Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Microsoft Band 2 - $249.99 ($229.99 after coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2016 3:38 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 26, 2012
121 posts
114 upvotes
Edmonton

[Staples] Microsoft Band 2 - $249.99 ($229.99 after coupon)

I've been checking out fitness trackers for awhile here to find out which one is the best but also the best bang for the buck. It is between this and the Fitbit. With the Fitbit at $170 you can buy the SDM gift cards @15% off and then stack with 10% sign up email and get the 1000 Scene it point promo on Fitbit right now or the Microsoft Band 2 you can get $80 off and stack with $20 off $100+ ebates spend while collecting airmiles.

Tough call!

edit: I meant Band 2 not Bank 2...... the thing that irritates me about that is that the "k" on the keyboard and the "d" are nowhere near eachother, now I know why everyone wants to see my kick pics.

edit 2: Coupon link http://www.staples.ca/sbdca/en_CA/cre/m ... -_-232-_-3
27 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
1921 posts
1435 upvotes
Laputa
tjindersingh wrote: Showing up at $249 for me?
you can always use $20+$20 coupons at Staples, which is $209 actually.
[OP]
May 26, 2012
121 posts
114 upvotes
Edmonton
Millenniunn wrote: you can always use $20+$20 coupons at Staples, which is $209 actually.
I wasnt sure if you could stack it twice or not
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
1921 posts
1435 upvotes
Laputa
pseclint wrote: I wasnt sure if you could stack it twice or not
as i said, always~

there is a generator which gives you special $20 coupon that can stack with other coupons.
[OP]
May 26, 2012
121 posts
114 upvotes
Edmonton
Millenniunn wrote: as i said, always~

there is a generator which gives you special $20 coupon that can stack with other coupons.
could you please share this sacred knowledge, I would be extremely greatful!
Apr 12, 2016
54 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
I would STRONGLY recommend AGAINST this purchase. Here's a link to a forum with pictures of what it will look like within 3 months:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/micros ... 7353-2.htm

I bought mine and had to return because this is an issue with the way they manufacture the straps. Within 40 days mine looked like the one in the picture.

If you still decide to go through, get the store warranty so that you can at least buy something else when you have to return yours...
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2143 posts
1610 upvotes
condo
This product is a fail though, read the in-depth reviews on wearable and sports blogs that focus on HR monitors and activity trackers before buying.
Jan 23, 2014
135 posts
76 upvotes
Montréal
tmonies wrote: This product is a fail though, read the in-depth reviews on wearable and sports blogs that focus on HR monitors and activity trackers before buying.
Could you please provide some links? It seems I can only find good reviews (on tech sites tho). Thx
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1869 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
pseclint wrote: could you please share this sacred knowledge, I would be extremely greatful!
It's in the staples mega coupon threads in the ongoing forum.

I think staples once had it the band 2 at 225 during March breath and you could stack two twenty dollar coupons. I had it for two weeks but it just wasn't comfortable enough. I actually liked the app, GPS for running and how you could manually log everything. I went back to my basis peak which is pretty good now that you can manually track exercise, just missing GPS for runs.
Have the Garmin vivosmart hr on preorder.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2064 posts
741 upvotes
Edmonton
I've been using mine since January and it's been great. Initially I thought the two day battery life would be more annoying than it is, but I just pop it on the charger while I'm eating and it's ready to go again in an hour.

My only complaint is the thickness of the bottom of the band where the claps fits, due to the galvanic sensor (and maybe the battery, as that seems to be the most likely location). It can make some shirts with tighter cuffs a little annoying.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7027 posts
2677 upvotes
Calgary
I have been looking at this Microsoft Band 2 for a long time. Even the small size is a bit too big for me.

By the way, the $80 off @ Staples is kind of a joke because Microsoft sells it @249.99.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2143 posts
1610 upvotes
condo
electricJP wrote: Could you please provide some links? It seems I can only find good reviews (on tech sites tho). Thx
http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/01/micr ... eview.html

The Microsoft Band 2 is in many ways an incredibly capable device. It’s got GPS in a wrist-band, making it pretty much the smallest mainstream GPS sport/fitness tracker on the market. And it’s got an optical HR sensor, barometric altimeter, and even a UV sensor. It packs plenty of data gathering punch.

However, at times it feels confused. For example, the gym/workout functions are extremely well done. It rocks that category. But then it gets all tripped up with something so basic as the heart rate recording rates (1 minute?) Similarly, it nails GPS accuracy on par with the best GPS devices I’ve tested. Yet it fumbles horribly with heart rate accuracy, even in simple steady-state runs.

The same carries over to the platforms. The website for the Band is very well executed for a company that doesn’t have years of sport/fitness experience. Yet the app (iOS anyways) seems to be less polished. The navigation seems clunky at times, and feels more limited compared to the very capable website.
Jul 15, 2006
960 posts
110 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I got one during March break and it's been great. Really no complaints. It's been great for workouts, overall daily usage and sleep tracking.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2143 posts
1610 upvotes
condo
Shop-a-holic wrote: I got one during March break and it's been great. Really no complaints. It's been great for workouts, overall daily usage and sleep tracking.
What about heart rate recording (time intervals) and heart rate monitoring accuracy? Those would likely impact the accuracy of the calorie calculation algorithm as well...
Mar 9, 2005
763 posts
101 upvotes
Love my band... Worth every penny, love the heart monitor. I tested it vs medical finger heart rate monitor while my mom was in the hospital and it was very accurate (only off by a couple of beats). Underrated product, sleep monitor is my favourite, makes you realize how bad you really sleep. Lol
Jul 15, 2006
960 posts
110 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
tmonies wrote: What about heart rate recording (time intervals) and heart rate monitoring accuracy? Those would likely impact the accuracy of the calorie calculation algorithm as well...
Gotta say it's close to what I have used on other machines. Even if it's a little off, I don't think it would be a deal breaker (not for my purposes).

I got it $150 off in total. It ended up being the same price as Fitbit HR; definitely found it to be a better product (compared to Fitbit HR).