Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Monster ClarityHD On-Ear BT Headphones

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 4:04 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 23, 2006
694 posts
128 upvotes
Montreal

[Staples] Monster ClarityHD On-Ear BT Headphones

Hi folks!

Been looking for a cheapish BT headset for work. The price seems right on these and I decided to give them a try.

Let me know what you guys think!
_______________________________
Always looking for a great deal! :twisted:
19 replies
Member
Jun 18, 2016
207 posts
453 upvotes
Ask yourself the question: how can drop the price of a $200 item down to $80 and still make a profit?

The answer? These are overpriced garbage
Sr. Member
Oct 15, 2009
522 posts
285 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 11:39 am
Ask yourself the question: how can drop the price of a $200 item down to $80 and still make a profit?

The answer? These are overpriced garbage
Ask yourself the question: What are other reasons for which items go on sale? Could it be due to a new version of the same item coming out? Could it be to make space for other items which the retailer believes command higher margins or sales? Could it be because the item was simply unpopular at the price point it was introduced?

Hm..
Member
Jun 18, 2016
207 posts
453 upvotes
curlyface wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 1:18 pm
Ask yourself the question: What are other reasons for which items go on sale? Could it be due to a new version of the same item coming out? Could it be to make space for other items which the retailer believes command higher margins or sales? Could it be because the item was simply unpopular at the price point it was introduced?

Hm..
You're absolutely right. But not in this case. In this case, it's because it's overpriced garbage.
Member
May 12, 2012
473 posts
345 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
There are some audio Technica's on clearance at Walmart. Check those out, price is similar. Monster used to make quality products, now they're very hit or miss, missing on most marks.
Member
Mar 4, 2013
448 posts
210 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote: You're absolutely right. But not in this case. In this case, it's because it's overpriced garbage.
I bought this for my kids a few months ago. This is not garbage (build, sound, bt connectivity, battery), definitely worth $80.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4056 posts
1727 upvotes
M-Arkham
didn't walmart had these on clearance for $69.96 a while back?
2x Zoomer $36 for 4GB and unlimited Can wide txt/talk
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide Pulse
Member
Aug 29, 2010
201 posts
151 upvotes
Different model but same company.
This is their quality.. never again
Images
  • MVIMG_20181020_120314.jpg
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4056 posts
1727 upvotes
M-Arkham
chinook79 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 5:38 pm
Different model but same company.
This is their quality.. never again
that look more like a power adapter that is pumping in way too much power into it
2x Zoomer $36 for 4GB and unlimited Can wide txt/talk
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide Pulse
Member
User avatar
Jan 17, 2004
280 posts
44 upvotes
BC
I have a pair of these. Well worth this price imo. I think they sound better than my wife's beats.
Newbie
Nov 27, 2017
93 posts
246 upvotes
chinook79 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 5:38 pm
Different model but same company.
This is their quality.. never again
That happened while charging!??
Member
Aug 29, 2010
201 posts
151 upvotes
Brewmeanie wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 5:39 pm
that look more like a power adapter that is pumping in way too much power into it
Nope, using same Adapter before and after it happened on many other devices, none of them has any issue, except Monster BT earpiece.
champagnepapi514 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 7:13 pm
That happened while charging!??
yeah lucky I didn't leave house, and when I smelled something burning, this is what I found
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2207 posts
1682 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
MooseV2 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 11:39 am
Ask yourself the question: how can drop the price of a $200 item down to $80 and still make a profit?

The answer? These are overpriced garbage
Would you say the same thing about the $500 Sony headphones that they had on sale for $250 the other day that people were going crazy over?
Member
Mar 4, 2013
448 posts
210 upvotes
chinook79 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 5:38 pm
Different model but same company.
This is their quality.. never again
I have this exact pair in black, never had any problems.

This kind of thing could happen to any device. Not saying you're but in general don't leave things charging unattended and don't use cheap dollar shop chargers and cables.

Top