Expired Hot Deals

Staples

Norton 360 Premium - 75GB Cloud Backup - 1 User - 10 Devices - 1 Year Bundle $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 4:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9956 posts
7884 upvotes
Kootenays

[Staples] Norton 360 Premium - 75GB Cloud Backup - 1 User - 10 Devices - 1 Year Bundle $29.99

At the risk of being downvoted to oblivion, Norton 360 Premium for 10 devices is on sale at Staples. Yes, I know, 15 years ago, it slowed your Windows Vista down considerably, but it's not as much of a resource hog these days. It does auto-renew annually at renewal price on NortonLifeLock website. Cancel anytime in your account. It's a good deal at $3.00/device if you have lots of devices in your family.

https://www.staples.ca/products/2954134 ... e-21391144
19 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2967 posts
1672 upvotes
Its been this price on-and-off for a while now (i bought late April). Good as a final AMS offer if you need on for Bonus Boom.

Really annoying to to have to sign up then cancel renewals though.
Aug 22, 2005
209 posts
133 upvotes
RubberCheese wrote: Its been this price on-and-off for a while now (i bought late April). Good as a final AMS offer if you need on for Bonus Boom.

Really annoying to to have to sign up then cancel renewals though.
Not really, you can do it right away, and only takes 30 seconds.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1783 posts
1204 upvotes
Near You
I grew up in the era where Norton antivirus was more effective at making your box unusable than most viruses. They've improved somewhat since then, but having had to work with SEP and the garbage heap that is, I cannot in good conscience recommend a product by the same company.

That, and the fact that old habits of "I'm a simple man, I see norton, I downvote" dies hard.
• AMEX Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Cobalt • Bonvoy
• MC HSBC Premier WE• NBC WE • BRIM
• AT&T Unl Max CA/US/MX US$34 Group Buy • Google Fi • Free.fr
Aeroplan SE • DL Gold • Marriott Titanium • Hyatt Globalist •
Earn miles•Fly the world
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4177 posts
2700 upvotes
Ottawa
What else are people using? I'm using a 1 year code a rep gave me as a promo that'll expire soon. But lots of devices in family to protect.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2967 posts
1672 upvotes
Freakatola wrote: Not really, you can do it right away, and only takes 30 seconds.
It is easy to do, but i think very annoying to be forced to provide credit card info for a product you've already prepaid.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4177 posts
2700 upvotes
Ottawa
RubberCheese wrote: It is easy to do, but i think very annoying to be forced to provide credit card info for a product you've already prepaid.
Yes it's very annoying that the company has a promotion with a planned expectation of a certain amount of conversions to full paid plans.. It'd probably be less annoying if you were an employee relying on that product to generate income for the company to continue being paid.

No?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2967 posts
1672 upvotes
shylok wrote: Yes it's very annoying that the company has a promotion with a planned expectation of a certain amount of conversions to full paid plans.. It'd probably be less annoying if you were an employee relying on that product to generate income for the company to continue being paid.

No?
Keep in mind, this product has an MSRP of around $110. The product is updated and offered every year, and many "i dont want to use my cc online" people buy in stores specifically to avoid entering their cc info online.

To me, it's not the end of the world, but annoying to prepay only to have to provide cc information anyways.
Apr 25, 2006
500 posts
96 upvotes
smacd wrote: At the risk of being downvoted to oblivion, Norton 360 Premium for 10 devices is on sale at Staples. Yes, I know, 15 years ago, it slowed your Windows Vista down considerably, but it's not as much of a resource hog these days. It does auto-renew annually at renewal price on NortonLifeLock website. Cancel anytime in your account. It's a good deal at $3.00/device if you have lots of devices in your family.

Thanks OP. I know many people don't like it (whether based on distant history of the program or recent use I don't know) but I've used it for a while now without any slow down of my system and I like having it on computers in the house where I can't always control what gets downloaded. Mine was expiring soon.
Thanks!!
Jul 2, 2014
90 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP
Good deal
Not sure why all of the down votes - it should force people to self identify......
Aug 11, 2017
21 posts
9 upvotes
Thanks for this. My husband bought it ages years ago and I only just realized that it has been auto renewing at some ridiculous cost - $150 this time - exactly what they are hoping for). I asked him to call for a refund last week but he hadn’t got around to it. Your post reminded me to nag him again, so he called last night. He mentioned how ridiculous it was to charge us so much when it is so cheap at staples and they agreed to price match and reimburse the difference. Thanks again for the post, it not only reminded me to nag but got us a much better deal. I also went into his account and cancelled the auto renewal.
Jun 8, 2012
159 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
mistytalon wrote: They've improved somewhat since then, but having had to work with SEP and the garbage heap that is, I cannot in good conscience recommend a product by the same company.
I've haven't used Norton products recently, so I can't comment on their products anymore.

What I wanted to say was that SEP was from Symantec, which Norton sold last year, they were two separate divisions and run like two separate companies. So given that Norton is now a leaner, smaller company and no longer bogged down by the slowly turning wheels of the enterprise business I'd hope to see some major improvements. They'd need to do this in order to survive I'd imagine.

Also I think 360 comes with their VPN service, so that's a plus.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23474 posts
8385 upvotes
75 GB cloud? Office/Microsoft 365 Family has 6 devices and 1 TB per device for as little as $90/year (normally $110). Good that you are buying this for the extra security and not cloud services...
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23474 posts
8385 upvotes
RubberCheese wrote: Keep in mind, this product has an MSRP of around $110. The product is updated and offered every year, and many "i dont want to use my cc online" people buy in stores specifically to avoid entering their cc info online.

To me, it's not the end of the world, but annoying to prepay only to have to provide cc information anyways.
Will this work with a Vanilla Card or no?
Mar 5, 2013
421 posts
500 upvotes
Kitchener
Realistically performance, effectiveness, and efficiency-wise if you're not using Windows Defender, the only other thing I would use is Bitdefender Total Protection. I use Bitdefender Total Protection 2020 on my Threadripper build and Windows Defender on my laptops. MRG Effitas, AV Test, AV-Comparatives, Security Institute all put it at the top, Norton does well for protection (just slightly, and I mean slightly, lower) but has way more false positives, That being said, if you're choosing to use Norton you'll still be protected just fine .
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2001
1534 posts
311 upvotes
GTA
shylok wrote: What else are people using? I'm using a 1 year code a rep gave me as a promo that'll expire soon. But lots of devices in family to protect.
ESET Internet Security, works great for me
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5722 posts
1389 upvotes
Toronto
mistytalon wrote: I grew up in the era where Norton antivirus was more effective at making your box unusable than most viruses. They've improved somewhat since then, but having had to work with SEP and the garbage heap that is, I cannot in good conscience recommend a product by the same company.

That, and the fact that old habits of "I'm a simple man, I see norton, I downvote" dies hard.
And here I'm thinking that Norton is the measuring stick for all antiviruses lol
Jul 26, 2007
41 posts
19 upvotes
Bitdefender free? No cost, basic anti-virus. It won't spam or bug you to pay and it uses the same virus definitions as the paid software
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16790 posts
5269 upvotes
Markham
smacd wrote: At the risk of being downvoted to oblivion, Norton 360 Premium for 10 devices is on sale at Staples. Yes, I know, 15 years ago, it slowed your Windows Vista down considerably, but it's not as much of a resource hog these days. It does auto-renew annually at renewal price on NortonLifeLock website. Cancel anytime in your account. It's a good deal at $3.00/device if you have lots of devices in your family.

After you install and enter the keys, You can turn off auto renew immediately ( don't do it later as you might forget)
this comes with Free VPN !! for anyone interested
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Dec 12, 2010
235 posts
162 upvotes
Crazy that people are paying for AV still these days. I guess the cloud storage is a decent touch, but damn, paid AV? yuck