• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2018 11:51 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1212 posts
137 upvotes

[Staples] Papago 350 dash cam w/ 8gb card - $99.98

Papago 350 dash cam with 8 gb card. Solid reviews and good price until January 16 or until OOS, which could be soon Grinning Face

PAPAGO Car Dash Camera GoSafe 350 1080P Full HD Mini Dash Cam with bonus 8GB Micro SD Card (GS3508G)
Sometimes, smaller IS better. With an exclusive Lane Departure Warning System preinstalled in GoSafe 350, to keep you safe and on track, this dash cam has built-in GPS logging to record your GPS coordinates and speed. When an important event occurs, you’ll know exactly when and where the incident occured. The GoSafe 350mini is designed to record a 142 degree ultra wide angle, and supports AV-OUT function so you can easily watch your videos on a TV or computer. This all-glass lens dash cam covers a larger field of view, capturing both sides of the road with great detail. To ensure maximum security, like most Papago dash cams, this potent device has multiple recording modes to choose from, including Auto Recording, Motion Detection, and Monitor Mode, and, is fully equipped with Papago’s famous Driver Assist Features. The GoSafe 350mini is surely not to be underestimated.
Night Vision 2" colour LCD Display
Class 10 MicroSDHC card (8GB Min-64GB Max)
Record Full HD 1080P video with 142 Degree Wide Angle.
Driver assist features: LDWS (Land Departure Warning System) , Stop and Go, Driver Fatigue Alarm, Light Reminder, come pre-installed; LED Instruction Light Red and green indicator light; GPS Logging;
Connectivity: USB 2.0, AV out
Built-in super capacitor with an exclusive Lane Departure Warning System preinstalled
3 Recording Mode: Automatic Recording, Monitor Mode, Motion Detection.
GPS Logging: The dash cam can record GPS coordinates, speed so you know when and where events occurred.
Dimensions: 1.14" x 2.13" x 2.17"
Lifetime Free Firmware Updates
17 replies
May 14, 2013
60 posts
11 upvotes
I bought this from Amazon a couple weeks ago. Never used it as the section cup does not stick to the windshield.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1757 posts
665 upvotes
Vancouver
seagull1987 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 4:42 pm
Any good in northern Alberta winter?
You should use a heater... Smiling Face With Open Mouth
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1757 posts
665 upvotes
Vancouver
142 degree "ultra wide angle" is not really that much.....

I'd rather pass...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1212 posts
137 upvotes
max011 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 5:50 pm
142 degree "ultra wide angle" is not really that much.....

I'd rather pass...
142 is still pretty wide and hardly narrow enough to dismiss in my opinion. I’ve also read that 170 seems too wide in that cars straight ahead look much further away than they are. Many reviewers prefer the medium range cams from what I’ve read. 130-145 range.
Dec 8, 2014
229 posts
87 upvotes
Calgary, AB
i have the papago gs200, works in canadian winter. And best of all, it is behind the rear view mirror. so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1757 posts
665 upvotes
Vancouver
craigdcan wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 7:09 pm
142 is still pretty wide and hardly narrow enough to dismiss in my opinion. I’ve also read that 170 seems too wide in that cars straight ahead look much further away than they are. Many reviewers prefer the medium range cams from what I’ve read. 130-145 range.
No, not at this price point. For $100 there are better options for sure.

Search SJCAM SJ4000 @Amazon.ca for instance; 170 degrees. Great reviews. Cheaper even without Lightning deals.. All Go-Pro accessories are compatible so you can hide it behind you rear-view mirror etc....

Lot of options out there, so I think this one is overpriced even when on sale...
Nov 29, 2013
703 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
max011 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 7:48 pm
No, not at this price point. For $100 there are better options for sure.

Search SJCAM SJ4000 @Amazon.ca for instance; 170 degrees. Great reviews. Cheaper even without Lightning deals.. All Go-Pro accessories are compatible so you can hide it behind you rear-view mirror etc....

Lot of options out there, so I think this one is overpriced even when on sale...
are there any downsides to using this as a dash cam?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2002 posts
774 upvotes
Scarborough
I think the rear cam is necessary. I’ve been rear ended twice, once the guy took off and I was too busy getting thrown into oncoming traffic to see his plate. Guess who had to pay the deductible? Yeah. Get a rear one. Love my Magellan 480d. Was on sale at Bestbuy a couple of weeks ago for 199.99. Way better than that thinkware trash pile I tried before that.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1757 posts
665 upvotes
Vancouver
brensavoyton wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 8:56 pm
Don't really know.. Are there??

Best I can do is share this Test & compare video
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1650 posts
1153 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
I have some questions about this dashcam. I'm in the market for one for a senior driver.

I would like to know:

1. Can I turn the LCD display off and keep it off while driving? Will the dashcam remember to keep the display off when the unit is powered back on again (car does not have always on cigport and I would not want to put it in the always on cigport as it will drain the battery)

2. Can you select the video recording quality/resolution? (ie. If I want 720p)

3. How long does the camera record 1080p and 720p on a 8gb? What about 1080p and 720p on a 64gb card?

4. What is the lowest temprature the unit and screen can survive?

5. How durable is this unit if it fell off the windshield or if it fell onto the ground?

6. Is getting an extended warranty advisable? If so how long of an extended warrenty?

Thanks.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
9339 posts
3740 upvotes
Toronto
It stops working after few months of usage. You can't even power it on.
brensavoyton wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 8:56 pm

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!