Expired Hot Deals

Staples

Ooma Telo (Wired) and Telo Air 2 (Wifi Enabled) - $89.99 and $99.99 - Home Phone Hub ($5/mo landline)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2020 11:52 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Aug 8, 2011
103 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto

[Staples] Ooma Telo (Wired) and Telo Air 2 (Wifi Enabled) - $89.99 and $99.99 - Home Phone Hub ($5/mo landline)

Hey RFD

Saw a thread a few days ago for the Ooma Telo Home Phone Base

See:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... 9-2386599/

Was doing some research when I realized the wired model is available on Staples for 99.99, and the wifi enabled model is available for 109.99. Sign Up for email promotions and you can get for 89.99 (use a filler item to increase basket over $100 if purchasing wired model) and 99.99 respectively.

I myself purchased the wifi enabled model and hope to switch so I can drop my $70 landline bill down to $5 per month. Reviews and feedback seems to be great on the service and product.

Ooma Telo Wired Model - 89.99 after coupon
https://www.staples.ca/products/1599666 ... ne-service

Ooma Telo Air 2 Wifi Model - 99.99 after coupon
https://www.staples.ca/products/2926125 ... a-telo-air

If anyone else has any further insight, please feel free to add!
Last edited by Ac131313 on Jul 16th, 2020 2:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
27 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 2, 2017
1478 posts
2838 upvotes
s'toon
Would recommend ooma, have had for more than 3 years - barely any calls perhaps once a week?. but nowadays people don't use landline anymore. Good for seniors who stay at home all day, other than that, could get a wireless plan for 10$.mo and a 100$ phone.
Sr. Member
Oct 9, 2019
731 posts
1268 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Not a "HOT" price. Purchased it from Walmart for $20 a year ago. Service is great though. Also "Saving = 40% +$10" doesn't seem correct.

Ooma.jpg
Sr. Member
Apr 16, 2019
509 posts
523 upvotes
Wireless telo looks good OP.

I got this one recently from Bestbuy: Ooma 4-Sensor Home Security Starter Kit $99.99
Still on 'sale' for $100 off until July 16: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/oo ... r=PDP_Reco
If you have a need for this, great.
You can try and sell the sensors on an internet site like Kijiji to lower your cost :)
[OP]
Jr. Member
Aug 8, 2011
103 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
iMarketing wrote: Wireless telo looks good OP.

I got this one recently from Bestbuy: Ooma 4-Sensor Home Security Starter Kit $99.99
Still on 'sale' for $100 off until July 16: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/oo ... r=PDP_Reco
If you have a need for this, great.
You can try and sell the sensors on an internet site like Kijiji to lower your cost :)
Very interesting - im guessing the base unit on this is the same as the wired Telo home phone unit ? If so, that's a fantastic price.
Member
User avatar
Sep 4, 2005
280 posts
224 upvotes
I just got the Air 2. Setup on wifi is finicky... lots of errors and reboots but it worked eventually. Once it's set up, it's solid.
Sr. Member
Jun 1, 2017
818 posts
675 upvotes
Mississauga
iMarketing wrote: Wireless telo looks good OP.

I got this one recently from Bestbuy: Ooma 4-Sensor Home Security Starter Kit $99.99
Still on 'sale' for $100 off until July 16: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/oo ... r=PDP_Reco
If you have a need for this, great.
You can try and sell the sensors on an internet site like Kijiji to lower your cost :)
Have you tried the security option yet?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 18, 2008
8899 posts
2243 upvotes
Mont-Royal
is that a voip?

fax?

how many channels?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1218 posts
284 upvotes
Does anyone know if the premier service is $9.99/month on top of the base fee of $5 For taxes and 911 fees or is that all included in the $9.99? TIA
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1815 posts
453 upvotes
Seanne wrote: Would recommend ooma, have had for more than 3 years - barely any calls perhaps once a week?. but nowadays people don't use landline anymore. Good for seniors who stay at home all day, other than that, could get a wireless plan for 10$.mo and a 100$ phone.
Where can one get a wireless plan for $10/month?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37751 posts
23837 upvotes
Center of Universe
kuzi wrote: Does anyone know if the premier service is $9.99/month on top of the base fee of $5 For taxes and 911 fees or is that all included in the $9.99? TIA
Yes, it's $9.99 on top of the basic fee.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37751 posts
23837 upvotes
Center of Universe
bobor wrote: Where can one get a wireless plan for $10/month?
Freedom Mobile, unlimited talk and text prepaid $99/year.
Sr. Member
Sep 29, 2010
535 posts
761 upvotes
Seanne wrote: Would recommend ooma, have had for more than 3 years - barely any calls perhaps once a week?. but nowadays people don't use landline anymore. Good for seniors who stay at home all day, other than that, could get a wireless plan for 10$.mo and a 100$ phone.
Cosign this. Have had OOMA for ~10y. It's been great.

With the money you save from our Telco Oligopolies, buy a UPS (backup power supply) and hook up your router and the OOMA to it (and phone if cordless). UPS should last a few hours, more than enough for most outages.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1218 posts
284 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Yes, it's $9.99 on top of the basic fee.
Thank you. Also, anyone have any experience hookah this up to an existing alarm system that is currently connected to a home phone line? Is it possible? Does it work without issues? Thanks.
Sr. Member
Sep 29, 2010
535 posts
761 upvotes
alireja wrote: Not a "HOT" price. Purchased it from Walmart for $20 a year ago. Service is great though. Also "Saving = 40% +$10" doesn't seem correct.


Ooma.jpg
it's not a terrible price, but you basically stole that. I would have bought every one they had in stock. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Sr. Member
Sep 29, 2010
535 posts
761 upvotes
kuzi wrote: Thank you. Also, anyone have any experience hookah this up to an existing alarm system that is currently connected to a home phone line? Is it possible? Does it work without issues? Thanks.
should work.

trick - if you cut your main line and make the outside line a phone jack (and add an end to the inside part, you can plug your whole home into the OOMA and it will all work like it used to.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37751 posts
23837 upvotes
Center of Universe
pdipps wrote: should work.

trick - if you cut your main line and make the outside line a phone jack (and add an end to the inside part, you can plug your whole home into the OOMA and it will all work like it used to.
Supposedly, plugging Ooma into any existing telephone jack, makes the others in the house all "live".
Sr. Member
Sep 29, 2010
535 posts
761 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Supposedly, plugging Ooma into any existing telephone jack, makes the others in the house all "live".
Usually, yes. (I think we're saying the same thing.)

To improve reliability though, cutting it from the outside line will reduce interference.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 2, 2017
1478 posts
2838 upvotes
s'toon
bobor wrote: Where can one get a wireless plan for $10/month?
probably not anymore, have one for 8$/mo from last year, but now only 13$/mo cheapest (but with data which is a huge plus), and ofc being mobile vs ooma
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans#plans-start

edit: heres one
freedom-mobile-nationwide-unlimited-tal ... d-2362648/
better option if your senior can work out a smart/phone vs a 12-button telephone

Top