP, need a new mouse. Think I'll give the MX master a try in my never ending quest for a decent Mouse from an ergonomic and productivity point of view.

Recently tried an anchor vertical . Not terrible from an ergonomics standpoint, but clicking sucks right out of the gate, which is why I needed a new mouse in the first place.
Also tried Kensington trackball, the cheaper one, did not like it at all.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1437 posts
1237 upvotes
I have a M720 that I like but the left button has started releasing when I don't want it to which means I drag files to unknown locations and have to search for them. It's about 1.5 yrs old so they obviously wear out a lot faster these days. My prior MX Revolution lasted probably 6 or 7 years.

Time for another M720 seeing as the other mouse is o/s :)
Newbie
Nov 26, 2015
48 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FYI trackball is the same price at Amazon.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 27, 2006
1291 posts
262 upvotes
40h+ a week for 3 years at work, my M570 is still running great. It has to be cleaned once weekly though, takes 1min.

For 39$, it's paid itself IMO.
Jr. Member
Jun 10, 2006
149 posts
42 upvotes
Van City
Got the MX Master for pickup at my local location. Thanks for the find OP!
Member
User avatar
Dec 13, 2019
329 posts
266 upvotes
Thanks OP! Love my M720! Still going strong and great battery life that lasts for months on a single AA battery.

Very conflicted about whether I need a new wireless mouse... lol Face With Tears Of Joy
Why settle for MSRP when you can wait and get it at a lower price? 😉
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 18, 2003
6408 posts
264 upvotes
Etobicoke
Remember coupon code 77473 for add'l 5% off.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5685 posts
823 upvotes
Calgary
davetran wrote: i had the old corded logitech trackman which was $100 at staples 20 years ago and kind of looked like this. It was pure quality. still have the MS intellimouse from that time and only now one of the switches is getting dirty. it's worth a shot to see if a trackball works for you and the one on sale is a great price for a thumb ball. https://ourfidgetspinner.com/wp-content ... ouse-6.jpg
The cordless version is probably the best trackball ever.
https://www.trackballmouse.org/logitech ... -trackman/
Last edited by angel_wing0 on Feb 10th, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Change quoted post

Top