Expired Hot Deals

Staples

Possibly "price error" MSI Katana GF66 15.6 for $1149.99 ($350 savings)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2022 1:15 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 1, 2010
5647 posts
1852 upvotes
Kanata
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Last christmas was 2 weeks ago and you're already waiting until next christmas? are you sure that next christmas it won't be better to wait until the christmas after next christmas etc?
lol. If you're waiting to buy tech, you'll be waiting forever.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Newbie
Feb 19, 2014
6 posts
5 upvotes
SAINT-LAURENT
jay_w wrote: What are the thoughts on MSI Laptops? I've been looking for a gaming laptop recently, and from what i can tell, the build quality kind of sucks on them. though, i have have no personal experience.
Also, i agree, i wouldn't be paying that much for a 3050 myself, but prices are now post-boxing day deals for the most part. I have heard a lot of mention that these laptops should reduce in price in the next month or two, with the new batches of models coming out. I'd hold out and wait a bit.
Bought one couple years back, horrible experience, like most people complain, bad build quality, heating issues, even when sitting on desk, i had to purchase a cooling pad. Great performance otherwise!
Jr. Member
Apr 30, 2007
181 posts
170 upvotes
EmpressLisaSu wrote: RTX 3050 with i7 11th gen for $1.1k
If you REALLY need one, why not.
But I'd personally wait for this Christmas with the advent of Zen4 and Raptorlake.
this Christmas? you mean 11 months later?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 1, 2020
745 posts
1499 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Last christmas was 2 weeks ago and you're already waiting until next christmas? are you sure that next christmas it won't be better to wait until the christmas after next christmas etc?
Yeah, I just stated what I'd personally due, thus I qualified my original statement with "But I'd personally..."
It's definitely a free country and everyone else can do whatever they want.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 1, 2020
745 posts
1499 upvotes
Tabooger wrote: lol. If you're waiting to buy tech, you'll be waiting forever.
I waited 10 years and replaced my i7-3770k + RX570 system with a Ryzen 5600x + 6800XT system 3 months ago using Amazon's 25% off $1000 purchase for new amazon business accounts for a lot of the components. CPU was $269.99 after discount. Worth the wait, especially being able to get Bezos to foot part of my PC bill.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1872 posts
2304 upvotes
TORONTO
EmpressLisaSu wrote: I waited 10 years and replaced my i7-3770k + RX570 system with a Ryzen 5600x + 6800XT system 3 months ago using Amazon's 25% off $1000 purchase for new amazon business accounts for a lot of the components. CPU was $269.99 after discount. Worth the wait, especially being able to get Bezos to foot part of my PC bill.
You're the Buffett of holding your old tech! Win!
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1872 posts
2304 upvotes
TORONTO
Yeah, no, it's not a very good deal. GF66 is MSI's lowest end laptop, and MSI doesn't really make good laptops to begin with.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2015
2651 posts
3182 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
EmpressLisaSu wrote: I waited 10 years and replaced my i7-3770k + RX570 system with a Ryzen 5600x + 6800XT system 3 months ago using Amazon's 25% off $1000 purchase for new amazon business accounts for a lot of the components. CPU was $269.99 after discount. Worth the wait, especially being able to get Bezos to foot part of my PC bill.
Lol still using a 4770K here built in 2014, and it's running like a champ still. Won't upgrade until it breaks or unless something happens that I need to upgrade, like games can't run or etc...
😎Thanks RFD😎
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 1, 2020
745 posts
1499 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: Lol still using a 4770K here built in 2014, and it's running like a champ still. Won't upgrade until it breaks or unless something happens that I need to upgrade, like games can't run or etc...
I thought I was fine too, until I tried cyberpunk. Even with 6800xt my 3770 was dying in rendering the city.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 5, 2011
2069 posts
2205 upvotes
Toronto
PanchoVilla wrote: I hope they upgraded their shitty hinge design.

This is basically how my year and a half laptop looks like currently, I have to epoxy it myself. (NOt my pic)
https://preview.redd.it/bfr67cfdbfa51.j ... 2243b077a3
Same thing happened to my MSI laptop. Had to drill holes through the case & attach nuts/bolts to hold it together.

Battery is also completely dead at this point & will only work when plugged in. Battery is internal & potentially soldered, I haven't looked.

Not bad otherwise.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 4, 2009
6494 posts
2632 upvotes
xjesterxx wrote: Not bad otherwise.
Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed EyesSlightly Smiling Face
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Addict
May 12, 2011
3356 posts
461 upvotes
North Vancouver
After we all got the 3070 PC from NZXT for $1,500 in September this is ICE COLD
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
1937 posts
1360 upvotes
Grande Prairie AB
hooya wrote: Am I missing something?
Core i7-11800H, 512GB SSD, 8GB DDR4, NVIDIA GeForce RTX3050 doesn't sound like a good deal for $1150...
Because it's not.
Sr. Member
Apr 21, 2012
729 posts
907 upvotes
Ontario
notnow17 wrote: At this price it should come with a 3060 instead IMO.
Why?? Honestly this is a decent price. A deal for the 2060 was the $1300-1400 mark. I don't think I've seen a single 3060 at the $1100 mark ever.
Sr. Member
Apr 21, 2012
729 posts
907 upvotes
Ontario
Sharks316 wrote: After we all got the 3070 PC from NZXT for $1,500 in September this is ICE COLD
Desktop or laptop? Because they are very different things at very different price points.
Sr. Member
Apr 21, 2012
729 posts
907 upvotes
Ontario
xjesterxx wrote: Same thing happened to my MSI laptop. Had to drill holes through the case & attach nuts/bolts to hold it together.

Battery is also completely dead at this point & will only work when plugged in. Battery is internal & potentially soldered, I haven't looked.

Not bad otherwise.
No battery is soldered. It might be stuck down with double-sided tape but it's rare to have any sort of strong adhesive.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 5, 2011
2069 posts
2205 upvotes
Toronto
mobbie wrote: No battery is soldered. It might be stuck down with double-sided tape but it's rare to have any sort of strong adhesive.
I believe you - I might end up replacing it at some point as a 2nd portable rig but the LAN party scene just isn’t what it used to be.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!

Top