Logitech MK570 Comfortwave wireless Keyboard/mouse combo- $55 plus 25% off YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2022 1:17 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12100 posts
3423 upvotes

[Staples] Logitech MK570 Comfortwave wireless Keyboard/mouse combo- $55 plus 25% off YMMV

YMMV for sure...
Doesn't show clearance price online and not sure if applicable in all stores... was in Tecumseh Rd Staples in Windsor last night looking for the DJI Backpack (found one!), and saw 3 of the MK570 wireless keyboard/mouse combos sitting in with the clearance items like camera bags, ipad covers etc... no price. Took it to the cashier and she said it was ringing up at $54.99 (regular price is $109.99). So I then asked if the code from the webpage would work (87447) which she tried and it brought the price down to $41.25. I guess this is not considered a technology product, they must mean computers, tablets, cameras, printers?
I paid $60 on Amazon last year and use it at work daily, LOVE IT.

Here is the item.
https://www.staples.ca/products/2800701 ... ouse-black

Stocktrack link
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=st&sku=2800701

Apparently it's available at Walmart.ca for $70, also a great deal.
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/logitech-c ... lsrc=aw.ds
Last edited by jackass_ca on Jan 18th, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, RFD Reviews has a list of the best wireless mice!
29 replies
Dec 7, 2007
316 posts
279 upvotes
Edmonton
This shows their normal Reg Price is so BS
Nov 21, 2019
969 posts
1169 upvotes
Funny, I see these keyboards at thrift stores for 2 bucks all the time. I have one already but could have had at least a dozen if I bought them each time.

Also, misleading af title. This isn't a desktop.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12100 posts
3423 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: What is a wireless desktop?
I'm sure you're being sarcastic, or smart, but most companies refer to their wireless KEYBOARD/MOUSE combos as a wireless desktop

[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12100 posts
3423 upvotes
kuchunwah wrote: This shows their normal Reg Price is so BS
That's why I said that the clearance price doesn't show online. And also why I said YMMV... some stores may not have it at this price, others may have it cheaper.
Unless you meant, that the deal price shows that the regular price is inflated? Other retailers are still selling it for regular price. Many items are overpriced as regular. Take for instance the DJI carrying case I got for $30, regular price was $210. Mind you, it's a heavy duty piece of luggage, but at most, worth $100 IMO

Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5207 posts
6187 upvotes
SonicRings wrote: Funny, I see these keyboards at thrift stores for 2 bucks all the time. I have one already but could have had at least a dozen if I bought them each time.

Maybe it's just me, but I would never buy a used keyboard or mouse, especially at thrift stores.

I have been using this/similar Logitech wave keyboard for the longest. They are ergonomics and comfortable, much better than Microsoft's ones.
Last edited by BB88 on Jan 18th, 2022 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7173 posts
3634 upvotes
West GTEH!
jackass_ca wrote: YMMV for sure...
Doesn't show clearance price online and not sure if applicable in all stores... was in Tecumseh Rd Staples in Windsor last night looking for the DJI Backpack (found one!), and saw 3 of the MK570 wireless desktops sitting in with the clearance items like camera bags, ipad covers etc... no price. Took it to the cashier and she said it was ringing up at $54.99 (regular price is $109.99). So I then asked if the code from the webpage would work (87447) which she tried and it brought the price down to $41.25. I guess this is not considered a technology product, they must mean computers, tablets, cameras, printers?
I paid $60 on Amazon last year and use it at work daily, LOVE IT.

Here is the item.
https://www.staples.ca/products/2800701 ... ouse-black

Stocktrack link
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=st&sku=2800701

Apparently it's available at Walmart.ca for $70, also a great deal.
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/logitech-c ... lsrc=aw.ds
jackass_ca wrote: That's why I said that the clearance price doesn't show online. And also why I said YMMV... some stores may not have it at this price, others may have it cheaper.
Unless you meant, that the deal price shows that the regular price is inflated? Other retailers are still selling it for regular price. Many items are overpriced as regular. Take for instance the DJI carrying case I got for $30, regular price was $210. Mind you, it's a heavy duty piece of luggage, but at most, worth $100 IMO
If you found this in the Clearance Section, then it's definitely YMMV specific to Store location.

Good to see you got this deal.
😎
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12100 posts
3423 upvotes
SonicRings wrote: Funny, I see these keyboards at thrift stores for 2 bucks all the time. I have one already but could have had at least a dozen if I bought them each time.

Really? Wireless keyboard and mouse combos, with unifying USB, and it works, no sticky keys from the previous user or abuser? I've seen tons of these in our thrift stores.
And I have updated the title, but many companies call these WIRELESS DESKTOPS. Sorry for the confusion!
Last edited by jackass_ca on Jan 18th, 2022 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nov 21, 2019
969 posts
1169 upvotes
BB88 wrote: Maybe it's just me, but I would never buy a used keyboard or mouse, especially at thrift stores.
Must be just you. For 2 bucks you can't go wrong. If it doesn't work, it was just 2 bucks. If it does work, you saved apparently 40 bucks.
Nov 21, 2019
969 posts
1169 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: Really? Wireless keyboard and mouse combos, with unifying USB, and it works, no sticky keys from the previous user or abuser?
And I have updated the title, but many companies call these WIRELESS DESKTOPS. Sorry for the confusion!
I've never encountered a keyboard with sticky keys at the thrift store. I don't think people who own keyboards that bad even bother going through the trouble of donating them.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12100 posts
3423 upvotes
Webhead wrote: If you found this in the Clearance Section, then it's definitely YMMV specific to Store location.

Good to see you got this deal.
Totally true. I never really pay much attention to those clearance sections, as they are store specific sometimes, but I have also found some of the stuff posted on RFD in those sections, no price markings that ring up similarly, if you see them in store, it doesn't hurt to ask, if you're in the market. Not sure if these are being replaced, etc, as I checked another store and they didn't even have a spot on their shelves in the keyboard aisle for this set.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5207 posts
6187 upvotes
SonicRings wrote: Must be just you. For 2 bucks you can't go wrong. If it doesn't work, it was just 2 bucks. If it does work, you saved apparently 40 bucks.
Flip your keyboard upside down and enjoy a mini snow show.
Nov 21, 2019
969 posts
1169 upvotes
BB88 wrote: Flip your keyboard upside down and enjoy a mini snow show.
You should be doing that in the store. My keyboards are all clean. Cleaner than the ones I actually use (I use these for the tv). It's easy to clean these if they aren't already clean anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5207 posts
6187 upvotes
SonicRings wrote: You should be doing that in the store. My keyboards are all clean. Cleaner than the ones I actually use (I use these for the tv). It's easy to clean these if they aren't already clean anyway.
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... let%20seat.

Just not something I'll cheap out on. It's something that I'll be in contact for the longest during a day.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12100 posts
3423 upvotes
Not sure why expired? Just got a text from a coworker I told about the deal, found one in London store.
So not sure if it's system wide or he just got lucky at another store clearing them out.