Expired Hot Deals

Staples

Overkill Logitech Brio Webcam for $249 [Not a deal, but desperate item for many]

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2020 1:33 pm
[OP]
Jun 4, 2019
54 posts
87 upvotes

[Staples] Overkill Logitech Brio Webcam for $249 [Not a deal, but desperate item for many]

Not a deal, definitely not a product you can use at full capabilities but man you can buy it now

Looks like it can be purchased from Canada computers too - https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... anguage=en [Only pickup, Not delivered to home unlike Staples]
15 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2648 posts
2106 upvotes
YYZ
i wouldn't want coworkers to see me in 4k at home
Licensed Full Service Realtor
[OP]
Jun 4, 2019
54 posts
87 upvotes
bLuPhYrE wrote: i wouldn't want coworkers to see me in 4k at home
they won't, No one seems to have internet connection that fast these days :D
Mar 28, 2008
551 posts
328 upvotes
A lot of no name webcams have popped up on Amazon. These as generally not bad, though some have fisheye effect.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8044 posts
9020 upvotes
Montréal
Just a simple question: why post a not-hot-at-all deal? Obviously OP knows that it is not hot, like stated in thread title?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5628 posts
208 upvotes
Scarborough
Took this long to get price back to MSRP, pretty brutal.

Good deal for those that need it. Not sure if worth 2.5x the price of the 920S though.

Windows Hello is nice though!
RZ9 5900X|GB X570 Aorus Elite|CR 2x16Gb DDR4-3600 CL16|eVGA GF RTX 3080 10GB XCU|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|CC MX500 2TB SSD|SS 1TB HDD|SoundBlaster Z|Logi Z-5500|LG 38WK95C/Len TV T22i-10|CS K100|HyperX PF Surge|Ocu. Rift S
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2766 posts
2480 upvotes
all webcams have bad image quality, the only reason to get a brio is to fit more people into the picture with the wider angle lens
Feb 20, 2013
62 posts
52 upvotes
For webcam the 920 still the best, it also has better optics. For the price that you are looking for the Brio you can get a Nex7 for example, used on eBay or even Kijiji and get way more out of it. Spend more than 100 bucks on a webcam for streaming makes no sense and if you are also looking for video recording like I said, you have way better options at the same price range. Not gonna downvote but a quite bad post buddy.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29048 posts
14591 upvotes
bLuPhYrE wrote: i wouldn't want coworkers to see me in 4k at home
That is unless they subscribe to your OF.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2648 posts
2106 upvotes
YYZ
death_hawk wrote: That is unless they subscribe to your OF.
howd u know Face Screaming In Fear
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Jul 17, 2012
806 posts
372 upvotes
Kamloops
So today I'm tasked to get conference room gears for my company and then I realized there is a shortage of logitech higher model web cams. Even mid range models. So 249 is very good deal for this camera if you can even get one right now. Not very happy about this, we are just gonna use the old one I found in the storage. I end up getting a emeet m2 speaker microphone thing for 250 no tax on Amazon. I don't know that's the redflagdeals price but need it in 2 days no choice. Company pay for it anyways so no big deal. Looks like 179 is the best price for this. Back then I thought its expensive lol. We need something wider angle than 78 degree since have people sitting close to the 75 inch mounted tv. I was so mad I was thinking about bringing in the wife's eos rp with my 11-24mm lens and figure out that canon new webcam software and that should beat logitech even the best camera. In the end I realize don't need to go crazy on this. My mentality is always get the flagship models.
Jul 17, 2012
806 posts
372 upvotes
Kamloops
Renanmandian wrote: For webcam the 920 still the best, it also has better optics. For the price that you are looking for the Brio you can get a Nex7 for example, used on eBay or even Kijiji and get way more out of it. Spend more than 100 bucks on a webcam for streaming makes no sense and if you are also looking for video recording like I said, you have way better options at the same price range. Not gonna downvote but a quite bad post buddy.
sony nex7 with lens you can get for 100 bucks? ebay cheapest is 200 something no lens.

end up ordering this for company. got approval to purchase. if can get it next week then this is a great thread. company website list the approved camera include 930e but asked around we don't have any spare.
Feb 20, 2013
62 posts
52 upvotes
muscleking wrote: sony nex7 with lens you can get for 100 bucks? ebay cheapest is 200 something no lens.

end up ordering this for the company. got approval to purchase. if can get it next week then this is a great thread. company website list the approved camera include 930e but asked around we don't have any spare.

The price is for the Brio is $249.99, the C920S Pro you can get for about $100 bucks and have some money left to get a good decent USB mic since they all have shitty mics and the Nex7 for 200 is a quite nice deal, with the kit lens it may get a bit over $249 but you are getting much more for it in terms of content creation uses. Like somebody here already mentioned, 4k webcam streaming is just not a thing, it all depends on the connection of the viewers, and even if they were able to receive the whole 4k signal if they are not watching in full screen what would be the point to have such high resolution? If money is not an issue get a Brio and a C920S Pro, compare both on a Zoom call, and returned the one you don't like, I guarantee you will be surprised.
Jul 17, 2012
806 posts
372 upvotes
Kamloops
We need a bit wider angle so the brio or 930e is the way to go. Right now we have a Microsoft lifecam 720 definitely not wide enough. The 920s were out of stock everywhere. 4k is more future proof and it's in stock and I'm getting it today so will be good for next Tuesday. 250 is nothing for corporation lol. I saw people saying companies buy these in bulk and give to employees during covid. One thing I want to try is my rp and lenses for webcam. No time to play with it yet. The emeet m2 sounds pretty good but I'll see if it works well for the meeting next week. 500 bucks is good for this set up and I saw 2000 bucks set up from dell or logitech to get better result but wires everywhere with those.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)