Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro 4K HDR Streaming Media Player Restocked - $259.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 3:47 pm
[OP]
Apr 2, 2019
29 posts
25 upvotes

[Staples] NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro 4K HDR Streaming Media Player Restocked - $259.99

Can deliver to home or pick up in store
Well my order was cancelled "we were unable to fulfill item from your order"
Face With Tears Of Joy
Last edited by Anubseran on Jun 1st, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
20 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
17671 posts
4971 upvotes
Can't connect to the site. If no stock local, I'm not going through the hell of trying to order online only to have it cancelled *again*…

Nope. Out of stock for delivery and in store...
Nov 22, 2005
90 posts
20 upvotes
Markham
I think I placed the order not long after OP. Waiting to see if my order will be cancel. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Don't have high hopes though.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1038 posts
102 upvotes
How does the Shield Pro compare with the newest Minix Neo U22X-J with the latest Amlogic S922X-J processor? Both are in the $250 Cdn price range.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1777 posts
897 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Hamilton mountain and Kitchener were showing 1 each on stocktrack a few days back. I grabbed the one in Hamilton and really I don’t find much difference vs 2017. Processor is supposed to be 25% faster but I still have the same amount of studder in Mario Kart Double Dash. The AI-Upscale has a subtle effect but causes a blur issue if left on and trying to zoom video on Kodi. New remote is nice
Jul 21, 2013
683 posts
349 upvotes
Calgary
engmsf wrote: How does the Shield Pro compare with the newest Minix Neo U22X-J with the latest Amlogic S922X-J processor? Both are in the $250 Cdn price range.
Shield is certified Netflix 4k.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19731 posts
12852 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
engmsf wrote: How does the Shield Pro compare with the newest Minix Neo U22X-J with the latest Amlogic S922X-J processor? Both are in the $250 Cdn price range.
Nice to see that this thing runs Android TV. But is any Minix box licensed for Netflix at HD, let alone 4K, resolution? (I don't think so.)

The Shield Pro has 3GB RAM vs. 2GB on the Minix. And the remote seems nicer too.

But the biggest difference between the two is support. When NVIDIA wants to update their boxes they push out new firmware OTA free of charge. When Minix wants to update their boxes they push out a new hardware model.
veni, vidi, Visa
Nov 21, 2012
222 posts
82 upvotes
Richmond
Staples always has online inventory issues. They let you place the order but outrageously often a cancellation would follow.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
14355 posts
15116 upvotes
It can be tough putting up with Staples' sometimes good deals and frequently huffy puffy hear me roar managers.

The Staples with the chill management and good old boys are a fan favorite now.
>> Govt. Relief for Businesses: 75% Wage Subsidy <<

COVID-19 Etiquette
Whatever your personal opinion, please respect hygiene and PPE guidelines and mandates laid down by (1) government, (2) private establishments.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1033 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
You can also run plex server on shield pro. Nice to have.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1033 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
Shipping Notification
Order Number: 74
Order Date: May 30, 2020
Hi
We have good news! Items from your order 74 have been shipped.
If you would like the driver to leave your items (for example: on the front steps), please fill out the Signature Release Agreement.
Print and sign the form, and leave the original copy for the driver in a visible and accessible location.
They are being shipped to the following address:
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
17671 posts
4971 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote: Shipping Notification
Order Number: 74
Order Date: May 30, 2020
Hi
We have good news! Items from your order 74 have been shipped.
If you would like the driver to leave your items (for example: on the front steps), please fill out the Signature Release Agreement.
Print and sign the form, and leave the original copy for the driver in a visible and accessible location.
They are being shipped to the following address:
Lovely...

This is like Kit Kat...2 for you, none for me. Spent my money elsewhere, so the heck with Staples...

They also did not reply to my query as to how my order got cancelled. I really don't expect them to. This is why we switched companies for most of our postage needs...unreliability...