Hot Deals

Staples

Logitech G413 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - $43.27 Clearance Price (reg $79.99)

[OP]
Mar 2, 2007
600 posts
657 upvotes
Scarborough, ON

[Staples] Logitech G413 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - $43.27 Clearance Price (reg $79.99)

Follow up to @Spiritualx's previous post on the Amazon pricing at $50.97.

There is still stock available in quite a few stores.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=st&sku=2726119

Decent mechanical key board at this price. Solid build.

Update 5-31-2022: Amazon now also has the same price as Staples at $43.27.
https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Mechanic ... 5MWGM?th=1
Last edited by cassador on May 31st, 2022 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), thread summary and the current part of thread!
Thread Summary
If you're looking to upgrade your setup, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best gaming keyboards!
44 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2202 posts
4527 upvotes
Vancouver
Trash keyboard

Bought one of these, started double typing just outside the 2 year warranty.
Jun 9, 2017
11 posts
32 upvotes
I also bought this keyboard a few years back and experienced double typing after 2 years. Plus, the RGB lights died on a few keys within a year. Would 100% avoid this keyboard.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2886 posts
1878 upvotes
Moon
danascully wrote: Trash keyboard

Bought one of these, started double typing just outside the 2 year warranty.
have you tried using logitech's warranty? it used to be awesome. havent used it in a bit though.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Apr 25, 2014
197 posts
192 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
daltonusprime wrote: I also bought this keyboard a few years back and experienced double typing after 2 years.
That's not necessarily bad, it can help you prevent a hack:

Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Aug 1, 2021
25 posts
22 upvotes
QA on these keyboards is lackluster, be warned.

Spacebar and random keys stopped registering
Jan 19, 2009
255 posts
156 upvotes
was going to buy but based on these comments im not sure now Crying Face
Jun 17, 2020
94 posts
222 upvotes
hybridfx2 wrote: was going to buy but based on these comments im not sure now Crying Face
Given the price I believe it is still worth a try. I own 10+ keyboards and rotate my usage. This keyboard would surely last more than two years.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
1888 posts
3703 upvotes
If there was like a $10 coupon to bring this down to $33 then I would consider it cause I keep hearing about issues after 1-2 years.
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Nov 30, 2009
385 posts
182 upvotes
Very bad keyboard. I had ghosting and double typing. I just replug my tank das keyboard, so much better.
Nov 25, 2018
43 posts
32 upvotes
Avoid. Bought the G513 with the same switches and it started double typing just after the warranty date passed.
Nov 25, 2017
105 posts
103 upvotes
AliU47998 wrote: Avoid. Bought the G513 with the same switches and it started double typing just after the warranty date passed.
Same here.
And the rgb, some of them are not going according to the set up anymore. On all blue light, 1 showing red.
I'll be avoiding loGitech for this.
[OP]
Mar 2, 2007
600 posts
657 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Appreciate everyone's insight into this keyboard.
In summary, good price for a not so good keyboard.

What are some good quality options for a casual gamer who wants a mechanical keyboard with smooth action that is not too loud. Under $100.

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), thread summary and the current part of thread!
May 15, 2022
31 posts
48 upvotes
If you see Romer-G mechanical switches, just avoid.
Nov 26, 2008
112 posts
33 upvotes
I bought this keyboard when it was 50, but returning it. The quality feels great, because of the raised keyboard, it was giving me pain in the forearm.
Nov 9, 2020
232 posts
431 upvotes
Maple
cassador wrote: Appreciate everyone's insight into this keyboard.

What are some good quality options for a casual gamer who wants a mechanical keyboard with smooth action that is not too loud. Under $100.
Look into HyperX. They had a sale a couple of weeks back.
I have the Alloy Origins for 1.5 years now. Does a good job although the red keys are way too easy to make typing mistakes on because of 0 reflex.
Do you need it or do you want it?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2202 posts
4527 upvotes
Vancouver
YujiroHan wrote: Same here.
And the rgb, some of them are not going according to the set up anymore. On all blue light, 1 showing red.
I'll be avoiding loGitech for this.
Ive had nothing but good experiences with logitech stuff until I bought their g502 mouse and the g413 keyboard about 5 years back.

G502 middle click stopped working, 2 of them
And the double typing g413

Maybe quality is just shyte nowadays?
Sep 1, 2006
312 posts
138 upvotes
Newmarket
I own and currently use this keyboard. It’s great! It gives the nice feel of a sturdy mechanical keyboard without the awful clicking.

The native USB port is nice for my wireless mouse dongle.

Great deal.
Sep 1, 2006
312 posts
138 upvotes
Newmarket
cassador wrote: Appreciate everyone's insight into this keyboard.

You posted it. Don’t listen to the haters. I honestly have no idea what these other people are talking about. It’s worked perfectly for six months of heavy usage.

This keyboard is exactly what you want. I know because I wanted the same thing you do. It’s smooth. Solid. Lights up. Metal build. Non-clicky but still satisfying.