Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] The Last of Us Part II (PS4) $39.99 Price Match

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 10:00 am
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 23, 2020
10 posts
30 upvotes

[Staples] The Last of Us Part II (PS4) $39.99 Price Match

I just purchased and price matched the Last of Us Part 2 on the Staples website.
It is currently on sale for $54.99
https://www.staples.ca/products/2971690 ... -us-part-2

Purchase the item using the Staples promo code: 75358 to get $10off $50 or more! (Code is good until Oct 31).

You can then price match it with Walmart for $49.99:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/the-last-o ... 0200515525

You need to provide the Customer Service Rep via Online Chat or Phone with your Order Number from your email receipt.
They will refund you the difference.

A total price of $45.18 approximately (taxes included).
Last edited by Prophs on Oct 13th, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
29 replies
Newbie
Jan 10, 2019
79 posts
259 upvotes
How do you go about price matching through the website
“If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all.” - Thumper

This is the way!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9131 posts
3976 upvotes
Toronto
hmmm, i feel it's a bit of work to achieve the pm, and ymmv. thread title seems a bit baity
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 23, 2020
10 posts
30 upvotes
zbergus wrote: How do you go about price matching through the website
You can do it through Staples online Chat or Phone.

I did mine through the chat. First you need to purchase the item at $44.99 ($54.99 – $10 off coupon code).
Then you just provide the Order Number found in your email confirmation. They will refund your credit card with the difference.
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 23, 2020
10 posts
30 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: hmmm, i feel it's a bit of work to achieve the pm, and ymmv. thread title seems a bit baity
I thought it was easy. It took me around 5 mins?
Bought the item with the coupon code, the Customer Service Rep waited until I got my order number receipt via email and then refunded the difference.
My total purchased price was $45.16 with taxes a saving of 50%.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 23, 2008
1406 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ManCaveGamer wrote: hmmm, i feel it's a bit of work to achieve the pm, and ymmv. thread title seems a bit baity
There's literally nothing baity about the title; it explicitly states that the price is achieved by price matching.

@Prophs In your OP, you should switch around the last two steps, no? Coupon and then price match.
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 23, 2020
10 posts
30 upvotes
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: There's literally nothing baity about the title; it explicitly states that the price is achieved by price matching.

@Prophs In your OP, you should switch around the last two steps, no? Coupon and then price match.
That's true! Will update now.
Newbie
Dec 19, 2013
97 posts
26 upvotes
Thanks OP, got it done! Hopefully I end up liking the games, haven't read any spoilers yet haha
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 23, 2020
10 posts
30 upvotes
nigelr95 wrote: Thanks OP, got it done! Hopefully I end up liking the games, haven't read any spoilers yet haha
Awesome! I'm not sure why people are downvoting the post if you were able to do it. Yes same here no spoilers!
Newbie
User avatar
Jun 17, 2020
17 posts
31 upvotes
Prophs wrote:
Awesome! I'm not sure why people are downvoting the post if you were able to do it. Yes same here no spoilers!
I think many people downvote any posts related to TLOU2. I would not do the same thing but I feel their pain and anger.
Member
Oct 21, 2015
334 posts
410 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BojackHorseman wrote: I think many people downvote any posts related to TLOU2. I would not do the same thing but I feel their pain and anger.
Yes Princess Carolyn
Member
Aug 22, 2012
228 posts
201 upvotes
Easy peasy. I was considering the price at Walmart, but for 39.99 + tax is an instabuy and live chat was very helpful

Thank you OP +1
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1247 posts
439 upvotes
Richmond Hill
o shxt should I get this deal or wait until it drop to 29.99....or PS Plus free month
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 19, 2015
993 posts
1378 upvotes
Vancouver
jacky190424 wrote: o shxt should I get this deal or wait until it drop to 29.99....or PS Plus free month
PS plus free month coming in 3 years.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1593 posts
379 upvotes
GTA
This game is best borrowed from the library. Not worth owning IMO.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2241 posts
2079 upvotes
Whitby
Why you don't buy games brand new. This is madness.
Jr. Member
May 26, 2009
170 posts
116 upvotes
Burnaby
Just ordered and got price matched through chat like OP suggested. Less than 10 mins from start to finish.

Thanks!
Member
Sep 26, 2008
211 posts
59 upvotes
Longueuil
So they just re apply the $10 coupon to the $49.99 price match? Cause I'm understanding that they are doing it just not following the math on this one if you have the order the game first at $45.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2361 posts
1776 upvotes
Montreal, QC
avnebbie wrote: So they just re apply the $10 coupon to the $49.99 price match? Cause I'm understanding that they are doing it just not following the math on this one if you have the order the game first at $45.
Yes it makes sense that the coupon is applied after the matched price.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)

Top