Hot Deals

[Staples] NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV 4K HDR Streaming Media Player- $179.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 12:46 pm
Apr 1, 2006
403 posts
2 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: Pro. It has usb, 64 bit support, and extra ram.

This version has been in stock since the coupon came around.
How about the Pro vs the 2017 version?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3045 posts
2841 upvotes
Alberta
WickedSmurf wrote: How about the Pro vs the 2017 version?
2019 pro adds Dolby Vision, AI upscaling, and slightly better cpu. The rest is essentially the same.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3045 posts
2841 upvotes
Alberta
LarryT778370 wrote: how did you get the 20 off stack with the email signup code though?
I am not interested in SHIELD, but I am interested in stacking coupon.
Can't be done.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
3047 posts
295 upvotes
Tube version does not play 4K via Plex properly. If you use Plex for 4K get the pro version.
Oct 1, 2018
113 posts
47 upvotes
Thanks op been curious to try one as my pi has been giving me some issues. Cheers
h
Mar 30, 2008
606 posts
155 upvotes
Vancouver
crimsondr wrote: Tube version does not play 4K via Plex properly. If you use Plex for 4K get the pro version.
Try installing spmc, (kodi) and install the plex app in it. Works flawlessly on my 2017. It's all I use kodi for. You can set it to open automatically when you open kodi.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
3047 posts
295 upvotes
madmox wrote: Try installing spmc, (kodi) and install the plex app in it. Works flawlessly on my 2017. It's all I use kodi for. You can set it to open automatically when you open kodi.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've always used the official Plex app. Used Rokus for years and it was great until I tried to do subtitles with 4K and no transcoding. Bought the tube earlier this year and it seemed to work at first but then crashed out all the time. I've already purchased two pros and they're working great. I'll try the workaround on the Tube so hopefully it's not totally useless going forward.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
53428 posts
18347 upvotes
OP / perennial Mr. thread capper / time machine guru can't even do the math right lol

This is my first down vote since the month down voting was permitted (gave a few to bullies but that was it).

$10 amazon.ca calculator link anyone?
Oct 8, 2012
16 posts
3 upvotes
CALGARY
With the new google chromecast with remote around the corner this is not "hot" imo.
[OP]
Nov 7, 2018
769 posts
540 upvotes
More_toys wrote: OP. You need to explain your math, or fix the price in your title/post.
Haha my bad. Price fixed now
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3291 posts
1594 upvotes
Toronto
Lush78 wrote: Pro. It has usb, 64 bit support, and extra ram.

This version has been in stock since the coupon came around.
I got the non pro for my parents, who really don't need Pro features.
My one critique of the Pro (which I got for myself about a month ago) is that it should also have a microsd slot (along with the 2 USB ports). Can obviously just use an adapter, but would be way nicer having a slot.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1391 posts
1104 upvotes
crimsondr wrote: Tube version does not play 4K via Plex properly. If you use Plex for 4K get the pro version.
Thank you, was not aware this was a tube specific issue. Gotta buy a pro now. I have been restarting the tube every time before watching a 4k movie and if I do that it allows me to get through without issue as long as I do not try skipping back/ahead or pausing.
May 26, 2016
100 posts
176 upvotes
I know Plex has all the clout, and the server isn't bad, but I've always had issues on the player end. I think using Kodi to access your Plex library is the way to go, albeit not as user friendly