• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2020 9:39 pm
21 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1399 posts
1185 upvotes
Vancouver
Receive a $10 coupon when you spend $50 or more online.
Between July 29 and August 11, 2020.

Thanks OP. If you find a $10 filter, you can get a $10 coupon
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11542 posts
9173 upvotes
Toronto
Good mouse, though I'm surprised they're still making them since it's 2 models behind now. Maybe new old stock?

I've since moved onto the newer 2 and 2s models. Main difference is lighter and rechargeable, with BT / RF capability (smaller pico dongle for RF). I think it's worth it when they go on sale for $50-60
Jul 4, 2008
28 posts
18 upvotes
Brantford
Great mouse! I had this, the 2 and the 2s. I can't go back to no rechargability, but if this is the only option, I can recommend it!

It's possibly old end-of-life stock...
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1065 posts
1028 upvotes
Yes, this is super old stock. It's not even part of Logitech's current mouse lineup anymore. It's now "archived" in the support section of their website with minimal info on it. The new ones seem so superior in comparison to this one, but then again, you can rarely go wrong with a Logitech mouse. All my mice are Logitech except for my notebook mouse, which is Microsoft's mobile mouse that I got for $8.00 when regular price was $29.99. Hey, can't say no to a good deal! lol Face With Tears Of Joy
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Jul 30, 2009
646 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
This was a really good mouse but the left click button develops some double click issues over time. I went through about 3 of them on warranty because of this issue
Aug 23, 2014
419 posts
232 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
what is special about this mouse?
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2003
2000 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
sorrowt wrote: what is special about this mouse?
Logitech Darkfield Laser Tracking provides precise cursor control on virtually any surface, even glass tables (4 mm minimum thickness) where optical and standard laser mice fail.
I used to have a glass table, regular mice couldn't track but this one would.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2620 posts
1601 upvotes
Markham
hot_potato wrote: Logitech Darkfield Laser Tracking provides precise cursor control on virtually any surface, even glass tables (4 mm minimum thickness) where optical and standard laser mice fail.
I used to have a glass table, regular mice couldn't track but this one would.
I find the glass tracking aspect important.
pre-covid.. when i used to travel for work.. most hotels have glass tables for the computer table. I have to use the menu as the mouse pad.. but it is annoying
Feb 22, 2011
172 posts
114 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm actually inclined to prefer this over the newer Anywhere models because it is AA battery-powered. The newer ones may be rechargeable, but I'm not a big fan of anything that uses batteries that I can't easily replace. Plus, it's not like mice burn through batteries. I have a Logitech M510 that's still going strong years later and have only changed the batteries about three times in the span of about 6 years. The only reason why I am considering replacing my current mouse is because I want to free up USB ports and because the M510 doesn't track well on some surfaces (i.e. glossy plywood).

That said, if the newer ones do not suffer from the reported double-click problem, then it is definitely a point in favour for them.
Last edited by Alceister on Aug 13th, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 30, 2009
188 posts
42 upvotes
Markham
good tracking (including glass tables) and form factor for on the go, but gets the double clicking issue after a while - had to rma 2 of them and just decided to get an mx master instead.
Oct 11, 2006
555 posts
310 upvotes
Alceister wrote: I'm actually inclined to prefer this over the newer Anywhere models because it is AA battery-powered. The newer ones may be rechargeable, but I'm not a big fan of anything that uses batteries that I can't easily replace. Plus, it's not like mice burn through batteries.
Actually, this particular model eats through batteries like a hungry piranha.
I have two of them, and the one that sees moderate daily use needs fresh batteries every six weeks or so.
Granted, I use rechargeable Eneloops, so that's not too big of a problem, but it would be wrong to think that it's as energy-efficient as other Logitech models.
It's not. The Logitech M720 Triathlon, for instance - which was on sale recently at Costco/Amazon (see the respective threads) - is advertised as being able to squeeze two years of life (!) out of a single fresh battery.

*edit* I would venture to guess that the Darkfield technology is the culprit for such high energy demands. If you look at the description for the Anywhere MX 2 (the updated model), it says "Rechargeable (2 months maximum between full charges)" - which mirrors my own experience.
Last edited by strangelove9 on Aug 13th, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 25, 2020
184 posts
126 upvotes
richmond,bc
How does this mouse compare to this entry level gaming mouse which is discounted at a good price now too? link
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1065 posts
1028 upvotes
This is an old and obsolete model that's not in a "current" product anymore on Logitech's. It's been relegated to the "legacy product" part of their website. May have been a good mouse at one point, but not anymore with much better mice that has since eclipsed it.
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Feb 22, 2011
172 posts
114 upvotes
Richmond Hill
strangelove9 wrote: Actually, this particular model eats through batteries like a hungry piranha.
I have two of them, and the one that sees moderate daily use needs fresh batteries every six weeks or so.
Granted, I use rechargeable Eneloops, so that's not too big of a problem, but it would be wrong to think that it's as energy-efficient as other Logitech models.
It's not. The Logitech M720 Triathlon, for instance - which was on sale recently at Costco/Amazon (see the respective threads) - is advertised as being able to squeeze two years of life (!) out of a single fresh battery.
I stand corrected then. Still, I rather quite prefer the option to change batteries on relatively low-energy devices: I don't like how the lifetime of many electronics nowadays are constrained by the number of recharge cycles.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1065 posts
1028 upvotes
strangelove9 wrote: Actually, this particular model eats through batteries like a hungry piranha.
I have the M720 Triathalon mouse and I swear by it. It's one of the best wireless mice I've bought. Super reliable, comfortable and accurate. Very easy on the battery. I'm onto my 3rd year owning this mouse and I have only changed the battery once (the OEM battery). I'm only on my second battery which is a Duracell and not the dollar store stuff. I never turn off this mouse either when I turn off my PC. It also only runs off a single AA battery! Be on the lookout for the M720 to go on sale from time to time. I've used mine so much, the primary mouse button is shiny on the spot where my finger normally rests on.
Last edited by LesDeals on Aug 13th, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 11, 2006
555 posts
310 upvotes
craxybuyer wrote: How does this mouse compare to this entry level gaming mouse which is discounted at a good price now too? link
Eh? You can see clearly that the Razer you posted is a wired mouse. This one is wireless, and works on any surface.
Otherwise, they're both mice, and whether you buy one or another depends on your personal preference and needs.
Aug 30, 2009
188 posts
42 upvotes
Markham
craxybuyer wrote: How does this mouse compare to this entry level gaming mouse which is discounted at a good price now too? link
They have completely different purposes, one is a productivity on the go mouse the form factor is very small, the other is for gaming and of a standard size.

If you are not using it for mobile purposes I'd just stick with the standard size mouse.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)