Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

[OOS] ASUS-Desktop-PC-G11CD-B13-Core-i5-6400-2-7GHz-16GB-RAM-512GB-SSD GTX1060

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2018 12:36 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 15, 2014
41 posts
104 upvotes
Whitby, ON

[Staples] [OOS] ASUS-Desktop-PC-G11CD-B13-Core-i5-6400-2-7GHz-16GB-RAM-512GB-SSD GTX1060

https://www.staples.ca/en/asus-refurbis ... CA_1_20001

You can also get a $20 off 200 coupon

It seems like a good deal to me for the specs.

It looks like it is now out of stock, time for a diet cherrwine.
Last edited by undead1 on Jun 12th, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
88 replies
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1342 posts
694 upvotes
What’s wrong with a refurb pc? Since all parts run independent of each other, is it likely that most of it should Be fine? Unless they use all refurb parts?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24801 posts
32560 upvotes
series1000 wrote: What’s wrong with a refurb pc? Since all parts run independent of each other, is it likely that most of it should Be fine? Unless they use all refurb parts?
If the graphics card was run hard, you'd never know. On a relatively high performance system like this one, it's too much risk.
.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16090 posts
7712 upvotes
London
When I worked for HP I would always push refurbs on people.

With a refurb you are getting something that will always work right out of the box since they are all thoroughly tested before shipping.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3333 upvotes
if you get a year warranty on refurb this is hot. if its going to fail on you youll find out soon enough.
or its 90 days maybe you can add that extra warranty.
Member
Jul 16, 2009
233 posts
219 upvotes
Specs say 300W PSU, which is cutting it pretty close with the 1060 +i5. Anyone who is ordering this should probably double check the power supply.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2005
2220 posts
757 upvotes
Ottawa
I haven't built a PC in forever so I'm a bit out of the loop but a similar build (but probably a better CPU) will cost you around $1000 at the cheapest. So it's not too bad if you don't mind a pre built computer
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1721 posts
1091 upvotes
Rudy wrote: I haven't built a PC in forever so I'm a bit out of the loop but a similar build (but probably a better CPU) will cost you around $1000 at the cheapest. So it's not too bad if you don't mind a pre built computer
Yeah, i'm building one now with as many cheap parts as i can muster and it's going to cost me more than this when all is done, and not be as good :facepalm:

i7 4790, 16gb of ram, 240gb SSD, gtx1060 3gb(They dont say the vram on the card here, but its probably a 3gb.*) reusing an old case, buying a new keyboard and mouse, used monitor. In the end i'm looking at just under $1100.... And thats doing everything as cheaply as possible(offlease workstation, gpu on sale and using an eBay coupon for 20% off, no name chinese keyboard and mouse, etc...)

Only thing that is probably better on mine is the PSU, but thats like an $80 upgrade for the asus, so Id still have saved $200.

edit-*Nope, its the 6GB card. So this is an even BETTER deal than what i stupidly put more money and labour into. :facepalm:
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 17, 2014
921 posts
697 upvotes
Vancouver
spec showing NO DisplayPort? not sure if this is correct info. as most gaming videocards should have at least one DP for 144hz or above gaming monitors...unless HDMI port on this videocard can support it full 144hz (which usually they are capped at 120hz)
Newbie
Aug 29, 2017
66 posts
75 upvotes
I bought the G11cd refurbished in January during the Bestbuy sale if anyone remembers.
The graphics card is failing now, I can't even play CS:GO anymore because it will crash. Went to ASUS support, got told to install the latest drivers (which I already did ). Will have to send computer in for servicing. Never overclocked the GPU, started experiencing problems 3 and a half months in. Right after 90 days.
Maybe many other people's computers are running fine but this is just my experience with a refurbished G11cd.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 30, 2006
1715 posts
842 upvotes
Halton
Scott86 wrote: Yeah, i'm building one now with as many cheap parts as i can muster and it's going to cost me more than this when all is done, and not be as good :facepalm:

i7 4790, 16gb of ram, 240gb SSD, gtx1060 3gb(They dont say the vram on the card here, but its probably a 3gb.*) reusing an old case, buying a new keyboard and mouse, used monitor. In the end i'm looking at just under $1100.... And thats doing everything as cheaply as possible(offlease workstation, gpu on sale and using an eBay coupon for 20% off, no name chinese keyboard and mouse, etc...)

Only thing that is probably better on mine is the PSU, but thats like an $80 upgrade for the asus, so Id still have saved $200.

edit-*Nope, its the 6GB card. So this is an even BETTER deal than what i stupidly put more money and labour into. :facepalm:
hate to throw salt on the wound but ... is OS a factor these days? what's the going rate?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 22, 2005
12146 posts
4977 upvotes
waven101 wrote: if you get a year warranty on refurb this is hot. if its going to fail on you youll find out soon enough.
or its 90 days maybe you can add that extra warranty.
Do credit card extended warranties work with refurbs? Probably not.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1721 posts
1091 upvotes
all 1060s have display ports. The question is does it have 2 display ports, or 3?(The configuration for all 1060's seem to be 1 DVI, 2 HDMI, 2 display ports OR 1 DVI, 1 HDMI and 3 display ports.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 22, 2005
12146 posts
4977 upvotes
xyzzjp wrote: I bought the G11cd refurbished in January during the Bestbuy sale if anyone remembers.
The graphics card is failing now, I can't even play CS:GO anymore because it will crash. Went to ASUS support, got told to install the latest drivers (which I already did ). Will have to send computer in for servicing. Never overclocked the GPU, started experiencing problems 3 and a half months in. Right after 90 days.
Maybe many other people's computers are running fine but this is just my experience with a refurbished G11cd.
Can you swap out the video card?

I have heard this PC is not particularly up-gradable.
Newbie
Jan 7, 2015
7 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This CPU does not put out particularly impressive numbers. 6761 passmark score. Seems like an ok deal for the graphics, but not a CPU i'd be looking at.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2763 posts
2709 upvotes
stotheq wrote: This CPU does not put out particularly impressive numbers. 6761 passmark score. Seems like an ok deal for the graphics, but not a CPU i'd be looking at.
Depends on the game - CPU isn't that important. You're expecting a little too much for a $800 machine.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 29, 2007
1709 posts
561 upvotes
Toronto
bought the bb refurb one in january and it's still working perfectly for me *fingers crossed* lol

Top