• Jan 10th, 2018 2:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2012
1822 posts
862 upvotes
mb

[Staples] Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Wireless Mobile Mouse (Bluetooth&USB) $49.97

I was looking for a mouse to use with my laptop on granite surface. Went to staples today to get them to price match amazon for a Logitech Anywhere mouse. When I went to pay it rang is at 49.97. I imagine it's on clearance. Best price I could find for a mouse that works on any surface so I thought I would share. In store only as its sold out online.
Images
  • m002676106_sc7.jpg
32 replies
Mar 7, 2011
281 posts
135 upvotes
Amazing price! But it’s ambidextrous which isn’t ideal for me. Great find!
Dec 15, 2017
21 posts
3 upvotes
Put in a bit more and have a look at the original MX master. Or wait until it goes on sale. It’s definitely not the same form factor but definitely more comfortable and better to use
Sep 20, 2007
672 posts
181 upvotes
GVRD
Sad, OOS in 100km of my house. oh well.
Sep 15, 2011
801 posts
325 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
This is a fantastic mouse but I've found them not to be that robust. I went through 2 of them in under 2 years. Both of them ended up having issues with left click (very similar behaviour to what happens to Razer Naga's as well). Incredible tracking performance when they're working though!
Sep 28, 2015
335 posts
166 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
hoody123 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 7:40 pm
This is a fantastic mouse but I've found them not to be that robust. I went through 2 of them in under 2 years. Both of them ended up having issues with left click (very similar behaviour to what happens to Razer Naga's as well). Incredible tracking performance when they're working though!
Do you mean the double click issue when u single click? There is an easy fix. Search YouTube.
Sep 15, 2011
801 posts
325 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
warmdeals wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 7:41 pm
Do you mean the double click issue when u single click? There is an easy fix. Search YouTube.
One of them had double click issues, the other the click just became... not right? The original with double-click is now long gone (it might have been fixable? I fixed my Razer's a couple of times but I just got sick of the issues with them eventually). The second one, it's hard to describe, the click just felt weird - plus there were issues with its tracking (although, potentially a good cleaning could have fixed it too). Regardless, I've had to go to an ergonomic handshake style mouse due to tendinitis.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2012
1822 posts
862 upvotes
mb
Staples had the 2 year warranty for 6.99 so I grabbed that. I also liked the look of the larger one, but I wanted something small to go with my laptop.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
1538 posts
91 upvotes
I got this last year for work. Used 8-9 hours a day for the last year. No issues at all and great performance.
Jun 6, 2011
144 posts
136 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I have this and it's been fantastic so I've been watching for a sale on the MX Master 2S as a permanent desk mouse for my laptop. It looks like the MX Master 2S has been on sale at Best Buy a couple of time, so now it's just a waiting game.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2001
1372 posts
92 upvotes
GTA
DYJ wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 8:10 pm
I got this last year for work. Used 8-9 hours a day for the last year. No issues at all and great performance.
ditto - same here!!
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11040 posts
3412 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If you contact Logitech and complain about the double click issue they are pretty good at sending a replacement to you even if it’s past waranty. I had my first MX Anywhere replaced that way because it developed the double click issue years after I bought it.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
3407 posts
1118 upvotes
Toronto
SaiyamSethi wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 7:34 pm
Put in a bit more and have a look at the original MX master. Or wait until it goes on sale. It’s definitely not the same form factor but definitely more comfortable and better to use
It really depends on use, I have an MX Anywhere 2 that I keep in my laptop bag and an MX Performance at home. Can't imagine carrying something like the Master in my bag but the Anywhere is perfect for travel.
Dec 15, 2017
21 posts
3 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: It really depends on use, I have an MX Anywhere 2 that I keep in my laptop bag and an MX Performance at home. Can't imagine carrying something like the Master in my bag but the Anywhere is perfect for travel.
Yeah I guess it differs person to person, and the size of bag they carry :P

I had the MX anywhere and the MX master. While away from home I would use the anywhere but could never adjust and missed the size and comfort of the MX master so then I began to carry it everywhere.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1825 posts
451 upvotes
Ottawa
I tried the MX Anywhere 2 before but now use the Triathlon m720. I like the size of the Triathlon much better as it is a bigger mouse (not travel) and feels fuller in my hands while still being smaller than the MX Master. Connects to up to 3 different devices. Uses single AA as opposed to rechargeable cable with the Anywhere2. The Triathlon was like $35 recently, might still be on sale.

If I had to pick again, I would go Triathlon over Anywhere2, especially since I don't need the smaller size for travel.