Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] One Step Hand Sanitizer, Fragrance-Free, 473mL, $6.99; not fragrance-free, 1L, 10.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2020 5:28 pm
Apr 2, 2017
262 posts
132 upvotes
Received the sanitizer, very fast shipping. And good quality - no rancid smell, no gooey residue.

Thanks, OP.
Nov 21, 2015
42 posts
191 upvotes
Ontario
Jayhoo wrote: 1L confirmed at 70% alcohol, but a few of mine came with some of it's contents gone. The plastic bag they have them wrapped in is a blessing and a curse in that it didn't leak everywhere, but the bags themselves kept the pump portion of the bottle in place while the bottle itself rolled around, opening while in transit.
My order with two 1-litre bottles came bagged together, however, one bottle's nozzle/pump was damaged in transit, so it leaked a bit all over the bag. Both bottles' cap were incredibly loosely tightened, for some reason.

After rinsing the bottles I live-chatted with Staples online to tell them about the damaged and leaking nozzle/pump and they immediately refunded me the cost of one bottle.

Poured the damaged bottle's contents into an old dispenser.
Sep 24, 2006
824 posts
123 upvotes
Can someone please confirm the 1L is a gel and not a spray?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19594 posts
4199 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
hank755 wrote: Can someone please confirm the 1L is a gel and not a spray?
Bought it today. It is a gel consistency.
What if there were no hypothetical questions? 🤔
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
2868 posts
404 upvotes
Oddly enough, they are coming to pick up the leaky bottles and are dropping off new ones.

The 1L is a gel sanitizer.
Nov 21, 2015
42 posts
191 upvotes
Ontario
Jayhoo wrote: Oddly enough, they are coming to pick up the leaky bottles and are dropping off new ones.

The 1L is a gel sanitizer.
That's interesting, because I offered the Staples staff member to return it via mail or to bring it to a store for return but they insisted on just issuing the refund.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1317 posts
703 upvotes
Burnaby
Bottle leaked in the plastic wrapping so I reached out to Staples

They agreed to refund the purchase and told me to keep the bottle as well

And that's after the delivery was made in under 3 days

Exceptional service from Staples - thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8340 posts
3780 upvotes
Markham
kooltilltheen wrote: Bottle leaked in the plastic wrapping so I reached out to Staples

They agreed to refund the purchase and told me to keep the bottle as well

And that's after the delivery was made in under 3 days

Exceptional service from Staples - thanks OP!
Plus no shipping minimum
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8340 posts
3780 upvotes
Markham
boryahjasper wrote: That's interesting, because I offered the Staples staff member to return it via mail or to bring it to a store for return but they insisted on just issuing the refund.
Probably depends on where you live
Like if you live in a area where staples has frequent delivery, then it doesn't cost them to pick up and drop off.

But they probably don't want to come just for one items while delivery needs a lot resources somewhere else

Just my guess
Last edited by smartie on Jul 21st, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1934 posts
1269 upvotes
Hamilton
Good deal on high quality sanitizer. I have viewed One Step as 2nd to only Purell. Happy they are also the ones with Aloe in them too.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2029 posts
1361 upvotes
Calgary
Ordered mine a few days ago with some of the $0.10 notebooks. The notebooks arrived today, but no hand sanitizer. The order page says the hand sanitizer hasn’t shipped yet but is expected to arrive tomorrow. I have no idea how Staples is making any money off this order, delivering $0.60 of notebooks and $6 of hand sanitizer from the same order separately. I did notice that it was a Staples branded delivery truck that delivered the notebooks, so it seems in Calgary at least that they are not outsourcing the delivery service.
Sep 24, 2006
824 posts
123 upvotes
I didn't know about the 10 cent notebooks. Thanks. Just ordered them.

jarfgames wrote: Ordered mine a few days ago with some of the $0.10 notebooks. The notebooks arrived today, but no hand sanitizer. The order page says the hand sanitizer hasn’t shipped yet but is expected to arrive tomorrow. I have no idea how Staples is making any money off this order, delivering $0.60 of notebooks and $6 of hand sanitizer from the same order separately. I did notice that it was a Staples branded delivery truck that delivered the notebooks, so it seems in Calgary at least that they are not outsourcing the delivery service.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
2091 posts
616 upvotes
Ordered two bottles of the 1L, received one. Anyone else?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
2868 posts
404 upvotes
When they came to drop off the replacement bottles this morning, the driver didn't even know about the swap and was content with just leaving the new bottles. To note, probably due to overwhelming feedback, the new bottles pump-tops are now taped down.
Jul 5, 2003
725 posts
79 upvotes
Mississauga
Thank you OP. I ordered and received 2 x 1L bottles.