Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Staples] Lenovo S145 Laptop for $499 (was $399 for BF)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2020 12:43 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1484 posts
1012 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
Krakilin0405 wrote: Anybody know of a good touchpad software for this laptop? Looks like it's using the windows generic one, there's no way to customize it. The biggest problem I have is the double finger scroll, it's inverted (to what I'm used to), and there's no way to change it.

Edit: Found a solution, go to MS Store and download ETDProperties app

Now just need a solution to remap the extra french key beside the LeftShift and turn that into a LeftShift key as well.

Edit: Download "Sharpkeys", this program allows you remap anything you want on your keyboard to another key of your choice, it write is into the registry (you can alwayschange it back). Simple to use, you press the key that you want to change, in this case, that stupid added key beside the LeftShift, then you press the key that you want to change it to, in this case you press "LeftShift". So now technically I have 2 LeftShift keys (right beside each other). You can go f#@$ youself bilingual keyboard!
Downloaded it from MS, but says "needs elevation"? Did you download from MS store? Thanks.
I'll try again later....

EDIT: Uninstalled MS version and downloaded from CNET---Worked GREAT!
Thank you so much!

>>>>> CNET link
[OP]
Aug 8, 2013
46 posts
68 upvotes
London
zajacik99 wrote: Deal is over :(
OP please change price to $499
How do I do that? Do I straight up change it, or delete the thread. I'm kind of new here.\

Edit: Never mind, think I got it. Let me know if I didn't do it right :)
Jan 14, 2011
80 posts
13 upvotes
Well Staples screwed me. I ordered online Friday night when this laptop had come back in stock online. Received order confirmation email immediately. Late last night I received an order cancellation email from Staples.
Took them 3 days to figure out that they couldn't fulfill my order, during which time I could have been looking for another deal. Smiling Face With Horns
Nov 22, 2016
355 posts
149 upvotes
Keyboard is atrocious...but the rest is decent. Also , trackpad is a $ $...so need a mouse.
Aug 12, 2010
33 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
Did anybody else not get a packing slip in the box?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1352 posts
217 upvotes
Mississauga
beatuptruck wrote: Well Staples screwed me. I ordered online Friday night when this laptop had come back in stock online. Received order confirmation email immediately. Late last night I received an order cancellation email from Staples.
Took them 3 days to figure out that they couldn't fulfill my order, during which time I could have been looking for another deal. Smiling Face With Horns
Same thing happened to me. I called Customer Service today and was told to go to a store that has stock and ask for a price match to BF price.

Even if that works, poblem is that I also lost out on 20x AM on BF and the $35 OFF code that does not seem to work anymore.

I am done with Staples!
:arrow:
Car Dealer not honouring the warranty on a new vehicle? See this thread
Dec 1, 2009
744 posts
243 upvotes
Saint-Jean-Sur-Riche…
impailer17 wrote: Same thing happened to me. I called Customer Service today and was told to go to a store that has stock and ask for a price match to BF price.

Even if that works, poblem is that I also lost out on 20x AM on BF and the $35 OFF code that does not seem to work anymore.

I am done with Staples!
Same happened to me. Order placed on Thursday am and was cancelled yesterday.
Yesterday, I chatted with the support service she said I could go in store to pick it up and then get the same price as before with coupons but didn't want to take the chance and argue so we placed an order online, she then applied the diffenre on my credit card. This morning received an email that this new order is canceled! Grr. Oh well, I guess that's ai sign that I should get this laptop.
Jan 14, 2011
80 posts
13 upvotes
I ended up getting one of these laptops after going into a store with stock and explaining my story to the manager. I had to send her the order/cancellation emails that I had received. They ended up selling me the laptop for 399 and they also applied the 25$ off coupon that I had originally used. This laptop better be worth all the hassle.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1352 posts
217 upvotes
Mississauga
Back in stock online at $649.99.

As I have not been able to find anything comparable and needed a laptop for my daughter, I just placed on order through Customer Service and will get a credit for the $250 price difference + the $25 off code.

I did not want to push my luck for the lost Air Miles - I may call them back after I get the order delivered and try to get another credit.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
3273 posts
1304 upvotes
Toronto
impailer17 wrote: Back in stock online at $649.99.

As I have not been able to find anything comparable and needed a laptop for my daughter, I just placed on order through Customer Service and will get a credit for the $250 price difference + the $25 off code.

I did not want to push my luck for the lost Air Miles - I may call them back after I get the order delivered and try to get another credit.
Wow, you got the BF lowest price. Did you have to use some negotiation tricks on the phone CSR or they just offered that price to you?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1352 posts
217 upvotes
Mississauga
Elfwood wrote: Wow, you got the BF lowest price. Did you have to use some negotiation tricks on the phone CSR or they just offered that price to you?
I just explained that my order was cancelled and that it is now back in stock. Did not have to say more.
Jun 27, 2007
278 posts
159 upvotes
Still haven't opened mine yet. Not sure I need it but the value proposition is high. For those that bought it, how you liking it?
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
3273 posts
1304 upvotes
Toronto
Been using mine for a few weeks. The specs are great for the price. But the keyword is so awful that if I had known I would have stayed away.