Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Staples] Lenovo S145 Laptop for $499 (was $399 for BF)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2020 12:43 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
4639 posts
630 upvotes
sinistral wrote: I just came back from the store.. and seriously.. it's snappy with chrome.. It's not a rocket but.. for the price.. i think it's pretty good.. and we have a FHD screen.. so pretty happy with the buy!
Music to my ears! My old man is gonna love this thing
Sep 15, 2011
929 posts
469 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
Grabbed one at 2:30 this morning. Thanks for the post!
Jul 2, 2011
5 posts
1 upvote
Barrie
Okay, looks like I'm jumping on this one as well. For Microsoft Office, should I buy it outright or pay the annual subscription? I still remember when we had to buy the software with codes!
Jun 27, 2007
277 posts
159 upvotes
Got one for pickup at my local store but was playing around with one during lunch. The thing that stood out the most was the cheap and flimsy feel. It was very light and seemed to be made entirely of soft plastic. Youtube took about 5 seconds to load in Edge. Going to sleep on this because of the good specs but the build quality along with small capacity & lack of optical drive are negatives for me.
Mar 16, 2006
249 posts
16 upvotes
honsolo wrote: Just ordered and the coupon still worked (66394). Thanks!
FYI guys, this $25 code worked at about 5:30pm EST but went to order another at 5:45 and no longer valid.
Feb 26, 2014
376 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
shan wrote: FYI guys, this $25 code worked at about 5:30pm EST but went to order another at 5:45 and no longer valid.
Did you use a different account the second time? When I ordered from Staples this morning (using a different code than you used), I had to use two different accounts.
Oct 4, 2016
184 posts
285 upvotes
shan wrote: FYI guys, this $25 code worked at about 5:30pm EST but went to order another at 5:45 and no longer valid.
It doesn't say the code is invalid for me. Says: "This discount code does not qualify for this order right now". I tried increasing the total amount but still gives me that error.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2007
1579 posts
163 upvotes
cookray99 wrote: Okay, looks like I'm jumping on this one as well. For Microsoft Office, should I buy it outright or pay the annual subscription? I still remember when we had to buy the software with codes!
I would like to know as well what's the best option for office. Mainly just need word and excel.
Jan 29, 2018
320 posts
287 upvotes
Laptop showed up today. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but I was surprised because online it doesn't even say it shipped yet.

Now if Staples could just find my missing LG monitor that I've paid for and shipped on the 27th to my local store and never arrived....
Mar 16, 2006
249 posts
16 upvotes
steez03 wrote: Did you use a different account the second time? When I ordered from Staples this morning (using a different code than you used), I had to use two different accounts.
Yes, I tried again with a different email address (still used guest checkout) and the code worked at about 6:15pm EST yesterday.
Jan 29, 2018
320 posts
287 upvotes
Stats on the SSD MZALQ256HAJD-000L2 (Samsung)
disk1.jpg

I'm impressed with the laptop given the price point. Coming from a high end/gaming desktop this is going to be a perfect cheap carry around device for browsing etc.