Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Logitech G413 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - $43.27 Clearance Price (reg $79.99)

Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
dcorban wrote: You posted it. Don’t listen to the haters. I honestly have no idea what these other people are talking about. It’s worked perfectly for six months of heavy usage.

This keyboard is exactly what you want. I know because I wanted the same thing you do. It’s smooth. Solid. Lights up. Metal build. Non-clicky but still satisfying.
Thanks for that.

Its easy to be negative. I was curious if they would actually provide some useful suggestions.

I'm using it and quite happy with it for the price. Also using the native USB port for my wireless mouse dongle.

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4044 posts
8903 upvotes
Vancouver
dcorban wrote: It’s worked perfectly for six months of heavy usage.
Six months, damn that's a long time
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4044 posts
8903 upvotes
Vancouver
cassador wrote: Thanks for that.

Its easy to be negative. I was curious if they would actually provide some useful suggestions.

I'm using it and quite happy with it for the price. Also using the native USB port for my wireless mouse dongle.
Hey man, if you don't mind dropping $50 every 1.5-2 years on a keyboard, go for it
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13375 posts
8307 upvotes
Brampton
You can't even get a decent mechanical keyboard for <$50 let alone one thats backlit and has a warranty.
Nov 25, 2018
66 posts
47 upvotes
Bought the HyperX Alloy Elite 2 recently at the sale price (I think the total was $80 after all discounts) and so far it has been a good experience. If this thing works long term, I am leaving my previous Logitech bubble and moving on to HyperX.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6354 posts
1013 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tebore wrote: You can't even get a decent mechanical keyboard for <$50 let alone one thats backlit and has a warranty.
the redragon from amazon around $30 was solid. The XG gaming from the source is another one that was good at $30. Neither attainable now but they existed.
--
I like detailing cars!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4044 posts
8903 upvotes
Vancouver
tebore wrote: You can't even get a decent mechanical keyboard for <$50 let alone one thats backlit and has a warranty.
Ill give you one guess why it is < $50
Mar 8, 2010
316 posts
650 upvotes
Redragon K582 is regular price $55 at canadacomputers and I feel its a pretty solid mechanical KB for the price. It's also hot swappable so you can replace switches if they fail, or upgrade switches if you want (I put AKKO lavenders in mine)
Feb 23, 2006
188 posts
362 upvotes
Montreal
cassador wrote: Thanks for that.

you should check previous threads like this: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon- ... 7-2536125/

and these two pics of the romer g keycap (sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/LogitechG/comm ... _6_months/)

personally i had to buy the left-ctrl keycap twice, felt like an idiot spending 10 buck a pop. it's a great kb otherwise but this is a deal breaker for me.

May 15, 2022
63 posts
128 upvotes
Depends on what you are looking for, but based on what you have listed, I would recommend either an aluminum Keychron (if you can find a layout that you like).

Of if you want a full size, get a Durgod K310 with genuine cherry switches. Really solid quality metal build, cherry switches that will acaully last and will work with 95% of keycaps if you wanted to customize. They go on sale very regularly, and you can get them crazy cheap through Amazon Warehouse sales.

Logi have SOME really solid keyboard, but stick with the ones that have cherry/gateron switches, not romer G. Another board that is really good quality is the Steelseries Apex 7 (the Apex also has junk "Romer-G-like" switches, and the Apex Pro is wayyyyyy overpriced for extra gimmicks). It's not worth it at full price, but you can get it on sales for quite cheap.

Edit: Not sure if you are are someone that cares about/uses RGB, but right now there is a Durgod Taurus K310 (Used - Very Good) with a metal build, high quality double-shot PBT keycaps, removable USB-C cable and Cherry MX Red switched for $75. Really good deal, and if it has any signs of wear you can just return it. https://www.amazon.ca/DURGOD-Typewriter ... 07JZ57C83/
Nov 4, 2006
723 posts
821 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this worth $36 which I assume is the case a a basic gaming keyboard using the pickup $7 coupon? Assuming it carps out before its 2 year warranty what would one expect from logitech in terms of replacement?
Nov 20, 2015
192 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is this clicky?
ryk1998 wrote: Is this worth $36 which I assume is the case a a basic gaming keyboard using the pickup $7 coupon? Assuming it carps out before its 2 year warranty what would one expect from logitech in terms of replacement?
What pickup $7 coupon?
Sep 11, 2007
521 posts
113 upvotes
ryk1998 wrote: Is this worth $36 which I assume is the case a a basic gaming keyboard using the pickup $7 coupon? Assuming it carps out before its 2 year warranty what would one expect from logitech in terms of replacement?
Yes to your first question

On your second, I had a g613 with the exact same issue (double typing). It was actually out of warranty already. I emailed Logitech and pleaded my case since it's a well documented issue with their romer keys (said hey, look at threads here here and here all over the internet).

They sent me a new one. +1 for Logitech
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3274 posts
2144 upvotes
Montréal, QC
jonbonjovi wrote: you should check previous threads like this: amazon-ca-logitech-g413-mechanical-gami ... 7-2536125/

and these two pics of the romer g keycap (sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/LogitechG/comm ... _6_months/)

personally i had to buy the left-ctrl keycap twice, felt like an idiot spending 10 buck a pop. it's a great kb otherwise but this is a deal breaker for me.

I have the exact same issue with my G513.
I can't even swap the right CTRL with the left CTRL because the broken pins are stuck in the switch.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
2053 posts
3033 upvotes
Airdrie
Weird how this particular model could have so many defects. Other models in the same line up including the g410 that I have don't have as many negative reviews. I've been using mine for 4 years without issue with the same romer G switches. I still miss the tenkeys, but not sure if its worth a gamble on this. At full price definately a no, but something to think about for $43.
Oct 25, 2017
21 posts
11 upvotes
Grabbed this from Staples over the weekend, I'm more than happy with it, feels like a no-brainer for this price. The 2 year warranty is icing. Thanks OP
Dec 3, 2007
996 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
4.5 stars on Amazon from 2500 people vs anecdotal evidence from 3 people.

I've had the logitech g610 for 10 years (way longer than 6 months, for this ekeepong tabs) and the Romer switches have been excellent.

If my g610 wasn't still going strong, I'd be all over this.
Dec 13, 2004
690 posts
212 upvotes
I got this keyboard a couples years back as well and I'm still using it (actually using it to type this right now). The keys are fine no issues - no double typing or keys not working.

However the LED on 3 of the keys have failed. As it's RGB, well the blue failed on those 3 keys so I can't get certain colours on those keys, everything else is fine. Great price for it if you're ok with the possibility for the LEDs failing in time.
Dec 7, 2013
57 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver
TLDR: reheat each problematic key switches solder joints = no more double tap. Why? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

So I have a interesting fix for these I found on accident. Only for those really inclined.
So first of all, I have two of these keyboards. First one I bought and started double typing in about 1.5 years and logitech sent me a free replacement. They didn't even question me or ask to debug the double tap issue, felt like they were aware. The replacement only lasted 3 months before double typing. Drove me bananas. No LED issues though!

I was planning to toss them it so I took on apart to try to de-solder the switches... For science. I failed.
But for god knows why, the double tap switches stopped fixed themselves. Found out essentially if you reheat the soldering joints for each problematic key for about 10-15 seconds it fixes it (3 joints per key). Fixed both keyboard.

For this price, I'd honestly still buy it again and test my luck.