Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Respawn 110 gaming chairs $289.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2021 8:56 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1764 posts
1015 upvotes
I really think it comes down to weight, lighter you are the more chairs that will work...as you pass 2 bills you likely need a lot more support that typical cheaper chairs don't offer.
Cool Beans
Jan 18, 2006
545 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
RadioDude wrote: We're going off topic here so this will be my final response. I understand where you're coming from. However if it's my money, no way in hell will i waste $3-$400 on something just because I want to teach my kid a lesson about making stupid purchases. Perhaps we come from different socioeconomic backgrounds so that's why to you it's a good purchase to teach your kid a valuable lesson. To me, it's not.
If the parents understand the real consequences behind bad postures, I'd bet most parents would do more to help promote good postures. Based on personal experiences, I understand it means - back problems, confidence level, affects how people perceive you, etc., so I do my best to encourage my young kids to have better posture whenever I can.

I for one, can't in good conscience, spend money (especially at this price range) on anything knowing it can only create/feed into the kids' bad habit.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1676 posts
1073 upvotes
Ottawa Valley
RadioDude wrote: Refer to my response to the other guy, the point isn't about whether or not gun is comparable to chairs. The point is that you as the parent has the final say on what you should be purchasing for your home; Not your kid. Believe it or not, kids don't make the wisest decisions on what's a good purchase and what's not. We as adults don't have to cater to their every whim. If you're the type of parents who caters to all your kids' wants and needs, by all means, you do you.
And everyone elses point is you don't need to shit on a product just because its not one you would choose.

No one comes here for your parenting lessons.

I also bought my kids light up sneakers. You going to lecture me on parenting because they are not the best choice from an orthopedic point of view?
You're gonna be really upset with me when you find out I also got my kids beanbag chairs.
Sometimes I even buy them a Happy meal instead of a fistful of organic kale.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts.
Mar 6, 2018
217 posts
152 upvotes
Don’t waste your money of these chairs, get a proper gaming chair like Herman Miller Embody
Feb 28, 2006
687 posts
651 upvotes
Johndaly wrote: My kids are able to make the decision of what chair they want. I don't have to agree with their reasoning. If they want it because it looks "cool" or whatever reason then that's their call. If it sucks and they hate it then tough luck and suck it up.

Being able to make mistakes and learn from them is an important part in growing. Having an adult say "No, your preference is wrong! " isn't going to help anything.
I think you have the right idea in that it's better to listen and respect their opinions then being authoritarian, but they can't really learn from their mistakes when they don't make their own money, there's no consequence to their actions. If it's their own money though then totally. Granted the other dude's example was over-exaggerated and poor, a gun cannot be compared to a chair. Over-exaggerating just weakens his own point. There's a middle ground between spoiling your kid and forcing them to only get what you permitted.

Anyways I came in here because I need a good computer chair, doesn't matter if it's labelled "gaming" or not. Premium "non-gaming" office chairs aren't exactly cheap either. Has anyone actually got and used one of these?
Dec 29, 2008
588 posts
892 upvotes
Mississauga
Neocodex wrote: And everyone elses point is you don't need to shit on a product just because its not one you would choose.

No one comes here for your parenting lessons.

I also bought my kids light up sneakers. You going to lecture me on parenting because they are not the best choice from an orthopedic point of view?
You're gonna be really upset with me when you find out I also got my kids beanbag chairs.
Sometimes I even buy them a Happy meal instead of a fistful of organic kale.
As mentioned MANY times in my previous posts, I don't care how you raise your kids or what you buy for them (Buy them crack for all I care). I'm simply stating a fact that these gaming chairs are objectively bad in terms of comfort/value/ergonomics as referenced by many people and reviews available online (including the video I posted). I also clarified that I(meaning myself and not you if you don't understand by now) would not spend this amount of money for something simply because my kid told me that he wants it. If you actually want to make a point to me and say that I'm wrong about Gaming Chairs being inferior to ergonomic office chairs out there. Then by all means we can debate about it. Otherwise, there's no reason to continue our conversation.

P.S. What's wrong about buying things which is good for the posteur for your kid? By the sound of it, you know the importance for ergonomics but willfully neglect it just to try and make a point to strangers on the internet that "we're not the boss of you".
Last edited by RadioDude on Jan 12th, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 20, 2016
53 posts
32 upvotes
I think it's fine for people to discourage this product in particular because it's bad value, and we're in a forum all about getting max bang for buck.
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
6024 posts
2116 upvotes
Toronto
Saw the title of this thread and immediately clicked on it so I could read the posts.

For the sake of your back (or your loved ones), get an Office Chair. It's how Bay St. firms can hire folks to sit in the office for 12-14 hours a day without complaining about their back.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3129 posts
744 upvotes
Pickering
Have had my Allsteel Trouper for over 13 years and no issues, bought it at a used office place on Warden Ave., was considering a gaming chair for my daughter but then read all the replies in this thread Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes, another office chair it is!
The only thing worse than human ignorance is human pride in that ignorance.
Nov 16, 2013
253 posts
415 upvotes
New Brunswick
Johndaly wrote: My kids are able to make the decision of what chair they want. I don't have to agree with their reasoning. If they want it because it looks "cool" or whatever reason then that's their call. If it sucks and they hate it then tough luck and suck it up.

Being able to make mistakes and learn from them is an important part in growing. Having an adult say "No, your preference is wrong! " isn't going to help anything.
Dang do you also let them drink whatever is under the sink if they want to, and if they get sick “tough luck”?

My wife is a kinder teacher, soft parents like you are ruining the next generation. Kids raising themselves... smh
Nov 1, 2015
625 posts
309 upvotes
BC
Bought a gaming chair 5 years ago on Amazon for about this price. Year 1 it started squeaking, year 2 the padding on the armrests started cracking and completely flattened. Year 3 the seat cushon started cracking and peeling. I threw it out eventually. Would never buy a gaming chair or leather chair again. Mesh is the way to go.
May 27, 2019
146 posts
450 upvotes
EverJay wrote: Dang do you also let them drink whatever is under the sink if they want to, and if they get sick “tough luck”?

My wife is a kinder teacher, soft parents like you are ruining the next generation. Kids raising themselves... smh
What's with people comparing a chair to guns and drinking chemicals?

It's a dang chair. If I'm buying one for my kid, they can pick it out within reason and they can live with that decision.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
2575 posts
1757 upvotes
Paid $330 for my DxRacer (it's a 1:1 copy of this chair, but with a different color scheme), because I figured it would be designed for long gaming sessions.

Turns out it just a overpriced POS with gamer aesthetics.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1181 posts
1848 upvotes
I need a new chair and can't find any sales on them.... Even with BD and BF I didn't see anything.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2020
1334 posts
3421 upvotes
Tech Jesus says no to gaming chairs. Must obey tech Jesus.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2008
1184 posts
1879 upvotes
Montreal
Broskah wrote: I need a new chair and can't find any sales on them.... Even with BD and BF I didn't see anything.
Check out Kijiji I bought a brand new one ( a Human Scale freedom ) from a guy in my area who sells them from his Cadillac Escalade.
Like super sketchy deal, all cash. To a bystander watching it must have looked like drug deal !
I even got free delivery by winning a wager that the Mega box would fit in my Vibe while he had to remove this 3rd row of seats in the Escalade.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)