Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] One Step Hand Sanitizer, Fragrance-Free, 473mL, $6.99; not fragrance-free, 1L, 10.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2020 5:28 pm
Apr 16, 2011
660 posts
215 upvotes
jarfgames wrote: Ordered mine a few days ago with some of the $0.10 notebooks. The notebooks arrived today, but no hand sanitizer. The order page says the hand sanitizer hasn’t shipped yet but is expected to arrive tomorrow. I have no idea how Staples is making any money off this order, delivering $0.60 of notebooks and $6 of hand sanitizer from the same order separately. I did notice that it was a Staples branded delivery truck that delivered the notebooks, so it seems in Calgary at least that they are not outsourcing the delivery service.
As someone who worked in shipping for quite some time. This is probably a shipping manager/worker who just doesn't care.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11905 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
boryahjasper wrote: My order with two 1-litre bottles came bagged together, however, one bottle's nozzle/pump was damaged in transit, so it leaked a bit all over the bag. Both bottles' cap were incredibly loosely tightened, for some reason.

After rinsing the bottles I live-chatted with Staples online to tell them about the damaged and leaking nozzle/pump and they immediately refunded me the cost of one bottle.

Poured the damaged bottle's contents into an old dispenser.
Aw, wish I had thought of that. I ordered 3 bottles and 1 one of them had an unsecure top. Miraculously, none of it had leaked out of the bag. I poured its contents into various smaller bottles, so everything was saved.
Apr 26, 2005
67 posts
116 upvotes
Vancouver
Lol, ordered 4 bottles and 10 arrived in the shipment today, maybe it got swapped with someone else's so make sure you check your order! Contacted Staples online chat and they could only send a driver during work hours so they asked me to drop it off at my local Staples. I guess I get to choose the 4 best bottles
Nov 5, 2008
322 posts
202 upvotes
Richmond
Thanked.
Ordered 4 and they arrived via UPS but in a Staples box that was 1/3 too big with not enough cushion inside so one side of the box was ripped and caved in. Luckily the contents were ok in individual plastic bags, but this seems to be a bad trend with how the package things for shipping.
Dec 15, 2017
202 posts
189 upvotes
Calgary
boryahjasper wrote: My order with two 1-litre bottles came bagged together, however, one bottle's nozzle/pump was damaged in transit, so it leaked a bit all over the bag. Both bottles' cap were incredibly loosely tightened, for some reason.

After rinsing the bottles I live-chatted with Staples online to tell them about the damaged and leaking nozzle/pump and they immediately refunded me the cost of one bottle.

Poured the damaged bottle's contents into an old dispenser.
Exact same thing happened to me when I ordered two bottles. Also got refunded for one bottle after emailing customer service.
You'd think they would put more effort into their packaging when shipping liquid.
Koodo: 11GB/$50 (-$5/month discount for 24 months, then $55/month)
"Retail is for suckers" - Cosmo Kramer
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1711 posts
129 upvotes
Vancouver
Mine arrived with 2 bottles bagged in 1.
One side of the box flap nearly came off of the tape.
Overall, no leakage.
I agree, no packing to secure items at all.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13379 posts
8345 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Mine wasn't even in a box, it was in a flimsy grey plastic envelope, each bottle was bagged but no cushion. Luckily no leakage.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1019 posts
1123 upvotes
Phew I was lucky. Ordered 8 small bottles and got all 8 in a box. But I also ordered other stuff.
Jan 21, 2012
106 posts
52 upvotes
VANCOUVER
cleovan wrote: I also haven't seen brand name Purell since around mid-February (was fortunate to get a few 296ml bottles at the time). I imagine their focus is on health care and large commercial buyers, because these were their key customers before the pandemic and will be long after it's faded into obscurity. Given the crisis in the U.S., I imagine we won't see Purell returning to store shelves for a while. I hope I'm wrong though, because I feel like the quality of their product is the best (relatively higher alcohol content, the gel is very smooth, doesn't leave any stickiness, etc.).
Update: My local Shoppers had some 236ml bottles behind the checkout. $5 each. First time seeing Purell since March 1st.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6641 posts
2897 upvotes
Talamasca wrote: Aw, wish I had thought of that. I ordered 3 bottles and 1 one of them had an unsecure top. Miraculously, none of it had leaked out of the bag. I poured its contents into various smaller bottles, so everything was saved.
I've seen a very large shipment of 1L one-step with unsecured top nozzles at walmart back a few months ago. They had 2 types of nozzles - the older type were all unsecured, whole the wider-new version were secured.
Jan 7, 2013
56 posts
182 upvotes
1L is back in stock, just ordered 2 bottles. Thks OP!
Apr 26, 2009
645 posts
472 upvotes
Calgary
I ordered 4 of these right in the middle of the pandemic when they were very hard to find. Have yet to use one.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1045 posts
273 upvotes
We ordered 2 and they came individually wrapped in sealed plastic bags. It's the same as the old One Step sanitizers but seems to have a new label/branding. Very nice product.
Jan 29, 2007
656 posts
87 upvotes
dave009 wrote: Lol, ordered 4 bottles and 10 arrived in the shipment today, maybe it got swapped with someone else's so make sure you check your order! Contacted Staples online chat and they could only send a driver during work hours so they asked me to drop it off at my local Staples. I guess I get to choose the 4 best bottles
That is very honest of you... Upvote just for that !
Mar 31, 2017
50 posts
24 upvotes
Woodbine costco has the 1L one step live clean with aloe for $6.99 in stock just now

Whole big skid across from the jewelers display.
Images
  • D79D243A-F1F0-4181-8103-C7D52BB13A12.jpeg