• Oct 3rd, 2012 12:32 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3342 posts
2172 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON

Staples "Resealed and Certified" Playbook

I finally picked up, from Staples, my 32GB Blackberry Playbook that I pre-ordered and pre-paid for. I got home and removed the outer slip cover, and found that it has "Resealed and Certified" stickers on it. Now, while it was on sale, I was assuming that I'd be getting a new one, not an "open stock" item.
Should I return it and demand an unopened Playbook?
I've had bad experiences in the past with open box electronics from Future Shop.

UPDATE:
I fumed for half an hour about this, then hopped in the car and took it back. The manager (who handed me the box in the first place), saw me coming and quickly steered himself towards an elderly lady. He then went on to describe all the wonderful benefits of Wifi to her, and kept me waiting at the counter for 15 minutes. The cashier who I first approached in regards to exchanging it, kept apologising, and eventually got another higher up to come serve me. (I think the manager saw the set of my jaw, and was in conflict avoidance mode).
They finally did exchange it for an unopened box, with no debate.
Oddly enough, it was the cashier who kept going on about how the 'Resealed and Certified' merchandise is "Thoroughly inspected" and "good as new"...LOL... I just ignored her.