[Staples] Logitech MX Anywhere - $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2019 3:12 pm
[OP]
Jul 10, 2016
158 posts
296 upvotes

[Staples] Logitech MX Anywhere - $39.99

Similar to BestBuy's original MX Master deal recently, Staples seems to have the original MX Anywhere for $39.99 which is a pretty hot price compared to the 2S right now.
Great portable mouse to have and mine has been serving me for a while.
Thread Summary
Product Details
  • You work everywhere. And now your mouse does, too!
  • Logitech Darkfield Laser Tracking provides precise cursor control on virtually any surface, even glass tables (4 mm minimum thickness) where optical and standard laser mice fail
  • Take it anywhere thanks to its compact size
  • Tiny Logitech Unifying receiver is small enough to be left in a laptop and connects up to 6 Unifying compatible devices
  • Comfortable sculpted design with hyper-fast scrolling to fly through long documents and Web pages with a single spin of the scroll wheel
  • Thumb buttons let you go back and forth between Web pages with just one click
  • Requires 2 x AA batteries (6 months max. battery life)
  • 3-Year limited warranty
Included in the Box:
  • Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX 2.0
  • Logitech Unifying receiver
  • Travel pouch
  • Two AA batteries
  • User documentation
  • 3-year limited hardware warranty
13 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2311 posts
612 upvotes
Calgary
Is this Bluetooth or requires the dongle?
Feb 26, 2011
527 posts
440 upvotes
Calgary
I believe this one is unifying receiver only, and MX Anywhere 2 is when they added BT.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3865 posts
1964 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP. I like this model because it has a built-in storage compartment for the dongle. The later models (2, 2s) removed the compartment because they've added BT.
Mar 25, 2009
748 posts
302 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the MX Anywhere 2 (with Bluetooth and unifying) from BestBuy for around the same price a few days ago. if you don’t need Bluetooth this is a good price. If there is a chance you might need Bluetooth in the near future I’d wait for a deal on the 2 or 2s.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1406 posts
716 upvotes
Kitchener
ChinpokoMon wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 11:02 am
Thanks OP. I like this model because it has a built-in storage compartment for the dongle. The later models (2, 2s) removed the compartment because they've added BT.
Legit question - how often do you remove the dongle? I leave my unify dongles in each machine and just move the mouse to each.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12010 posts
3904 upvotes
Toronto, ON
keyser-soze wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 11:11 am
Legit question - how often do you remove the dongle? I leave my unify dongles in each machine and just move the mouse to each.
The dongle is small enough that it won't need to be removed on a laptop. So from my personal experience, the only time I needed to remove the dongle & carry it with the mouse is if I am planning to use it on another computer elsewhere.
Mar 7, 2011
171 posts
171 upvotes
I would go with first gen MX over MX2 as this mouse is known for developing double click issue. MX has 3 years warranty while MX2 has 1 year.
Apr 20, 2003
935 posts
491 upvotes
Markham
ChinpokoMon wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 11:02 am
The M585 is similar to this one, being small and compact, but it's bluetooth and 2.4ghz Unifying dongle compatible and has storage for the dongle. It goes on sale for $40 sometimes (I got mine from Staples for that much back in November)
the MX Anywhere would be slightly better for games (seems like you can change between 400/1200 dpi, whereas M585 is 1000dpi), but it needs 2x AA and the battery life isn't as good (M585 boasts 1x AA and 12 month battery life). The M585 is also Logitech Flow compatible (letting you use the mouse across two systems simultaneously, PC or MAC)

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3865 posts
1964 upvotes
Edmonton
keyser-soze wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 11:11 am
My laptop has only 2 USB ports. It's usually docked and I use a full size wired mouse with it. It's only when I need to undock it and use it temporarily elsewhere that I plug in the dongle.
Jul 6, 2013
124 posts
57 upvotes
NORTH YORK
It's a good deal. Too bad my laptop only has one usb type-a port...
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1406 posts
716 upvotes
Kitchener
ChinpokoMon wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 12:13 pm
My laptop has only 2 USB ports. It's usually docked and I use a full size wired mouse with it. It's only when I need to undock it and use it temporarily elsewhere that I plug in the dongle.
Ah I see - I have the same thing with my tiny work Dell - you need to pick up a full sized unify logitech mouse so there is no need to remove dongle ;)
Aug 21, 2017
15 posts
2 upvotes
Does this version have the non standard scroll wheel click?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6622 posts
2464 upvotes
Toronto
I'm surprised they still sell this one, must be old stock. Having used both this and the anywhere 2 I'd go for the 2 when on sale. 3-device Bluetooth, Pico 2.4ghz dongle (smaller than nano), rechargeable and lighter weight. But gen 1 is still good if you just need something solid that tracks on glass.