• May 28th, 2020 9:10 am
[OP]
Oct 17, 2004
707 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto

Staples: Returns timeline

Hello,
Ordered an item from Staples and tried to return by chatting with them online since they no longer take phone calls.

Pickup was scheduled but no one showed up.
Drove to store now that they accept returns and attempted return. After 1 hour of waiting and the guy phoning their online division an email was sent to me with a PDF for the return.

This was done on May 21. Anyone know when the credit should show up on credit card?

Staples says 7-10 days which is a bit odd in my opinion, what has been the experience for other people?

I'm concerned since they already have the item and I have no refund for a week almost.
I'm too poor to buy crap
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
7967 posts
2660 upvotes
Maple
Always takes like 5-10 days, to get money back to account. It is for every stores. Keep the refund receipt.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1297 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
WORD OF ADVICE WITH STAPLES RETURNS

They will issue the refund on the 10th business day, then it takes up to 5 more to show up as a credit on your CC. I had this happen on2 online orders, 1 which I returned in store before COVID. Both times it was over 2 weeks to get the return.
Graphic Designer
[OP]
Oct 17, 2004
707 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
perfectg wrote: WORD OF ADVICE WITH STAPLES RETURNS

They will issue the refund on the 10th business day, then it takes up to 5 more to show up as a credit on your CC. I had this happen on2 online orders, 1 which I returned in store before COVID. Both times it was over 2 weeks to get the return.
This experience is kind of turning me off of using them in the future.

Took the guy 3 phone calls while I was in-store for him to get their online department to release the return for him to process, wasted like 1 hour of time!

Will use Walmart or Costco more instead.
I'm too poor to buy crap
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2175 posts
1230 upvotes
Calgary
I ordered some Airpods Pros online for pickup in store. Returned to store a few days later as I wasn't happy with the sound quality on a Thursday, and the refund appeared in my bank account the following Tuesday.

I did pay online using a Visa debit card, so that may have played a role in how quick it came back to my account. If it was going back to a credit card, it might have taken a few extra days to process at the bank (like returning anything in store at a retailer onto a credit card.