Expired Hot Deals

Staples

Logitech G533 Wireless gaming headset $79.98 (plus eco fee $0.50) after $20 off

[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
477 posts
946 upvotes
Ottawa

[Staples] Logitech G533 Wireless gaming headset $79.98 (plus eco fee $0.50) after $20 off

I was looking around for a mid range wireless gaming headset and found this deal at Staples.

This goes for around 100 bucks at other places like Walmart, Bestbuy and Amazon.

Rting puts this headset as a great mid range, affordable wireless gaming headset, if that's all you're doing with it (as I will be, I have Sony XM3 for everything else)
Thread Summary
If you're shopping around, take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best gaming headsets!
9 replies
Oct 28, 2005
524 posts
456 upvotes
Thanks OP. Does anyone have a Staples coupon code that they don't need?
[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
477 posts
946 upvotes
Ottawa
tivo_box wrote: Thanks OP. Does anyone have a Staples coupon code that they don't need?
You'll need to get an add on for $10 off for $100. I've got one I don't need if you need it. DM me.
Oct 28, 2005
524 posts
456 upvotes
gizmokrap wrote: You'll need to get an add on for $10 off for $100. I've got one I don't need if you need it. DM me.
DM'ed. Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
8302 posts
1943 upvotes
Great headphones Thumbs Up Sign
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Mar 15, 2008
527 posts
117 upvotes
Montreal
If they're anything like the G933, stay far away. Mine won't connect unless I run through a ridiculous process, every single time I want to power them on. Super widespread/common issue that Logitech knows exists and never really fixed. The surround sound feature also randomly turns itself on, which wouldn't be as big of a problem except the surround sound mode just makes everything a muddy mess (to the point where the product would be better off not having that feature). The headband is also on the tight side and makes plastic-y sounds reverberate into your ear when you move your head.

When they work, they sound pretty nice 🤷‍♂️

Maybe this one's better made, I don't know, but I felt compelled to share. Maybe pull up some reviews from real people who own it, on reddit or whatever.
[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
477 posts
946 upvotes
Ottawa
Cronzor wrote: If they're anything like the G933, stay far away. Mine won't connect unless I run through a ridiculous process, every single time I want to power them on. Super widespread/common issue that Logitech knows exists and never really fixed. The surround sound feature also randomly turns itself on, which wouldn't be as big of a problem except the surround sound mode just makes everything a muddy mess (to the point where the product would be better off not having that feature). The headband is also on the tight side and makes plastic-y sounds reverberate into your ear when you move your head.

When they work, they sound pretty nice 🤷‍♂️

Maybe this one's better made, I don't know, but I felt compelled to share. Maybe pull up some reviews from real people who own it, on reddit or whatever.
Thanks for your input. I've owned G633 (wired) and had them for good 3 to 4 years and worked perfectly before... an incident made it not work any longer.

I've read that GHub is worse than Logitech Gaming Software so we'll see how it'll turn up. As for the headset, as long as it'll do the job of pushing out decent sounds out the ear and provide a clear input from mic, I'll be satisfied with it. After all, I know I didn't pay top dollar for best headset. I just wanted a mid range, affordable one for everyday gaming.
Aug 16, 2018
65 posts
80 upvotes
I own these, work perfectly with the PS5, great sound, very comfortable. Highly recommended at that price for use with a PS5 anyway
[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
477 posts
946 upvotes
Ottawa
So tried out the headset yesterday and turned out to be pretty decent. The ear foams weren't the most comfortable but didn't have problems with it for a long session of gaming and the sound was clear and precise enough for my use.

Would recommend to people who are looking for sub $100 wireless headset.